Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

With both Lawrence and Roofe being confirmed as ruled out for the season, is this the worst we've ever been hit injury wise? There needs to be some questions asked around our medical/training/rehab procedures given the amount in my opinion.

Having a look at the stats, it is not pretty reading at all over the season.

Helander: 58 matches missed (started last season)

Souttar: 43 matches 

Hagi: 36 matches

Lawrence: 35 matches 

Roofe: 35 matches

Ridvan: 22 matches 

Davis: 22 matches 

Matondo: 16 matches

Goldson: 10 matches

Kamara: 10 matches

Jack: 9 matches

Seems ridiculously high, so what is going on? And that's with me not really including 1-2 match absences for some.

Edited by AJF

34 minutes ago, AJF said:

With both Lawrence and Roofe being confirmed as ruled out for the season, is this the worst we've ever been hit injury wise? There needs to be some questions asked around our medical/training/rehab procedures given the amount in my opinion.

Seems ridiculously high, so what is going on? And that's with me not really including 1-2 match absences for some.

All you need is a keeper and that team would probably win most weeks! 

On 08/03/2023 at 13:58, The_Kincardine said:

What a man Super is:

It was good to see Ally win this thoroughly deserved. I listen to him most mornings on TalkSPORT and he’s brilliant, a brilliant pundit and genuinely decent person and it’s hard not to like him.

Tells a great story very much like Bertie Auld used to.

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It was good to see Ally win this thoroughly deserved. I listen to him most mornings on TalkSPORT and he’s brilliant, a brilliant pundit and genuinely decent person and it’s hard not to like him.

Magisterial levels of posting from you, JinkyBhoy.  You're positioning yourself as the adult figure of The Cheeks.  Someone has to!

Have a Charles!

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did you not turn down €8m from them last summer ? Great business by your board if true 😂.

It’s hard to tell. Every time reports came out that a bid had been received we were told by everyone else that nobody had bid for him and it was made up pish 😂

6 hours ago, AJF said:

TBF, from memory, were Souttar, Lawrence, and Roofe not absolute sicknotes before they signed?

Hagi was just bad luck really, while Davis is just getting old. 9 games is probably decent for Jack.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF, from memory, were Souttar, Lawrence, and Roofe not absolute sicknotes before they signed?

Hagi was just bad luck really, while Davis is just getting old. 9 games is probably decent for Jack.

Roofe and Souttar aye. Lawrence I’m not so sure. I think he had one bad injury before hand but not sure he has been perpetually injured like some others.

5 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Met Super Ally once when he was buying a tumble dryer. I was buying one too and thought he was lifting mine when the lad brought it through from the storeroom. 

Ended up helping him into his van with it.

Met Bertie Auld once too. What a funny guy and what a story teller. Should have been on stage with the patter. 

Not as funny as Billy McNeill. Met him with Danny McGrain when I was a student. McGrain was my hero when I was a boy, I was a fullback and wanted to play like him. Nae chance of that. 😂

Billy was in WH Smiths for a book signing but I was wanting Danny McGrains autograph. Made the mistake of saying I was a Rangers supporter, which was why I wasn't buying the book and ended up getting slaughtered by Billy McNeill. 

He was hilarious, for everyone else, but I got both their autographs and have them tucked away next to my Rangers players from the same era. 

Brilliant players, hard men and genuinely nice guys. 

My overall positive opinion of Ally McCoist as a cheeky chappie, good-humoured scamp and all-round decent human being is tempered by the memory of his blatant, ill-considered, and borderline criminal dog-whistling back in 2012 when he demanded to know "who are these people?" of an anonymous disciplinary panel which had the sheer audacity to impose an appropriate sanction on Scotland's newest club for probably the only time in its short existence.

He would also insist that "we'll be having no title-stripping," as if the offender gets to decide whether he is guilty and then choose the extent of any punishment. 

11 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did you not turn down €8m from them last summer ? Great business by your board if true 😂.

When they said he go for Dembele dollars I didn’t realise they meant Karamoko. 

15 hours ago, AJF said:

It’s hard to tell. Every time reports came out that a bid had been received we were told by everyone else that nobody had bid for him and it was made up pish 😂

For the most part it was made up pish, so you can forgive people for getting one wrong.

20 hours ago, stressball said:

For the most part it was made up pish, so you can forgive people for getting one wrong.

Which kind of leads me back to the point I was making, in that folk are now going to accept a bid was received (even though they may have denied it before) just so they can bash us for not cashing in

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Which kind of leads me back to the point I was making, in that folk are now going to accept a bid was received (even though they may have denied it before) just so they can bash us for not cashing in

You will get bashed for not cashing in irrespective as it’s another example of really bad financial management from Rangers.

Your cumulative losses since 2012 is around 110 million and your club continues to fumble their way around. It’s madness

36 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You will get bashed for not cashing in irrespective as it’s another example of really bad financial management from Rangers.

Your cumulative losses since 2012 is around 110 million and your club continues to fumble their way around. It’s madness

Way to go for missing the point.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Way to go for missing the point.

I thought you made a fair point. But it is likely that at one point in time you received a bid that in hindsight you’d probably wish they accepted. 

If I was running rangers, I’d be moving on from Morelos. Guy is a good player but takes the piss with his selecting when he decided to be fit or make effort. 

But then again if I was running rangers I’d probably be too busy asset stripping and preparing for liquidation to care.