Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

11 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

So will Beale get that time. I get that there is still good will towards him as he's not been there a full season, but will he get the same slack if you don't win the league next year? Gerrard was on a bit of sticky wicket before Lennon's implosion and he was a big name. 

Also do you think Gerrard, Rio or Beale so far have made your squad stronger when they left (or today with Beale) than when they arrived? 

I think that a lot of these players are just the same old same old. 

It’s hard to say. There were concerns raised by fans regarding Beale’s appointment given his lack of experience. Our form since his appointment has seen those concerns dissipate somewhat however I think a sustained period of poor results would see them surface pretty quickly although I believe most will be happy to see him given a full pre-season and transfer window.

In terms of the second part, Gerrard absolutely left our squad better than he inherited it. His was a side that had just been dumped out of the Europa League by the 4th best Luxembourg side and finished third the season before he joined. He left us as unbeaten league champions and sitting 6 points ahead of Celtic at the time of his departure.

Gio’s recruitment was significantly worse, although he did have to contend with losing Aribo and Bassey who turned out to be 2 of our most influential players in the run to the Europa League final. But he didn’t replace them or recruit well enough.

Beale it’s far too early to say. He has brought in Cantwell and Raskin who definitely seem to have improved us. It will probably be more evident come September/October time when we evaluate how he has replaced players like Morelos, Kent and McGregor.

Edited by AJF

9 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

So will Beale get that time. I get that there is still good will towards him as he's not been there a full season, but will he get the same slack if you don't win the league next year? Gerrard was on a bit of sticky wicket before Lennon's implosion and he was a big name. 

Also do you think Gerrard, Rio or Beale so far have made your squad stronger when they left (or today with Beale) than when they arrived? 

I think that a lot of these players are just the same old same old. 

I thought Beale was very disrespectful when he said they're only two good teams in the league,that kind of comment will come back and bite him.
Even if they win the Scottish cup it's the same as last season if they don't it's regression.
If he keeps buying jobbers from the English leagues hes bang in trouble.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I thought Beale was very disrespectful when he said they're only two good teams in the league,that kind of comment will come back and bite him.
Even if they win the Scottish cup it's the same as last season if they don't it's regression.
If he keeps buying jobbers from the English leagues hes bang in trouble.

They haven't got any money to buy anyone but jobbers from the english league 

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If Beale only knows the English game that's his problem and his inexperience, can see a few more Barton's if that's the case.
Football is a global sport M8. 

Joe Hart, Matt O Riley, Carter Vickers and Aaron Mooy (via China) none of these guys were EPL standard when you got them.

What do you class as 'English jobbers'?

They want an apology. 😂

“A Rangers spokesperson said: “Firstly, Rangers condemns in the strongest terms any abuse of match officials. We are all passionate about our game, but targeted, personal abuse of referees cannot be tolerated.

“The club can confirm the Scottish FA has responded with regards to the disallowed Alfredo Morelos goal, with the response claiming the correct decision was taken. The club is astonished by this, especially given most observers, including former referees and former players, could see no issue with the goal standing.

“This comes following a weekend in England where PGMOL have offered an apology to Brighton and Hove Albion for the non-award of a penalty in their match with Tottenham Hotspur, alongside a pledge to review the incident.

“While an apology does not alter the outcome of a match, such responsibility and openness would be welcome in Scotland.

1481BCD5-6360-4C1C-AA84-0A346A7BEC39.jpeg

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The players you have mentioned are all internationalist M8 plus only one is English.

You said jobbers from the English leagues, not English.

Plus, Beale has only signed two players. 1 from England, one from Belgium.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:
They want an apology. 😂

1481BCD5-6360-4C1C-AA84-0A346A7BEC39.jpeg

Couldn’t mark their neck with a blowtorch. It wasn’t a clear and obvious error hence why VAR didn’t overturn in the exact same way it didn’t overturn Livis equaliser on Matchday 1 when Rangers and Goldson got “lucky” when Clancy was also officiating. We too had a similar goal ruled out by Clancy against Motherwell so obviously this is something he seems to penalise regularly and consistently.

Edited by Jinky67

The overwhelming consensus is it wasn't a foul. The fact we have Celtic fans referring to previous decisions made by Clancy they likely disagreed with tells you they don't think it was a foul either. That being said, I don't think the club should've written to the SFA.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

The overwhelming consensus is it wasn't a foul. The fact we have Celtic fans referring to previous decisions made by Clancy they likely disagreed with tells you they don't think it was a foul either. That being said, I don't think the club should've written to the SFA.

It was a foul, both were fouling but the ref saw Morelos push as enough to penalise him and give the free kick to Celtic, sometimes it goes for you sometimes it doesn’t.  The meltdown cause you didn’t get this one has been glorious. 

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

It was a foul, both were fouling but the ref saw Morelos push as enough to penalise him and give the free kick to Celtic, sometimes it goes for you sometimes it doesn’t.  The meltdown cause you didn’t get this one has been glorious. 

And I respectfully disagree

32 minutes ago, AJF said:

If that is your opinion then the reverse also has to be true in that you believe Livis equaliser should have stood and this is now a situation where a decision has balanced itself out? I mean it has to

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If that is your opinion then the reverse also has to be true in that you believe Livis equaliser should have stood and this is now a situation where a decision has balanced itself out? I mean it has to

If you'd provide me with footage of it I'll gladly give you my opinion. I was at said match so no benefit of replays.

Rangers* writing to the SFA seeking clarification has little to do with the Morelos incident per se and everything to do with the board trying to flex its muscles and pander to its mewling, entitled fans. Can you imagine if every club wrote to the governing body each time they felt a borderline decision went against them? They truly are a parody of the original club, which itself must be turning in its grave.

As for their hilarious request for transparency, how about full transparency of the secretive five way agreement that saw the powers that be pretend that a cheating club had survived liquidation and that there was no appetite for raking over old coals concerning restitution and punishment for that decade-long industrial scale cheating?

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

1 hour ago, AJF said:

And I respectfully disagree

You don’t see a push in this??

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

You don’t see a push in this??

I don't see anything that warrants a foul. Johnstone's movement is more to do with the fact he tried and failed to header the ball than any perceived foul for pushing. Using the full clip would show that's why Johnstone throws himself forward (to try and header the ball) and not because of a push.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The players you have mentioned are all internationalist M8 plus only one is English.

I didn't mention their ability, I think they are all good players that have excelled in the SPFL. Knowledge of the English market would get you these types of players and you have used this market probably more than any other.

I asked your definition of an English jobber, you avoided answering that and instead pointed out they were international players which implied I thought these guys were not good.