Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, G51 said:

I’d rather have our 21/22 European run than Celtics 66/67 run tbh

Nah.  In terms of quality even our 1972 win was better BUT what you can't take away from the Hoopies is that they did it first.  The win of 1967 trumps whatever has come after.

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nah.  In terms of quality even our 1972 win was better BUT what you can't take away from the Hoopies is that they did it first.  The win of 1967 trumps whatever has come after.

I'd rather have actual memories of a European run though rather than black-and-white pictures to look at. 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I'd rather have actual memories of a European run though rather than black-and-white pictures to look at. 

Indeed.  I keep forgetting that posters such as Henpecked Henry, Daft Wee Average Drew, Magee, et al The Heroes of Lisbon is a history lesson.

Honestly the Ibrox game against Leipzig was probably my favourite game I have ever attended and I genuinely wouldn’t swap it for anything so kind of see the point G51 is making . The scenes afterwards were phenomenal 

still understand and fully appreciate the magnitude of what our team achieved in Barcelona in 72 . And no doubt the Celtic fans rightly feel the same about 67 obviously and Aberdeen their own team of European winners. But when it happens before you are born it’s hard to feel any sort of personal feeling towards it . Obviously Barcelona is slightly different because it’s my team and had older family members and family friends who made that trip and passed some of the stories down . The other two hold the same relevance to me as England’s 1966 World Cup win .

But to actually experience a run like that was genuinely fantastic and some absolutely incredible memories and nights along the way. 

Edited by Forever_blueco

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  I keep forgetting that posters such as Henpecked Henry, Daft Wee Average Drew, Magee, et al The Heroes of Lisbon is a history lesson.

Never mind Lisbon, the heroes of their last knockout tie win are a history lesson.

11th March 2004, that was by the way. A teenage David Marshall got subbed on for Rab Douglas (who somehow kept a clean sheet???). Martin O'Neill was manager. 

6,666 days ago. It is closer in time to the date of the Challenger space shuttle disaster than it is to the present day.

1 minute ago, Raidernation said:

Like any Dons fan that was a supporter in 1983?

Surely anyone who's been an Aberdeen fan since 1983 has succumbed to the absolute misery heaped upon them in the subsequent 40 years and given up the football. 

Either that or they're disgusting perverts who clearly have a thing for being humiliated.

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

You would rather have a run in the 2nd tier of Europe where you won f**k all as opposed to winning the biggest prize in club football?

I’m using that as my signature 😂

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

celtic fans.  It's only a 2nd tier competition where you won fcuk all (laughing)

celtic fans. Have spent the last 20 years constantly going on about Seville.

10 hours ago, G51 said:

Surely anyone who's been an Aberdeen fan since 1983 has succumbed to the absolute misery heaped upon them in the subsequent 40 years and given up the football. 

Either that or they're disgusting perverts who clearly have a thing for being humiliated.

Was that you complaining about patter? 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

This is some thread btw lads.

When I clicked it, it came up at the point folk were squabbling about GvB and Larsson being pals, I kinda thought skipping to the end it might have moved on somewhat [emoji1787]

I wonder how common it is to have two parties who live exactly symmetrically in eachothers heads.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When I clicked it, it came up at the point folk were squabbling about GvB and Larsson being pals, I kinda thought skipping to the end it might have moved on somewhat emoji1787.png

I wonder how common it is to have two parties who live exactly symmetrically in eachothers heads.

Fascinating to watch though 

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When I clicked it, it came up at the point folk were squabbling about GvB and Larsson being pals, I kinda thought skipping to the end it might have moved on somewhat emoji1787.png

These guys have been friends since they worked together nearly 30 years ago. They’ve both won titles in 4 countries, have over 100 caps and have 2nd and 3rd placed finishes in the World Cup.

Yet the bigots can’t accept they are mates and that Henrik would wish his close friend best wishes for an upcoming cup final. They had the audacity to spent part of their careers on the opposite side of the ‘Glasgow divide’ - how dare they.

I’ve said before but how people can take their children to watch these teams is wild. People even bring their children from outside Glasgow to watch them. No wonder sectarian is so prevalent in our society.

8 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

The exact same posters coming in every 3 or 4 pages to say 

"Jesus christ this thread, what are you guys like"

Isn't exactly patter or good points well made, it's more like some weird attempt to be involved yet claim superiority. 

It makes me curios to see what high level of intellectual and philosophical debate is undoubtedly taking place in every other thread on this forum 

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

These guys have been friends since they worked together nearly 30 years ago. They’ve both won titles in 4 countries, have over 100 caps and have 2nd and 3rd placed finishes in the World Cup.

Yet the bigots can’t accept they are mates and that Henrik would wish his close friend best wishes for an upcoming cup final. They had the audacity to spent part of their careers on the opposite side of the ‘Glasgow divide’ - how dare they.

I’ve said before but how people can take their children to watch these teams is wild. People even bring their children from outside Glasgow to watch them. No wonder sectarian is so prevalent in our society.

Some good points.

The same sort of bigots that hate their own teams legends because of honours recieved from the state that can't separate things in the real world. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur