Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Sure I could manage for 2/3 hrs without it, wouldn’t resort to drinking from a toilet pan. 

Where is this Toilet pan story you keep referring to ? Is it lifted off some demented Celtic blog ? Folk were drinking tap water from the sinks . 

if this was any other event featuring any other group of people other than Rangers fans you would probably happily agree that people are rightly outraged 😂

Edited by Forever_blueco

42 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think you underestimate some of the issues. When we arrived in Seville the roadside thermometer thingy read 36 degrees.

Fans spent the entire day in outdoor pub areas and fan zones. Many were hydrating, but obviously alcohol was the main beverage of choice.

We were then encouraged to get to the stadium as early as possible, with the doors opening at 6. We queued outside to get through the various checkpoints for a lengthy spell where bottles of water or juice were confiscated at the first of three checkpoints.

By the time I got into the stadium our kiosk had sold out of water already and we were left to fend for ourselves. I didn’t even see anyone handing out cups advising to drink from the toilet taps as some have reported. The water was then shut off.

The match then played out for the best part of 2 and half hours if you take into account half time, extra time and penalties all in searing heat.

Now we find that Frankfurt fans are looking at taking legal action as they suffered the same issues.

You’re an absolute moron if you think this is just a case of fans not looking after themselves.

We found some bars not too far from the train station when we arrived. Was only a ten minute walk to the stadium and the flags were out and rangers fans were all outside so we just made ourselves comfortable there . So a few of us left the bar we were in around 6:15pm 

Just looked there and first picture I took from my seat was at 7:49pm. Police stopped us for about 20 minutes at a road with a petrol station on the corner and then proceeded to let us through and repeat the process what felt like every 200 yards until we got to the ticket check  😂

Edited by Forever_blueco

59 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The fact these daft nuggets just swalleyed all day in 30 degree heat and rocked up dry as f**k is their own fault. Nobody else’s. 

That’s the thing though, it wasn’t just folk on the bevvy that were suffering ffs. It’s embarrassing you can’t see how a stadium in that heat running out of water or any kind of drink so early is a problem.

They’ve already admitted they severely underestimated the demand yet you continue with this narrative that Rangers fans brought it on themselves despite Frankfurt fans making the exact same complaints.

I’ve also got a news flash for you as you keep referring back to the time you were there, Scottish folk don’t behave differently abroad based on the team you support. Do you think there aren’t Celtic fans that would’ve been out on the lash suffering if there wasn’t any water for them to drink? It’s nonsense you’re bunkering down like this.

48 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s nonsense you’re bunkering down like this.

Can’t empathise with people you’ve spent the best part of a decade dehumanising. Gets awkward when he has to Ignore the German fans suffering in the same way, but that’s cognitive dissonance for ya.

29 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

When did you score, half an hour to go, about an hour before the game ended? These people look so dehydrated and dead on their feet. even some drinks flying through the air. Like I said, if grown adults can’t last 2 /3 hrs without water close to midnight then they only have themselves to blame. 

https://youtu.be/87aid_Ky2U0

That’s not the stadium the game was played at  

the big screen on the pitch is a bit of a giveaway 

what a helmet 😂

Edited by Forever_blueco

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

That’s not the stadium the game was played at  

the big screen on the pitch is a bit of a giveaway 

what a helmet 😂

Copied the wrong link, watch the one below, from 20 mins onwards.  no signs of dehydration, everyone enjoying themselves, then defeat, then the moaning starts. 

Edited by Drew Brees

Drew fair making a tit of himself here, the fact the stadium denied all means of fans hydrating themselves for several hours in 30+ heat can't be justified away by saying "aye they're adults they shouldve expected it and been able to cope".

27 minutes ago, Empty It said:

"aye they're adults they shouldve expected it and been able to cope".

It's amazing, isn't it.

You're drowning? You're an adult. Should have been able to cope. 

You're suffocating? You're an adult, you should know how to cope. 

You're bleeding out? You're an adult. You should know how to cope. 

You have to feel a huge amount of pity for folk like Drew (and on the other side). Nothing is greater than trying to goad over the other arse cheek. Not even a simple sense of care for another humans wellbeing. Nothing. 

4 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Copied the wrong link, watch the one below, from 20 mins onwards.  no signs of dehydration, everyone enjoying themselves, then defeat, then the moaning starts. 

Again if you think this is sour grapes over defeat then why are Frankfurt fans also wanting to complain and highlighting the exact same issues they faced  ?

Edited by Forever_blueco

I think drew is absolutely right. If it was me I would have definitely factored in the probability that, after arriving close to two hours early as advised (and required, judging by the photos of the queues), water would not be available and simply have slammed 3 two litre bottles directly before entering, rendering myself dead by water poisoning 

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m going to be charitable and saw drew is absolutely at it here, otherwise he’s making a spectacular c**t of himself. 

I remember in 2003 Celtic fans drank Seville dry in 104 heat,shops were selling bottled water for 5 euros and more.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

I’m going to be charitable and saw drew is absolutely at it here, otherwise he’s making a spectacular c**t of himself. 
I'd have went with that before he started posting links saying they don't look dehydrated...