Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

20 hours ago, TrebleTwenty said:

I agree, we should have focused on how we get though this virus with minimal damage to our game & clubs. But the circus down govan way was never going to let that happen at any cost, while they thought they could still stop 9. If we think this is a meltdown, just wait till 10, whenever the new season starts, that’s if this new outfit survive. 

especially if the **** start with a 15 point deduction due to bringing the game into disrepute🤣

Go on Liewell do it😎

Edited by Insaintee

38 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

It wasn't funny the first 4 or 5 times you cracked this one Vicky...get some new material ffs...

Another lovely morning my learned friend, anything interesting planned?

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

I said new material ffs Vicky... that's the same old nonsense, you need to up your game, you're becoming predictable, repetitive and boring... 

13 hours ago, Green Day said:

I see Douglas Park has offered to pay for an independent enquiry from his own pocket.

Doesnt that mean its then not really "independent", or am I just being a daft pape?

A promise to pay from Rangers, call me cynical but I'm not sure I'd  be rushing to take up that offer.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

A promise to pay from Rangers, call me cynical but I'm not sure I'd  be rushing to take up that offer.

As long as they're explicitly named in the contract with the independent investigators.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

My Learned Friend Used by a barrister or solicitor in court to address or refer to another barrister or solicitor.

^^^ Douglas Parks legal counsel found ^^^

Edited by C4mmy31

On 09/05/2020 at 08:56, cyderspaceman said:

Continuity League Of Tory Scotland.   

I like that - but it's maybe a bit ambitious.

With Partick being part of the Coalition of the Just will we be seeing 50/50 Rangers/PT scarves in Maryhill next year?

On 09/05/2020 at 13:45, TrebleTwenty said:

I agree, we should have focused on how we get though this virus with minimal damage to our game & clubs. But the circus down govan way was never going to let that happen at any cost, while they thought they could still stop 9. If we think this is a meltdown, just wait till 10, whenever the new season starts, that’s if this new outfit survive. 

I just had a read at ICT's Carlsberg Statement and this para stood out:

We believe that serious questions remain over the actions of the MD of one club during the now infamous vote on April 10th and what happened between the submission of their legally binding ‘No’ vote before the fake 5pm deadline and 5 days later when they became the only club out of 42 to have “negotiations” with the CEO and Chairman of the SPFL and with “big hitters” or persons unknown, before being allowed to vote for a second time. This time to carry the SPFL Board’s resolution with a Yes vote. A genuinely independent investigation is the only possible route to try and uncover what happened and it may or may not reveal the reasoning behind their apparently contradictory statements since then.

Now given that and also that your club's chairman was embarrassingly exposed by the SPFL Exec and was inveigled in to the manipulated ballot process, how can you post about this being about Rangers?  It isn't.  We have a league organisation whose execs have behaved reprehensibly and should be called to account.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I like that - but it's maybe a bit ambitious.

With Partick being part of the Coalition of the Just will we be seeing 50/50 Rangers/PT scarves in Maryhill next year?

I just had a read at ICT's Carlsberg Statement and this para stood out:

We believe that serious questions remain over the actions of the MD of one club during the now infamous vote on April 10th and what happened between the submission of their legally binding ‘No’ vote before the fake 5pm deadline and 5 days later when they became the only club out of 42 to have “negotiations” with the CEO and Chairman of the SPFL and with “big hitters” or persons unknown, before being allowed to vote for a second time. This time to carry the SPFL Board’s resolution with a Yes vote. A genuinely independent investigation is the only possible route to try and uncover what happened and it may or may not reveal the reasoning behind their apparently contradictory statements since then.

Now given that and also that your club's chairman was embarrassingly exposed by the SPFL Exec and was inveigled in to the manipulated ballot process, how can you post about this being about Rangers?  It isn't.  We have a league organisation whose execs have behaved reprehensibly and should be called to account.

Dundee are under no obligation to explain why they changed their minds.  All we have are some clubs saying that they think something dodgy might have happened and they want the SPFL to pay for an inquiry to satisfy their curiosity.

Just now, The DA said:

Dundee are under no obligation to explain why they changed their minds.  All we have are some clubs saying that they think something dodgy might have happened and they want the SPFL to pay for an inquiry to satisfy their curiosity.

I know that John Unicorns and Rainbows Nelms was played like a fiddle so I can understand why he may well be embarrassed by this whole process and will keep his gob shut.

However, the question is not what 'big hitter glamour' he was fooled by but the process of his vote being rescinded in the first place.  Interesting to listen to an experienced lawyer such Hearts' Les Deans on Sportsound yesterday scoff at this and call the change of a legally cast vote in to question.  Same with Partick's QC in his analysis a couple of weeks ago.

The SPFL botched the vote in the most egregious fashion so, of course, it has to be reviewed.

I know that John Unicorns and Rainbows Nelms was played like a fiddle so I can understand why he may well be embarrassed by this whole process and will keep his gob shut.
However, the question is not what 'big hitter glamour' he was fooled by but the process of his vote being rescinded in the first place.  Interesting to listen to an experienced lawyer such Hearts' Les Deans on Sportsound yesterday scoff at this and call the change of a legally cast vote in to question.  Same with Partick's QC in his analysis a couple of weeks ago.
The SPFL botched the vote in the most egregious fashion so, of course, it has to be reviewed.
What rules were broken?