Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

He belongs on talksport. I genuinely don’t think he believes that, he just throws out sound bites that he thinks will wind up the right people. 

It certainly works a lot anyway. Celtic fans seem unable to not bite at his comments as evidenced by this thread. He's our version of Sutton now.

Give me the Petrovs and McCoists over these kind of pundits.

9 minutes ago, DMCs said:

It certainly works a lot anyway. Celtic fans seem unable to not bite at his comments as evidenced by this thread. He's our version of Sutton now.

Give me the Petrovs and McCoists over these kind of pundits.

Your version of Hartson.

Sutton is far more intelligent than either.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Your version of Hartson.

Poor comparison with Hartson I'd say. He gets too fuming he's incapable of even basic wind up like Boyd is. I'd agree Sutton is smarter than Boyd.

1 minute ago, DMCs said:

Poor comparison with Hartson I'd say. He gets too fuming he's incapable of even basic wind up like Boyd is. I'd agree Sutton is smarter than Boyd.

True, but Boyd gets so angry he sits in a quiet rage, like an idiot.

Kevin Thomson closer to Sutton IMO.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

True, but Boyd gets so angry he sits in a quiet rage, like an idiot.

Kevin Thomson closer to Sutton IMO.

Thomson's not a wind-up merchant though.

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Your version of Hartson.

Aye, as much as Sutton talks shite at times, you know he is doing it solely to get bites and he is great at it.

Also, Ramsey was a massive coup. Not on Gazza levels at all but still a big signing. That it came with big risks attached (which many acknowledged at the time) doesn’t really change that.

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

Also, Ramsey was a massive coup. Not on Gazza levels at all but still a big signing. That it came with big risks attached (which many acknowledged at the time) doesn’t really change that.

image.thumb.png.f8c10f67a19c37a93abac933554175a5.png

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No. It's not 10am yet.

Of course, silly me. You'll have to excuse my stupidity, I've been working in Livingston for over a week - and there appears to be no such start time here. 

13 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Hilarious signing then even funnier now, he at least gets a spot in the banter 11 next to Joey Barton.

There's maybe something in that. Various 'big names' have come with the expectation that they'd piss it and seemingly found not quite what they were expecting. Ramsey, Barton, Duffy, Keane. Haj-Diuof? You could probably add the boy Amad to that list. Is there an XI though? Probably, if you dig deep enough...

13 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

There's maybe something in that. Various 'big names' have come with the expectation that they'd piss it and seemingly found not quite what they were expecting. Ramsey, Barton, Duffy, Keane. Haj-Diuof? You could probably add the boy Amad to that list. Is there an XI though? Probably, if you dig deep enough...

Not sure what Keane you are referring too but both of them absolutely strolled it tbh. I assume it’s Roy actually because of the cup shock on his debut but he was clearly a cut above a decent midfield at the time despite carrying injuries. Brafheid would be one though going from not making Celtic squads to playing in a World Cup final in about a two months. 

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Not sure what Keane you are referring too but both of them absolutely strolled it tbh. I assume it’s Roy actually because of the cup shock on his debut but he was clearly a cut above a decent midfield at the time despite carrying injuries. Brafheid would be one though going from not making Celtic squads to playing in a World Cup final in about a two months. 

Keane and Diouf were both decent up here, from memory. Diouf strolled a game against Celtic but Brown celebrated in his face after a goal. I think that's a lot of folks lasting memory.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Keane and Diouf were both decent up here, from memory. Diouf strolled a game against Celtic but Brown celebrated in his face after a goal. I think that's a lot of folks lasting memory.

Diouf was pretty pish to be honest. Only his goal against Sporting Lisbon really stands out. People just look back on that more fondly as we won the league and league cup in the end.

32 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Did any of those big names win the league with their respective side?

48 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Ian Wright ??