Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, Drew Brees said:

I didn’t see anything that warrants a foul, rangers got away with one there. Did livi write a letter??

Nope Martindale didn’t even mention it, accepted it as part of the game by looks of it. It doesn’t even feature in many of the match reports as an incident. 

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Ah this one. Wasn't the foul given against Nouble for wrapping his arms around Tavernier, preventing him from challenging for the ball (the ref actually points at them afterwards rather than the player perceived to have fouled Goldson as he has run past the ref at that point)? If it is given for a foul against Goldson then it's not a foul in my opinion. If it is given against Nouble, then it is a foul in my opinion.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Ah this one. Wasn't the foul given against Nouble for wrapping his arms around Tavernier  preventing him from challenging for the ball (the ref actually points at them afterwards rather than the player perceived to have fouled Goldson as he has run past the ref at that point)? If it is given for a foul against Goldson then it's not a foul in my opinion. If it is given against Nouble, then it is a foul in my opinion.

Even if you are giving the foul against Nouble it’s soft. You got away with one there but we all do now and then

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You got away with one there but we all do now and then

This will probably be the closest you'll come to admitting Clancy fucked it at the weekend so I suppose I should take it.

The last ref to give a pen v rangers in a league game, 49 games ago, was Clancy at pittodrie and they wrote a letter of complaint then, that one worked for them, we’ll see how this one does. 

Edited by Drew Brees

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

This will probably be the closest you'll come to admitting Clancy fucked it at the weekend so I suppose I should take it.

Fucked it? Absolutely not and if he had VAR would have told him to go look at it if it was clear and obvious that he fucked it.

Is it soft? Yes but I’ve always said that but for it to be soft there has to be some degree of fouling in the first instance which there was

Would it have surprised me if the goal was given? No but I’ll take it for the Goldson handball we didn’t get and consider karma restored 

Edited by Jinky67

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The last ref to give a pen v rangers, 49 games ago, was Clancy at pittodrie and they wrote a letter of complaint then, that one worked for them, we’ll see how this one does. 

We conceded a penalty, at Ibrox no less, only 9 games ago.

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

Surely Drew Brees isn't posting constantly about Rangers, especially after all he's previously said about others..

A Celtic fan commenting on an incident that happened in the weekends Celtic game, that’ll never catch on. 

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

An incident from the first game of the season, an incident from January and an incident from about 5 years ago. But it's actually not whataboutery.

It’s entirely relevant because you seem to want the benefit of every soft decision to go in your favour

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s entirely relevant because you seem to want the benefit of every soft decision to go in your favour

No, that's your interpretation of what I am saying. I am simply maintaining that I believe Clancy got his decision wrong at the weekend.

10 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

A Celtic fan commenting on an incident that happened in the weekends Celtic game, that’ll never catch on. 

Then you would post on the match thread, if we're playing by your rules.

I've got a shift starting soon, so I'll catch up on your Sevco/ing later.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Are you aware Celtic weren’t complaining about a ref or a decision? 

They were complaining about a perceived mistake, which is what Michael mentioned. Throw in the other ones I included, then aye, he missed a few it seems.