Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

23 points clear with 3 games more played. 

I will be formally declaring Rangers as unofficial league champions either tonight or tomorrow.

The fat lady must be warming up with a few notes by now.
Scott Brown’s reckless sending off on Wednesday night pretty much summed up what remains of Celtic’s league challenge; an ugly defiance, nothing more. The remnants of any title hopes are palpably forlorn, they have given up.
After a noticeable dip recently, an assured display by Rangers this afternoon, also a timely confidence boost for Wednesday’s tricky visit to Easter Road. An eventful trip in recent years!
With key players returning however (Ryan Jack was straight back into the mix this afternoon), it’s difficult to see Rangers doing anything but pressing on from here now.

3 hours ago, G51 said:

23 points clear with 3 games more played. 

I will be formally declaring Rangers as unofficial league champions either tonight or tomorrow.

Nah.  I'd leave it until after Wed's trip to E'burgh and, more particularly, when Celtic drop points again.

Edit.  This is the first time I have seen Tam Culshaw relaxed and happy during a game rather than looking for a square go - so maybe @G51is right:

Edited by The_Kincardine

COMUNICADO OFICIAL - 23/01/2021

It's time, folks.

I am delighted to confirm that I am unofficially declaring Glasgow Rangers as the 2020/21 SPFL Premiership Champions.

That's right. It's done. The journey is over. The nightmares are finished. The Banter Years are history.

Mr King's infamous "house of cards" prophecy has come true. James Tavernier, Alfredo Morelos, Connor Goldson and all the lads - you are The Peoples Champions. The players, the backroom staff, the football department - all of you. You will go down in Rangers history forever, as the side who slayed a decades worth of demons and turned what was supposed to be a Celtic procession into a Rangers one. You will be immortalised.

The boffins with their calculators may tell you it's not over mathematically, and Celtic could come back yet, but I am here to tell you that this league championship is OVER. It is DONE. There is NO WAY BACK for Celtic.

Now some of you might be saying, this is incredibly arrogant, nothing is won yet! The boffins are right! Who are you to say this league is over?

Well, I am a gambling man. And I am willing to stake my entire Pie and Bovril reputation on this declaration. I'm that sure of it.

Should Celtic come back and win it from here, I will return for one night only to face the music, before retiring from the site FOREVER in disgrace. No second accounts, no nothing. I will fully accept the consequences for calling it wrong, and exile myself forever.

The Steven Gerrard Express has (unofficially) reached it's destination. The good news is it does not terminate at this stop, baby.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you - The jabroni beating, Celtic defeating, trail-blazin', COVID-evadin', all around, smack it down People's Champs, Glasgow Rangers!

EsNvNFzXUAcpeNE?format=jpg&name=900x900

Ach well it looks like you lads are gonna win the league, thank goodness for that. I say that out of no affection for RFC, I'm just delighted I won't have to listen to this 10 in a row pish for at least 10 years. As someone who will very shortly enter his 7th decade Im hoping it's the last I'll ever hear of it with any luck.

2 hours ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Ach well it looks like you lads are gonna win the league, thank goodness for that. I say that out of no affection for RFC, I'm just delighted I won't have to listen to this 10 in a row pish for at least 10 years. As someone who will very shortly enter his 7th decade Im hoping it's the last I'll ever hear of it with any luck.

Age is no barrier to gloating, young Scotty.  This had me laughing like a drain:

Edited by The_Kincardine

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Our 4th goal yesterday.  Lovely build up.

That build up from the back was pretty good. Under Gerrard we are quite good at prodding  the ball these days. Should please my old dad, he always told me to support a good proddy team, I am sure this is what he had in mind. 

Kai Kennedy on loan at Raith Rovers making a couple of experienced defenders look like mugs,  if he keeps this form up then he should be due a chance next season.  Got to be an improvement on Barker and Stewart.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Kai Kennedy on loan at Raith Rovers making a couple of experienced defenders look like mugs,  if he keeps this form up then he should be due a chance next season.  Got to be an improvement on Barker and Stewart.

Michael Smith is probably one of the top four or five right backs in Scotland, and Kennedy made him look like a bitch.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

The record and sun claiming that we've signed Scott Wright on a pre contract. 

Interested to know the thinking behind this one.

Big ask just to keep him fit, above anything else.