Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

If it's true I wouldn't be against it, we could do with more Scottish players for Europe and he can score goals. 

Though Hearts would probably want a few million.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

If it's true I wouldn't be against it, we could do with more Scottish players for Europe and he can score goals. 

Though Hearts would probably want a few million.

Bring them all home Halliday,McKay with Soutter, Shankland will fit right in.
Big team found zippy.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

25 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

So when/if The **** punt you out the cup and win/draw at Ibrox. What's the plan with Beale? Stick or twist

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

Stick obviously.

Yep, he will be here for next. Gradual improvements have been made since his arrival with only a single transfer window under his belt. He is hinting that he will have a bit to spend too so it’ll be interesting to see how he does with a summer pre-season/transfer window.

I'm only asking because it's clear the Beale is a decent manager but not as good as Ange or as well financed. He inherited an underperforming team and got it performing at a higher level, but one that for all the "we're closer," stuff is never going to be as good as the current Celtic side. It's the same question with the players, Tav, Goldston, Morelos, Kent, Kamara, Jack, Barasic, Tillman. Decent pros but would any of them get in the **** side? Same question stick or twist, and can Beale do to that squad what Ange did to the ****?

21 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

I'm only asking because it's clear the Beale is a decent manager but not as good as Ange or as well financed. He inherited an underperforming team and got it performing at a higher level, but one that for all the "we're closer," stuff is never going to be as good as the current Celtic side. It's the same question with the players, Tav, Goldston, Morelos, Kent, Kamara, Jack, Barasic, Tillman. Decent pros but would any of them get in the **** side? Same question stick or twist, and can Beale do to that squad what Ange did to the ****?

Genuinely wouldn’t  have a single player of theirs in our starting 11. He may be a decent manager/coach but he has a massive rebuild on his hands and on a budget which will reflect yet another set of financials that show a 3 million loss so it will be less than Celtics and i highly doubt we will stand still in that department either. 

He also needs to bin Kent, Morelos etc for the guys that actually will be there next year. 

22 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

While he is hinting at having some money to spend, no manager at Rangers will be able to do what Ange done at Celtic unless we are backed to a similar financial level in the transfer market which just isn’t going to happen. So it’s really at a stage where he will need to make gradual improvements.

The main obstacle remains the fixtures against Celtic. I think Beale has a style that could be effective against them, so with a few shrewd additions then we can see where we go. 

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

While he is hinting at having some money to spend, no manager at Rangers will be able to do what Ange done at Celtic unless we are backed to a similar financial level in the transfer market which just isn’t going to happen. So it’s really at a stage where he will need to make gradual improvements.

The main obstacle remains the fixtures against Celtic. I think Beale has a style that could be effective against them, so with a few shrewd additions then we can see where we go. 

I don't think it's just about money. Lennon spent as much on shite player like the big Orish center half bought in for the crack.  Ange gutted that team and managed to get almost every player in right. And clearly brought in some fabulous players. That's a huge ask for Beale to replicate. If your genuinely saying the **** are almost there and just need a wee tweek, to find a Kyogo or a Mooy then I think your wrong. Yes the **** are closer but still well behind and I don't think that squad has anything more to give. The **** clearly do. And Ange seems keen to make them better

4 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

I don't think it's just about money. Lennon spent as much on shite player like the big Orish center half bought in for the crack.  Ange gutted that team and managed to get almost every player in right. And clearly brought in some fabulous players. That's a huge ask for Beale to replicate. If your genuinely saying the **** are almost there and just need a wee tweek, to find a Kyogo or a Mooy then I think your wrong. Yes the **** are closer but still well behind and I don't think that squad has anything more to give. The **** clearly do. And Ange seems keen to make them better

Without a doubt. You need a scouting system and manager in place that will be able to sign well consistently. With only 1 transfer window and 2 signings made it’s too early to say whether Beale can do that.

But that’s also easier to do when you can spend more than your city rivals so it’s not going to be as instant in our case, is what I’m getting at. It’ll be a more gradual process if at all.

I also agree there is clearly a gap between the sides. I also never said we are almost there or need simply a tweak. I believe we will need to make a few additions that are all successful, but I do think Beale has a style of play that can be effective against them if we get it right.

I don't think that we'll see a huge spending splurge next season, I just don't think that the money is there.  This season was a bit of a nightmare with constant injuries (especially in defence) and players playing while nowhere near 100%.

The champions league humpings imo shook the confidence of a lot players,  as well Gios confusing tactics and a surprising lack of fitness.  

Fitba is never black and white, celtic have scraped through a lot of games by the skin of their teeth but they've built up a confidence that they will win games.  

Probably second again next season and I know that there's more money in the CL but we're just cannon fodder in that league,  part of me wouldn't mind dropping into the europa again and hopefully another good run.

So will Beale get that time. I get that there is still good will towards him as he's not been there a full season, but will he get the same slack if you don't win the league next year? Gerrard was on a bit of sticky wicket before Lennon's implosion and he was a big name. 

Also do you think Gerrard, Rio or Beale so far have made your squad stronger when they left (or today with Beale) than when they arrived? 

I think that a lot of these players are just the same old same old.