Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Some people really can't help telling on themselves with this, including those liking the guys post.

Anti-racism is significantly more important than football tribalism lads. No need to show your arse over it.

Anti-racism/ anti-sectarianism, you’ll need to explain, I’m struggling over the difference. Think you’ll need to explain .

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Some people really can't help telling on themselves with this, including those liking the guys post.

Anti-racism is significantly more important than football tribalism lads. No need to show your arse over it.

Football tribalism? How does that work when your Neanderthal hordes come to our towns and abuse all and sundry shouting about religion?

11 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

who cares judge judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

Those who ask “but what about Rangers fans” after the recent incidents don’t realise how dismissive and damaging that is to players like Kamara and Roofe who have suffered the abuse.

It takes away their voice as they are somehow led to believe that they cannot condemn racism as other fans feel it is hypocritical to highlight it.

By asking “what about Rangers fans” the focus shifts away from the players as the perceived victims and somehow ends up with them being associated with the guilty party.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

By asking “what about Rangers fans” the focus shifts away from the players as the perceived victims and somehow ends up with them being associated with the guilty party.

Can see what you are saying, but maybe a good time to take stock of how your lot behave in society by singling people out for religion and to be fair, behaving like utter animals. 

Edited by red23

He has 2 good points, Gerrard’s defence of only Patterson is embarrassing and the time to deal with it is pretty poor but usual this season. Look at the killie/st Mirren punishment and appeals.

10 hours ago, AJF said:

There is a tannoy message played before every home game at Ibrox stating any form of prejudice, including bigotry, is unacceptable.

They have released multiple statements outlining unacceptable fan behaviour around bigotry and sectarianism and have also in recent years launched the Everyone, Anyone campaign aimed at improving diversity and inclusion.

Actually, I understand and support this viewpoint - its difficult to blame the club itself when there are multiple messages like these issued.

Not a lot different from Hibs saying "dont throw objects" then some zoomer does it anyway.

However...............there is still a disconnect at some level within Rangers. 

As @Empty Itnotes above, your marketing department has produced that orange strip which was a totally tone deaf move and  -like it or not - was lapped up by the lunatic fringe as some validation of the historically sectarian nature of Rangers.

I dont know if it has happened already, but perhaps the Everyone, Anyone campaign should specifically call out the anti catholic fringe?

Perception is everything - and if the general public still believes that Rangers are paying lip service to another type of bigotry, then a "black out" to support anti racism will be looked on as a joke.

37 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Actually, I understand and support this viewpoint - its difficult to blame the club itself when there are multiple messages like these issued.

Not a lot different from Hibs saying "dont throw objects" then some zoomer does it anyway.

However...............there is still a disconnect at some level within Rangers. 

As @Empty Itnotes above, your marketing department has produced that orange strip which was a totally tone deaf move and  -like it or not - was lapped up by the lunatic fringe as some validation of the historically sectarian nature of Rangers.

I dont know if it has happened already, but perhaps the Everyone, Anyone campaign should specifically call out the anti catholic fringe?

Perception is everything - and if the general public still believes that Rangers are paying lip service to another type of bigotry, then a "black out" to support anti racism will be looked on as a joke.

I didn't wade into this last night as it's not a great look as Kamara deserves his case to be dealt with in isolation and with the seriousness it deserves.

However....if UEFA shite it from taking serious action on this then I doubt many will accept that it's fine because UEFA have a #equalgame campaign and they put sponsor boards up decrying racism. It's rightly not viewed as substantial action.

15 minutes ago, G51 said:

The struggle for black players to be heard over the endless waves of "Aye, but Rangers" is... not a good look for this forum, IMO!

Not sure who thats pointed at - however, if you genuinely think that my post this morning were merely this - then I will remove my post no problem.

Just let me know.

The forum has been virtually universally supportive of Kamara and other on this issue.

It may be poor timing to voice it but the fact that some see a hint of irony in Rangers as a club taking such a moral stance shouldn't be surprising.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The forum has been virtually universally supportive of Kamara and other on this issue.

It may be poor timing to voice it but the fact that some see a hint of irony in Rangers as a club taking such a moral stance shouldn't be surprising.

It has mainly been supportive on the issue, but not universally. I think someone even got a ban for not letting it lie in the Rangers European thread.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

He has got a point in that it has taken far too long to sort this out. The case should have been heard a day or two after the appeal went in. But it’s the usual “them an’ them” scenario. Why doesn’t Kennedy just get on with looking after what he’s supposed to look after at Celtic and let other clubs get on with their own business. Would John Kennedy have come out with this stuff if it was Kilmarnock players?

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He has got a point in that it has taken far too long to sort this out. The case should have been heard a day or two after the appeal went in. But it’s the usual “them an’ them” scenario. Why doesn’t Kennedy just get on with looking after what he’s supposed to look after at Celtic and let other clubs get on with their own business. Would John Kennedy have come out with this stuff if it was Kilmarnock players?

I would've just accepted the ban for them as they did break the rules but Kennedy's reaction to a few youth and fringe players being able to play has been amusing. 

He's playing to the gallery here but the sfa do seem to have discrepancies in how cases are dealt with.