Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I said I agreed with her comments regarding the behaviour, I’ve no issue with her condemning that, that’s not what my point was. It was the criticism of fans gathering during a pandemic in a city with rising cases that makes her appear hypocritical given she has been silent on other gatherings (not the Kenmure one I might add before someone labels me a Tory 😂).

Read her tweet again.

16 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Sturgeon was quite right.  Anyone would think that there was nothing the Club could do.  The idea that someone could disgrace the Club like many did yesterday and still get into Ibrox is laughable. If they can't even be arsed to behave with that threat hanging over them then fine. Kick them out. Then it will truly be a police/society problem as the Club will have disassociated itself from them. Until the Club does that, mud sticks. 

Good post 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

28 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Love it. 

Standing up for human rights= My team winning a league title. 

Wearrapeeepul by the way. 

Dogs. The lot, utter dogs. 

If gatherings are banned then they must be banned for all and not have a blind eye turned for those which are deemed to be for a cause. The virus as we're told doesn't discriminate.

Politicians tacitly supporting the professional protesters at Pollokshields should have known better.

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Why is it only with Rangers fans that this sort of ill behaviour is consistent? Ive followed Falkirk for 20+ years and never seen mass brawls between our own fans during celebration or misery. The tweet is turning a blind eye to an evident problem that is clearly within Rangers football club and the culture it breeds. Do the vast majority of Rangers fans REALLY want to kick out sectarianism from the club?

His entire point though is that it’s not only consistent with Rangers fans, though. I very much doubt anyone (or many) would’ve set out to George Square yesterday to celebrate our title win with the intention of violence and anti-social behaviour at the forefront of their thoughts.

This is entirely my opinion of course, others will no doubt have a differing view.

15 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I think you need to calm down champ.

My original post was a sarcastic dig at the attitudes of most of the Rangers fans on this very thread. I'm aware that you're one the few who have completely condemned yesterday's carry on, which is admirable.

You can absolutely get to f**k with your 'I'm more working class than you' shite though.

Come on, we all love the "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch! 

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

She posted a series of 5 tweets, that was the first  but you already knew this.

Fucking hell - I'll type this slowly so you understand. AJF is choosing to read something from her comments that isn't there. She doesn't even mention 'gatherings' so no idea why he's conflating this with other events. She's condemning a rampage, acts of vandalism and vile sectarianism – and I asked for examples of where Sturgeon had failed to call these out when others had done them.

(Answer: no-one else behaves like Rangers fans)

Edited by Mr Heliums

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s my question though, is she implying that it’s the club who is responsible for this? It was not possible to have the fans in the stadium which is the only place Rangers have authority. I’m just not sure what she is expecting the club to be able to do.

Celtic had a opened top bus to the stadium and fans gathered at the stadium to enjoy a title win why take it in to the city?

1 minute ago, AJF said:

His entire point though is that it’s not only consistent with Rangers fans, though. I very much doubt anyone (or many) would’ve set out to George Square yesterday to celebrate our title win with the intention of violence and anti-social behaviour at the forefront of their thoughts.

This is entirely my opinion of course, others will no doubt have a differing view.

It's odd that despite it being the intention that it is inevitably the outcome.  This somewhat renders his point as pish. 

7 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Why is it only with Rangers fans that this sort of ill behaviour is consistent? Ive followed Falkirk for 20+ years and never seen mass brawls between our own fans during celebration or misery. The tweet is turning a blind eye to an evident problem that is clearly within Rangers football club and the culture it breeds. Do the vast majority of Rangers fans REALLY want to kick out sectarianism from the club?

I think that's a real issue. Certainly a depressing attitude of excusing stupid behaviour is evident around here. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 hour ago, AJF said:

But it quite clearly is. Celtic spent a full 9 years of dominance and never once caused scenes like last night. Yes plenty of questionable behaviour but not mass brawls between their own support. His point about fights during weddings? What a lot of pish. 

Again, I’ll ask you... do you believe the vast majority of Rangers fans truly want sectarian behaviour kicked out of the club?

Slightly off topic but I was at hospitality at Ibrox during a Rangers Falkirk tie with work. Your club official read out the teams but to mark a new signings arrival explained he would do it with a twist going surname first. The reaction “King, Billy” got was absolutely embarrassing. Your club just pretends they give a f**k and this filters down throughout the support. Nothing will ever change until fans stand up against it.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

9 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

59qo2s.jpg

I don't have the vocabulary to express myself better. I humbly apologise and will try and stop being amused by things or actually *quite bemused by things. (Never go full bemused) 

Just now, TonyFerrino said:

It's odd that despite it being the intention that it is inevitably the outcome.  This somewhat renders his point as pish. 

I disagree. I think it’s a valid point to make that the main factor behind violence/anti-social behaviour is the excess consumption of alcohol (or other substances) which is relatable to the wider society and not exclusive to Rangers.

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Fucking hell - I'll type this slowly so you understand. AJF is choosing to read something from her comments that isn't there. She doesn't even mention 'gatherings' so no idea why he's conflating this with other events. She's condemning a rampage, acts of vandalism and vile sectarianism – and I asked for examples of where Sturgeon had failed to call these out when others had done them.

(Answer: no-one else behaves like Rangers fans)

Click on her tweet, it's the first of a series.

I'm sure that someone as super clever as you claim to be can work it out.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic had a opened top bus to the stadium and fans gathered at the stadium to enjoy a title win why take it in to the city?

Rangers are not allowed to have an opened top bus and in no way organised or told fans to go to George Square. That’s my point, what more can the club do that she suggests?

Not a peep from Rangers so far on the matter, as expected.

Edit - Just a load of retweets from players holding the trophy, who most people couldn’t pick out of a lineup.

Edited by TheScarf