Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

13 hours ago, bennett said:

This Fabrizio Romano chap seems to be a higher profile Scott Burns, with a lower hit rate.   Besides the point, but he seems to be stealing a wage by (sometimes) confirming speculation.  

Anyway, £20m for Bassey seems unreal for Rangers.  He’s been an absolute liability every time he’s come up against Jordan White.  

Bassey and Aribo away; is Morelos wanting out or happy to stay another year? Will look very different without those three tbf.

I guess kent and morelos are more likely to go next season, purely on the basis that losing 4 first team players in one season is a bit too much upheaval and you'll be reluctant to entertain "fair" value offers. A big enough premium and they'll be away i suppose...

57 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Bassey and Aribo away; is Morelos wanting out or happy to stay another year? Will look very different without those three tbf.

I guess kent and morelos are more likely to go next season, purely on the basis that losing 4 first team players in one season is a bit too much upheaval and you'll be reluctant to entertain "fair" value offers. A big enough premium and they'll be away i suppose...

I saw one of those sensible transfer videos that said Kent would be perfect for Nottingham Forest. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of that.

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If the fee is £4m as reported Liverpool are getting 8 x what they paid for a guy that never played for them. That’s a Championship Manager 01/02 type of transfer 😂. Amazing business by Liverpool.

Yeah, it's a very high fee. It's actually the joint-second-highest transfer fee that we've paid for a CB (wonder if anyone can remember the highest?).

Liverpool bought him with six months left on his deal and Preston had zero leverage. We're now buying him and Liverpool have all the leverage because the whole world has just seen that we've a few quid to spend now.

Edited by G51

15 minutes ago, G51 said:

Yeah, it's a very high fee. It's actually the joint-second-highest transfer fee that we've paid for a CB (wonder if anyone can remember the highest?).

Liverpool bought him with six months left on his deal and Preston had zero leverage. We're now buying him and Liverpool have all the leverage because the whole world has just seen that we've a few quid to spend now.

Was it Big Bertie ??

And Liverpool are loaded so can command a fee they want.

16 minutes ago, G51 said:

Is it the absolutely delightfully friendly but not-very-good-apart-from-one-goal Bert Konterman?

Just now, DMCs said:

But they're genuinely in the top 3 best teams in the world at the moment.

Aberdeen , Liverpool and ?

But seriously; they are wetting themselves at buying a guy for 800k never playing him,putting him out on loan therfor paying next to nothing for his keep then selling him for £4m. By all accounts he had a meh season out on loan to top it off.

I wasn't having a dig at The Rangers, just an observation.

1 minute ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Aberdeen , Liverpool and ?

But seriously; they are wetting themselves at buying a guy for 800k never playing him,putting him out on loan therfor paying next to nothing for his keep then selling him for £4m. By all accounts he had a meh season out on loan to top it off.

I wasn't having a dig at The Rangers, just an observation.

He only had 6 months left on his deal when they paid that for him. I do think we've overpaid here especially if it's £4m as a full fee though. Sky Sports are reporting it as £3m + £1m in add-ons but The Times broke the story first.