Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

They have done well getting the outlets to report more about ‘operating profit’ rather the actual loss they have made

Aye it’s a great spin instead of saying 0.6M loss.

Anything to draw less attention from the eyes of FFP after their warning. 

20 minutes ago, stressball said:

Aye it’s a great spin instead of saying 0.6M loss.

Anything to draw less attention from the eyes of FFP after their warning. 

I’m genuinely amazed at their figures considering the level of spin applied to how much income their run to the Europa League final would bring in.

The answer is clearly not enough and explains in some part their inability to invest more heavily in their squad. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

I’m genuinely amazed at their figures considering the level of spin applied to how much income their run to the Europa League final would bring in.

The answer is clearly not enough and explains in some part their inability to invest more heavily in their squad. 

Level of spin? It brought in an excess of £30m and contributed to a record turnover for us.

I’d argue the £14m director loan repayments and £6m litigation costs had more to do with us not investing in the squad than the EL run.

16 hours ago, bennett said:

A lot of calls now for Gio to go, if this is right it'll be costly. 

It’s worth the cost at the moment. We have been stumbling from game to game and we need a fresh approach. You’d maybe feel like it’s worth sticking it out if we were showing signs of playing well but we playing poorly and dropping points so it’s a no brainer.

Our injuries have been terrible this season, I think he's got to get a bit of leeway for that but with the world cup coming up this would be the sensible time to bring in someone new and get them settled. 

It looks he's lost a good part of the dressing room.

36 minutes ago, bennett said:

Our injuries have been terrible this season, I think he's got to get a bit of leeway for that but with the world cup coming up this would be the sensible time to bring in someone new and get them settled. 

It looks he's lost a good part of the dressing room.

Yeah, but the part he's lost is the part that should be leaving anyway.  He's been in less than year had success and not been backed by the board. You would expect investment in a team that made it to the EL final. Instead, the team was asset stripped and a squad not good enough to compete with Celtic is the result. 

57 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Hearts thread for this pish.

Gregg-Wallace-LTMYS-hero-1434.jpg

35 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Yeah, but the part he's lost is the part that should be leaving anyway.  He's been in less than year had success and not been backed by the board. You would expect investment in a team that made it to the EL final. Instead, the team was asset stripped and a squad not good enough to compete with Celtic is the result. 

I don't see how you can say that he's not been backed, we must've spent a minimum of £10m on players. How much of our signings was down to Gio or Ross Wilson is something I'm not sure about, which is one of the reasons why I'm hesitant to call for him to go.

We're on a UEFA fair play watchlist which can't be avoided. 

Aribo wanted to leave and could have signed a Bosman. A reported £20m for Bassey was never going to be turned down, hardly asset stripping.

He'll play 2 or 3 games then get crooked again. 

Fil Helander has slammed internet rumours that his career is on the line and insists he can be back playing for Rangers in the early part of next year.

The Swedish superstar has been out of action since April when he suffered a foot injury in a 4-0 win over St Mirren in Paisley. It didn’t seem that serious at the time but Helander has not been able to play since. It came after the former Bologna centre back had spent five months out of action after requiring knee surgery having scored the winner in the first Old Firm clash of the season in August last year.

Stories have been spread that the nature of the injury was so complicated that there were fears medical staff would never get to the bottom of it and the career of the 29-year-old star was in jeopardy.

However, Scottish Express Sport can reveal that Helander has had successful surgery on the bone issue and is confident that he will make a complete recovery and will play for Rangers by February or March

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

Rumour mill has it Gio will be leaving tomorrow. Good time to do it although still coming a bit too late.

Around £5m, if that figure is correct, in compensation is horrendous money management.

Ross Wilson or whoever not doing due diligence and ensuring Van Gastel was available and coming with GVB is both criminal and hilarious in its amateurism at the same time.

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Around £5m, if that figure is correct, in compensation is horrendous money management.

Ross Wilson or whoever not doing due diligence and ensuring Van Gastel was available and coming with GVB is both criminal and hilarious in its amateurism at the same time.

I’d be surprised if it’s as high as that, but aye, it’ll be a costly decision to make but ultimately the right one in my opinion.