Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

So no further signings have nothing to do with FFP compliance?

You can clearly see that I posted what I did before any report of FFP compliance rumours were being thrown around. Don’t come on AFTER the reports and try and make it seem like you knew all along any lack of signings had anything to do with FFP 😂

Edited by AJF

8 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

It's not a rumour.  British BC are running the story on their English Football page, it's not yet reached the Jock Fitba pages yet.

Rumour or report, my point remains that I made my initial comments before it all came out. Then our friend Jinky came along after the reports were out to make it seem like he knew the real reason all along 😂

11 hours ago, AJF said:

You can clearly see that I posted what I did before any report of FFP compliance rumours were being thrown around. Don’t come on AFTER the reports and try and make it seem like you knew all along any lack of signings had anything to do with FFP 😂

I am not making it seem like i know anything hence why i asked the question of you to enlighten me after reading it on twitter. By the time this came out i thought you may be itk, guess not.

1 more thing

smug top gear GIF

Have a great weekend

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Have any of the P&B Bears managed to get CL tickets? There's a boy in our office who paid £50 to the club to have access to a pre-sale today, which it turns out had no tickets available.

Bit awkward...

Did I f**k.  Sat trying from 10am when the MyGers window opened, only for the club to hide away a statement on the website at lunchtime saying "oops, sorry there's none left, lolz, thanks for your continued support, suckers"

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

I don't think there has been any point in my lifetime when Rangers hasn't been run by complete and utter charlatans, and the fans more or less let them get away with it every time as long as they chuck out a wee pithy statement about Celtic or the SFA every three months or so.

Fucking hell :lol:

ETA:

Due to an unprecedented level of uptake from season ticket holders and a designated allocation to UEFA, plus UEFA segregation, away allocation and red zone requirements beyond our control, all remaining three-match bundles have now been sold.

You'd have thought they would have known the requirements before 10am today...

Edited by Mark Connolly

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Have any of the P&B Bears managed to get CL tickets? There's a boy in our office who paid £50 to the club to have access to a pre-sale today, which it turns out had no tickets available.

Bit awkward...

As shite as it is he never got any tickets, the way this is framed is a bit misleading as some kind of money grab exercise for the Champions League games.

There were specific sales windows for ticket purchases. Season Ticket holders had until the 4th to purchase their 3 match package and then any remaining tickets would go out to MyGers members first and then general sale this morning. This is standard for all matches not included in your season ticket allocation.

I'm assuming the £50 he paid was to get a MyGers membership, hoping he'd get first dibs on any remaining tickets - there was no specific or separate Champions League pre-sale scheme. It's just unfortunate that there doesn't appear to be any remaining tickets to be sold on this occasion. They've said that is due to UEFA delegation, segregation, away allocations and red zones.

MyGers itself, on the other hand, can be argued to be a money grab exercise, but this has been in operation for 2/3 seasons now and nothing changed or was introduced differently for this Champions League package sale.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I'm assuming the £50 he paid was to get a MyGers membership, hoping he'd get first dibs on any remaining tickets - there was no specific or separate Champions League pre-sale scheme. It's just unfortunate that there doesn't appear to be any remaining tickets to be sold on this occasion. They've said that is due to UEFA delegation, segregation, away allocations and red zones.

How many season ticket holders do we have?  42,000? 43,000?  I'm calling absolute bullshit that every ST holder has taken up their seat and the remaining 7 or 8,000 seats are conveniently the amount that need to go to away fans and UEFA.

The fans have been taken for mugs.  Again. 

1 minute ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

How many season ticket holders do we have?  42,000? 43,000?  I'm calling absolute bullshit that every ST holder has taken up their seat and the remaining 7 or 8,000 seats are conveniently the amount that need to go to away fans and UEFA.

The fans have been taken for mugs.  Again. 

I'm sure we've got 45,000 season ticket holders as this was the confirmed number the season we reduced Celtic's away allocation and we sold out again this season. You then have to give a minimum of 5% of the capacity for away fans so that's 2,500 leaving up to 2,500 remaining tickets. Whether that amount is indeed taken up by the aforementioned UEFA delegates, segregation and red zones, I'm not sure, all I'm saying is that there was no separate £50 Champions League pre-sale scheme where fans were encouraged to sign up to in order to get CL tickets.

It's been this way for 2/3 seasons now that tickets are sold in priority order of CCCS subscribers > Season Ticket Holders > Seat Movers due to segregation etc > MyGers members > General Sale.

I'd agree fans would be taken for mugs if there was a specific CL pre-sale scheme introduced which they paid for and it turned out there were no tickets available, but nothing was done differently here.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm sure we've got 45,000 season ticket holders as this was the confirmed number the season we reduced Celtic's away allocation and we sold out again this season. You then have to give a minimum of 5% of the capacity for away fans so that's 2,500 leaving up to 2,500 remaining tickets. Whether that amount is indeed taken up by the aforementioned UEFA delegates, segregation and red zones, I'm not sure, all I'm saying is that there was no separate £50 Champions League pre-sale scheme where fans were encouraged to sign up to in order to get CL tickets.

It's been this way for 2/3 seasons now that tickets are sold in priority order of CCCS subscribers > Season Ticket Holders > Seat Movers due to segregation etc > MyGers members > General Sale.

I'd agree fans would be taken for mugs if there was a specific CL pre-sale scheme introduced which they paid for and it turned out there were no tickets available, but nothing was done differently here.

I've got a MyGers thing, and have done for the last 3 years I think.  I don't actually use it for very much, but I saw it as my way of putting some money into the club as I'm no longer a ST holder.  I buy a RTV subscription every year as well.

It's just very galling that when it comes to you actually trying to use it for one of the perceived benefits, access to remaining CL tickets before a general public sale in this case, that we were told there would be a sale at 10am this morning, only to find out via biscuit arsed, disingenuous statement a few hours later, that there was never any tickets going on sale.

I wouldn't be as upset if there was folk on social media saying that they actually managed to get a ticket this morning, at least that way everyone had a chance and we were just unlucky.

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

1 minute ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I've got a MyGers thing, and have done for the last 3 years I think.  I don't actually use it for very much, but I saw it as my way of putting some money into the club as I'm no longer a ST holder.  I buy a RTV subscription every year as well.

It's just very galling that when it comes to you actually trying to use it for one of the perceived benefits, access to remaining CL tickets before a general public sale in this case, that we were told there would be a sale at 10am this morning, only to find out via biscuit arsed, ingenuous statement a few hours later, that there was never any tickets going on sale.

I wouldn't be as upset if there was folk on social media saying that they actually managed to get a ticket this morning, at least that way everyone had a chance and we were just unlucky.

And that's why I suggested that the MyGers scheme itself could be argued as a money grab scheme. I don't think many would say it isn't and it has many failings.

I was contesting the implication that the club had launched a separate £50 Champions League pre-sale with no tickets available, which isn't the case at all.

Just now, AJF said:

And that's why I suggested that the MyGers scheme itself could be argued as a money grab scheme. I don't think many would say it isn't and it has many failings.

I was contesting the implication that the club had launched a separate £50 Champions League pre-sale with no tickets available, which isn't the case at all.

No, I'm just having a gripe about the MyGers scheme as well.  There wasn't, as you say, any £50 scheme to get a pre sale.