Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sevco won’t be able to challenge Celtic so we really need a Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen etc to step up and challenge which won’t be easy.

The way it’s going, never mind 10 iar, I can see Celtic getting 20 iar and no matter what anyone thinks, that’s not healthy for our game which is already utterly dominated by one team.

I can’t see Celtic’s dominance ending any time soon either.

Ourselves, Hearts and Hibs can't challenge unless Celtic regress significantly tbh. 

In 2015/16 we won 65% of games (pre split, after celtic confirmed title we chucked it), including 2 wins over Celtic, when Celtic were at their worst for a generation. And we still could only get within touching distance.

It's incredibly difficult over 38 games to compete with them, never mind actually overtake them, unless they implode.

On 11/02/2020 at 19:20, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

Dear me. He's back! What happened to the K who posted the reasoned, mature response to the point-scoring nonsense that has permeated this thread and its shorter brother?
So your children will never utter a bigoted or racist word? Well, bully for you! I wish I had the same confidence in my own parenting.
I, however, probably like most parents, endeavour to raise my children in a home where it is clear that we deplore bigotry, racism, violence etc. Does that mean that I can guarantee that such language will never cross their lips? I think not. Much as it sickens me, I have to accept that they may say something awful to another child at school, or shout something stupid at a fitba match.
Can you maybe give parents a break here, or are you incapable of spouting anything other than Daily Mail notions of right and wrong?
Young people say and do terrible things. This neither, necessarily, defines them or their parents.
Back off. You have moved from your usual point- scoring Rangers/Celtic agenda to a simplistic political one. I see what you're up to and deplore it.

Give parents a break?  Are you kidding?  Of course I know that teenagers aren't sponges and can surprise you in good ways and disappoint you in ways you'd not have expected.  BUT if my 12 yo goes to a football game and shouts racist abuse then I have to bear some responsibility for that and look at how (s)he has been raised.

There is nothing Daily Mail about it.  Weans are not raised in vacuo and there's a hefty overlap between the behaviour you exhibit as a 12 year old an the environment in which you were raised.

There is absolutely nothing controversial in what I said.

With no real challenge from Rangers in the foreseeable future, one would hope the bigot hordes at Celtic Park will get bored and leave the 10-20k (if that) genuine supporters to attend matches. 

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Give parents a break?  Are you kidding?  Of course I know that teenagers aren't sponges and can surprise you in good ways and disappoint you in ways you'd not have expected.  BUT if my 12 yo goes to a football game and shouts racist abuse then I have to bear some responsibility for that and look at how (s)he has been raised.

There is nothing Daily Mail about it.  Weans are not raised in vacuo and there's a hefty overlap between the behaviour you exhibit as a 12 year old an the environment in which you were raised.

Not sure one as staunch as yourself should be using Latin so frivolously.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ourselves, Hearts and Hibs can't challenge unless Celtic regress significantly tbh. 

In 2015/16 we won 65% of games (pre split, after celtic confirmed title we chucked it), including 2 wins over Celtic, when Celtic were at their worst for a generation. And we still could only get within touching distance.

It's incredibly difficult over 38 games to compete with them, never mind actually overtake them, unless they implode.

Hearts certainly can't

17 minutes ago, nsr said:

With no real challenge from Rangers in the foreseeable future, one would hope the bigot hordes at Celtic Park will get bored and leave the 10-20k (if that) genuine supporters to attend matches. 

There was a good post earlier (maybe another thread) that (to paraphrase) said that it'll get to a point whereby Celtic fans will try to brag and absolutely nobody will care.  Every win will eventually become empty and folk (especially the glory hunters from Fife, Edinburgh etc) won't see the point of travelling through for it.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

1) break the bank

What do you think they tried this Summer?

If you include clauses that are reported to be getting paid in installments, their net transfer spend under Gerrard tickles £22m.

They lose £10m a season and are predicted to increase that by 50% by the end of this season.

What do you think they tried this Summer?
If you include clauses that are reported to be getting paid in installments, their net transfer spend under Gerrard tickles £22m.
They lose £10m a season and are predicted to increase that by 50% by the end of this season.

The fans will step up and bail them out should the need arise.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

There was a great deal of simplistic ignorance in what you said.

Big Chief knows what he's talking about here.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Unfortunately I think you are right mate. I’m just thinking we could end up with a league that it’s only possible for one team to win which means it’s not a competition.

Its looking grim mate.

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Talk me through those bits...

Sure.

The bits that laid the blame entirely at the door of the parents of a young child who behaved badly, were simplistic, and betrayed a startling level of ignorance.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Sure.

The bits that laid the blame entirely at the door of the parents of a young child who behaved badly, were simplistic, and betrayed a startling level of ignorance.

Not interested in you and Kincardine’s argument but has their been any sort of apology issued from their parents or legal advisor on behalf of the child ??

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Sure.

I think I said that if you're 12 you are responsible AND your parents have egg on their face.