Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61795596

Sad news, him and Willie Henderson were a right pain.

I remember Davie Wilson playing in goals at Pittodrie when Norrie Martin got injured.

Nice post, JG.  Wee Davie's Ibrox career was waning as my attendance was waxing so we didn't have much of a crossover.  He was always a favourite of my uncle's though and in his retirement was a regular attendee at Ibrox and remained a fans' favourite.

I read 'Wilson on the Wing' recently and the era he played in was so different to today's multi-millionaires who couldn't lace his boots as to be almost unrecognisable.

6 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I honestly can't remember, there's a few posters that have such a boring personality and low IQ takes that they all kinda merge into the same person and there's too many posters that post sectarianism to narrow it down, I think it was an Aberdeen fan though. 

Is that you, Lee Wallace?

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

With Arfield, Davis and McGregor at a combined age of 110 being offered extensions ahead of Morelos, Kent and Aribo I’m assuming money is very,  very tight.

I mean, offering extensions to the guys who were out of contract before the guys who arent isnt exactly an indication of the second coming of Armageddon is it?

Also the chance Morelos and co have actually been offered new deals and just havent signed them or started negotiations yet.

9 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I mean, offering extensions to the guys who were out of contract before the guys who arent isnt exactly an indication of the second coming of Armageddon is it?

Also the chance Morelos and co have actually been offered new deals and just havent signed them or started negotiations yet.

I suppose and there is the possibility that Morelos, Kent and Aribo are happy to go on free contracts to bump up their salary demands.

19 minutes ago, bennett said:

I thought that age had caught up with McGregor last season, still a good keeper but I'm not sure this is the right decision. 

Anything that increases the likelihood of the angry arsehole ending his career by being absolutely shite and sulking off in embarrassment is okay with me.

I want full, raging, clown show McGregor dropping clangers left, right and centre all season long.

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I suppose and there is the possibility that Morelos, Kent and Aribo are happy to go on free contracts to bump up their salary demands.

Not sure about the first two but there was a story run on Sky Sports (I think) where Aribo was saying he wants to stay at Rangers and that's all he's interested in. Sevilla apparently want Morelos. 

Kent is probably too busy pretending to be from Compton to worry about contracts and such like. :lol:

10 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Anything that increases the likelihood of the angry arsehole ending his career by being absolutely shite and sulking off in embarrassment is okay with me.

I want full, raging, clown show McGregor dropping clangers left, right and centre all season long.

Thanks.

Only one 'angry arsehole' in this post...

15 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Not sure about the first two but there was a story run on Sky Sports (I think) where Aribo was saying he wants to stay at Rangers and that's all he's interested in. Sevilla apparently want Morelos. 

Kent is probably too busy pretending to be from Compton to worry about contracts and such like. :lol:

Would be a fool not to wait and see what he's offered elsewhere though.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Would be a fool not to wait and see what he's offered elsewhere though.

Yup. Apparently Crystal Palace want him right now. If I had the choice I'd be off in a second - mainly because I fucking love big Rick Vieira.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yup. Apparently Crystal Palace want him right now. If I had the choice I'd be off in a second - mainly because I fucking love big Rick Vieira.

Rangers are in that position that we've found ourselves in. Selling a player that you can't replace like for like at that price too.

Will be interesting to see how well they replace these players going forward. Surely requires a change in the transfer model as it still looks a bit scattergun, from the outside looking in anyway.

11 hours ago, milton75 said:

Sevilla offering 8mil for Morelos apparently.

8 million + another 17 million in add-ons to get close to his True Value, one assumes. 

Morelos flew back from Faro earlier today on a Jet2 flight...!

I only know, as I was sitting 7 seats behind him...!