Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Hold on, did I see a comparison here to police wading into a candlelit vigil for a woman abducted and murdered?

No, you saw me mentioning 6 or 7 well publicised incidents where people attacked the police for various different reasons. Obviously police tactics and crowds is the common factor. 

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Nothing says tolerant like singing about killing people due to their religious beliefs.

You're intolerant of other peoples political beliefs yet find people singing a song to be morally questionable... mad. 

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

No, you saw me mentioning 6 or 7 well publicised incidents where people attacked the police for various different reasons. Obviously police tactics and crowds is the common factor. 

So you did include it as a comparison of a bunch of pissed up football fans, celebrating a title won months ago, occupying a city centre for no other reason than they feel entitled to it, to a peaceful candlelit vigil for a woman who was abducted and murdered by a police officer?

Are you comfortable with your view that this is just a case of people being bitter about rangers league title win?

Edited by Dons_1988

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely it’s part of the problem though particularly when events such as yesterday are attended by children who can be easily influenced??

Oh for sure, I think it's a minor part of the problem, most people are just singing songs, I don't think hearing the billy boys is what leads to children growing up and hating catholics. So many wider societal points come in to play. I've sung "sectarian" songs in the past and I'm not a bigot, I've previously posted a story of a catholic friend who got charged for singing the billy boys. 

I agree with the club trying to go against it and I think people can find it distasteful as they see fit, my dad wouldn't have taken me to that sort of environment yesterday and I wouldn't take my kids (if I had any)

32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Still yet to see one of the supposedly reasonable “P&B bears” show even a hint of embarrassment at last nights scenes. Genuinely astonishing. 

One lads has. Actually predicted that it was going to happen too. 

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Oh for sure, I think it's a minor part of the problem, most people are just singing songs, I don't think hearing the billy boys is what leads to children growing up and hating catholics. So many wider societal points come in to play. I've sung "sectarian" songs in the past and I'm not a bigot, I've previously posted a story of a catholic friend who got charged for singing the billy boys. 

I agree with the club trying to go against it and I think people can find it distasteful as they see fit, my dad wouldn't have taken me to that sort of environment yesterday and I wouldn't take my kids (if I had any)

Who took you to Ibrox originally if it wasn’t your dad ?

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So you did include it as a comparison of a bunch of pissed up football fans celebrating a title won months ago occupying a city centre for no other reason than they feel entitled to it, to a peaceful candlelit vigil for a woman who was abducted and murdered by a police officer?

Are you comfortable with your view that this is just a case of people being bitter about rangers league title win?

I included all the recent very public incidents of people fighting the police, you're missing the point by comparing what each event was aimed at. The entire point is this has happened at a broad range of events be it pished neds or sober normal every day people, the confrontation with the police arose from the police policing. No group was hunting out police to attack they merely reacted to policing. You may react differently on PnB due to what issue tugs at your heartstrings most but the point is obvious. 

I'm not sure I get your question. On this forum a lot of people hate Rangers and Rangers fans and are gleeful at what has occured, some people are sincere and are calling out behaviour they find abhorrent which is fair enough, especially if they are consistent with it. I don't think it was a big deal to draw many conclusion from like some of the more opportunistic vultures are. 

Edited by Stormzy

You're intolerant of other peoples political beliefs yet find people singing a song to be morally questionable... mad. 
Just because I disagree with someone political views doesn't make me intolerant to them. I am intolerant towards bigotry which you quite clearly aren't.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Who took you to Ibrox originally if it wasn’t your dad ?

My dad took me to Ibrox, he wouldn't have taken me to George Squade with thousands of pished up neds fighting each other and the police. 

Edited by Stormzy

On this fine champions morning I was wondering if Doncaster refused to present the trophy to the 'wrong' team or was he told to fcuk off?

E1fe_VkXIAAZr6p?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by bennett

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
10 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Just because I disagree with someone political views doesn't make me intolerant to them. I am intolerant towards bigotry which you quite clearly aren't.

No you've definitely posted plenty of intolerant posts towards people you disagree with. 

I'm also intolerant towards bigotry...

Edited by Stormzy

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Still yet to see one of the supposedly reasonable “P&B bears” show even a hint of embarrassment at last nights scenes. Genuinely astonishing. 

Ok. I tend to avoid the PnB pile ons but what has been filmed and circulated about last night was shameful and certainly embarrassing. We undoubtedly have a significant rogue element in our support. 

It goes nowhere near excusing it but I suspect Nicola’s holding of Glasgow in Tier 3 just as the city was nearing the light at the end of the tunnel did not help and instead set the tinder for the powder keg to be lit. 

Just read the Coronavirus thread on here - many posters (who are not Rangers fans) openly questioning why there are not any protests or even rioting on the streets of Glasgow. 

But, like I say, that does not excuse people’s individual responsibilities. Embarrassing to be lumped in with them. 

34 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Okay.

What's your disagreement? Perhaps you could tell me who I am bigoted against whilst you're being so articulate.

Edited by Stormzy

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Shocked to find Mr Tolerance sings sectarian songs, he's not a bigot though.

If I had your poor grasp of understanding things I'd also find so many things shocking. 

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

Ok. I tend to avoid the PnB pile ons but what has been filmed and circulated about last night was shameful and certainly embarrassing. We undoubtedly have a significant rogue element in our support. 

It goes nowhere near excusing it but I suspect Nicola’s holding of Glasgow in Tier 3 just as the city was nearing the light at the end of the tunnel did not help and instead set the tinder for the powder keg to be lit. 

Just read the Coronavirus thread on here - many posters (who are not Rangers fans) openly questioning why there are not any protests or even rioting on the streets of Glasgow. 

But, like I say, that does not excuse people’s individual responsibilities. Embarrassing to be lumped in with them. 

🤣🤣

Come on to f**k man.

10 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I included all the recent very public incidents of people fighting the police, you're missing the point by comparing what each event was aimed at. The entire point is this has happened at a broad range of events be it pished neds or sober normal every day people, the confrontation with the police arose from the police policing. No group was hunting out police to attack they merely reacted to policing. You may react differently on PnB due to what issue tugs at your heartstrings most but the point is obvious. 

I'm not sure I get your question. On this forum a lot of people hate Rangers and Rangers fans and are gleeful at what has occured, some people are sincere and are calling out behaviour they find abhorrent which is fair enough, especially if they are consistent with it. I don't think it was a big deal to draw many conclusion from like some of the more opportunistic vultures are. 

Call me thick but I have no idea what your point is. You’re using a lot of words to deflect and play down what is clearly indefensible behaviour. 

I have sympathy with some of the rangers fans on here at times because the judgement can be hyperbolic and fairly indiscriminate but tha last 24 hours on this thread has shown most of you up for how laughably willing you are to overlook the blindingly obvious.