Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

14 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Going by the Colour of Football Instagram account, these are the different kits and combinations that Rangers registered with UEFA at the start of the season;

EzmN1sO.jpg

The away is obviously out if Frankfurt get to go with their home kit. Seeing some people saying that the third way there, all blue and white topped might be allowed but not sure. Don’t know about how much UEFA would lean on Frankfurt/what the rules say given that there are no clashes between their away and any of the Rangers kits.

ky2ey4g.jpg

Of course, I doubt that Rangers would be too pissed off in having to wear their new third kit in tribute to their present manager.

Doesn’t look like there’s any room to manoeuvre on it. Frankfurt and Rangers get to pick, UEFA don’t interfere with Frankfurts decision like they can in the groups or any other game. Any clash, Rangers have to shift. 

From;

Regulations of the Europa League 2021-24 Cycle 

Subsection 10 - Article 55 (lol): Colours 

55.03 For the final, both teams may wear their first choice playing attire. However, if there is a clash, the team designated as the away team must wear alternative colours. The UEFA administration proposes suitably contrasting colours in advance of the match.

As opposed to;

1 For all competition matches, the home club has the first choice as to which of its official playing attires announced on the playing attire approval form it wears for its home matches. In the qualifying phase and play-offs the clubs agree on the colours to be worn from the playing attires announced on their playing attire approval form. If the clubs are unable to agree on the colours to be worn by their teams, they inform the UEFA administration, who takes a final decision. As of the group stage, the UEFA administration proposes which colours should be worn. The proposals can be changed at the request of the clubs provided that the alternative solution does not lead to clashes in any part of the attires. If no agreement can be found, the UEFA administration takes a final decision.

55.02 In any case, if the referee notices on the spot that the colours of the two teams could lead to confusion, he decides on the colours, after consulting the UEFA match delegate and the UEFA administration. As a rule, in such cases it is the home team that has to change colours, for practical reasons.

might be a catch all ‘don’t be a dick’ clause that I’ve not spotted but looks like it’s white or orange.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Of course, I doubt that Rangers would be too pissed off in having to wear their new third kit in tribute to their present manager.

I’d prefer the white one personally. More of a throwback to this beauty.

8gE07Ft.jpg

Haud on. The premise is that Eintracht’s black kit isn’t sufficiently contrasting with Rangers blue kit?

But Rangers 2nd kit, designed to be sufficiently contrasting from the 1st kit so it can be used if there’s a clash with another blue, is black? 

7 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Haud on. The premise is that Eintracht’s black kit isn’t sufficiently contrasting with Rangers blue kit?

But Rangers 2nd kit, designed to be sufficiently contrasting from the 1st kit so it can be used if there’s a clash with another blue, is black? 

Normally UEFA would be able to intervene and suggest a combination that didn’t clash, plus there’s not many teams in European football with black home kits, it’s just an unlikely combination of factors.

21 hours ago, bennett said:

The final being in Seville has added another element to our run to the final. Hopefully we can get the job done.

Edited by AJF

32 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Good lord. This has made that Specksy guy seem like Jay-z

I seriously hope this is a parody of Specksy and isn't a genuine attempt. This trend should stop, even though I found Specksy's song rather catchy while simultaneously cringing at it.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

That screenshot was taken on Monday. 

seville-suite.png

The Seville suite was named to the Dafabet Suite a while back mate.

Celtic themselves were offering VIP experiences in said suite before Xmas so yeah like i said fake news and of course you bought it 😉

Edited by Jinky67