Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

Okay, so when you say we "need" the money, what you actually mean is we don't need the money but it would be beneficial? Right, got you.

Christ, pedantic or what. Okay, so will it be better if I phrased it as "I reckon we will probably turnover about £2M from ticket sales before TV, prize money etc."

I wonder if that £3M we would've got for going to Australia would've been free of travel, accommodation, training camp and any other operating costs eh.

Yes it was a bit pedantic however no not that it would be beneficial it is very much in my opinion a need.

I know if I was making 50k year after tax and yet 20k overdrawn at the end of the year, relying on loans and borrowing from “friends” to break even and I was then offered 3k for 2 days work but had to work with someone I didn’t like my wife would be telling me you better get your fucking fat arse out to work as we need that cash 😉

Edited by Jinky67

8 hours ago, AJF said:

I just don't think it can simply be portrayed as if it's a case of just taking or leaving the money.

For those of us not involved in the petty, bigoted, sectarian way of life of Rangers and Celtic fans, we’ve no idea why.

2 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Winning The Red Star game was worth £5 million

Tickets are £48. Do you want one?

You said the ticket sales alone for the Braga game were worth more than that would you would recoup for the Syndney Cup which at £48 it wouldn’t be so just trying to understand your numbers. You weren’t the pre 2012 accountant by any chance?

And thanks for the generous offer however best going to someone who will appreciate it more than I, I will be watching on the TV however 🙂

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

You are addicted to days and hours long debates in here. It's pretty weird.

“We’re all a little weird and life’s a little weird”

Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Edited by Jinky67

33 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You said the ticket sales alone for the Braga game were worth more than that would you would recoup for the Syndney Cup which at £48 it wouldn’t be so just trying to understand your numbers. You weren’t the pre 2012 accountant by any chance?

And thanks for the generous offer however best going to someone who will appreciate it more than I, I will be watching on the TV however 🙂

£48 for season ticket holders and a reported £59 for non season ticket holders

Reports I read were the Oz fiasco was worth no more than £2 million to both clubs

Beating Red Star was reported to be worth £5 million to Rangers

Double £2 million is £4 million

Last time I looked £4 million was LESS than £5 million.

Why do the have to be offset against each other?  What if the £5 million and the money from the friendly hasn't already been spent?  And now the shareholders have to make up the £2-3 million shortfall.

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Why do the have to be offset against each other?  What if the £5 million and the money from the friendly hasn't already been spent?  And now the shareholders have to make up the £2-3 million shortfall.

One things for sure, if events of 2012 are anything to go by, it won’t be the fans that make up the shortfall.

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ll tell you why non Rangers fans care about this, it’s hilarious. Rangers arrange a friendly match thousands of miles away from their major fan base to raise vital funds to keep the club ticking over. Blinkered fans get their knickers in a twist and cost the club these couple of million pounds. It’s hilarious.

So it's hilarious because you've got a fantasy in your head that we were doing a friendly to keep the lights on. 

Excuse me for not pishing myself. 

At least keep it believable like it's funny seeing the fans get wound up and raging **** and u-turns etc.. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

43 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

£48 for season ticket holders and a reported £59 for non season ticket holders

Reports I read were the Oz fiasco was worth no more than £2 million to both clubs

Beating Red Star was reported to be worth £5 million to Rangers

Double £2 million is £4 million

Last time I looked £4 million was LESS than £5 million.

Yeah I know but that’s not what you originally suggested though what you posted above is a completely different take

It seems the organisers aren’t too happy though and refute Rangers claims as to the reasons for their withdrawal citing they have bowed to fan pressure alone which means they are likely to try impose a penalty 

15 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

In hindsight it appears it was a good decision for Celtic to trademark “Old Firm”

It means others can’t use it without our permission 

The phrase 'Old Firm' really isn't 'yours' to trademark and certainly it is not for Celtic and Rangers to decide who can or can't use it any more than Celtic and Rangers can decide who does or who does not use the term 'Bigotry Brothers' , for example. These are examples of terms coined down the years by others about Celtic & Rangers not terms coined by Celtic & Rangers about themselves. In short, the term 'Old Firm' is ours, the outsiders looking in; and it is what we call you......you (Celtic & Rangers) do not get a say in the matter.