Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

You might want to read this one back chap and reassess which one of us is coming across as the angry one. 
And you seem to understand me just fine you just aren’t very good with the replies hence the deviation into personal abuse. It’s ok though I’m a big boy I can take it. Was that another homoerotic quip? I’ll let you decide [emoji6]
Have a bang on your drum and come back in a wee while

For your own good Jinky, best to step away from this argument, you're pissing into the wind. When generally decent Rangers fans like AJF can't see it for what it is, you've no chance with the "quintessential" brethren.

3 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

After tonight's shenanigans and with AJFs relegation from being the most sensible Rangers fan I would like to make my claim as to being considered the most sensible Rangers fan on here. 

I hope I have your support.

No chance, mate.  "Most sensible Rangers fan" is, and always has been, my big pal @KnightswoodVanBear

Always sane and always cool.  

14 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Do Catholic schools exclude or segregate children of other denominations? Or can children of any faith be educated at a Catholic school?

Of course they do. Unless things have radically altered since I was at school, try openly celebrating or promoting Anglicanism , Methodism Presbyterianism or any of the other myriad versions of Christianity in a Catholic school....never mind Atheism, Judaism or Humanism.  Facts are that until Scotland embraces a fully secular and inclusive education then the kind of hysterical nonsense and hyperbole that has smeared its way across this thread like a cancerous stain will never be properly addressed. Sadly though the "segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" merchants appear to hold a bizarre sway in our country

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I merely said Celtic participate in promoting the Irish v British/Catholic v Protestant farce with Rangers by purposely putting Irish colours into their strips/team wear every season, much like how Rangers put orange into theirs. Its all part of selling the brand.

This is dripping with ignorance.

There are many reasons to abhor Celtic, but do yourself a favour and go and find out about the way Irish immigrants were treated in Scotland at the time Celtic were founded, and look at the reasons why a club might have become a specific focal point for that community. The Irish flag stuff with Celtic is absolutely fine. Anyone troubled by it is a bigot or clueless about its context.

11 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

After tonight's shenanigans and with AJFs relegation from being the most sensible Rangers fan I would like to make my claim as to being considered the most sensible Rangers fan on here. 

I hope I have your support.

I’m afraid it’s an optional position to be filled. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is dripping with ignorance.

There are many reasons to abhor Celtic, but do yourself a favour and go and find out about the way Irish immigrants were treated in Scotland at the time Celtic were founded, and look at the reasons why a club might have become a specific focal point for that community. The Irish flag stuff with Celtic is absolutely fine. Anyone troubled by it is a bigot or clueless about its context.

Celtic were formed in 1888. They have every right to celebrate their Irish heritage but why choose to fly the flag of the Republic over their stadium and not the Flag of all Ireland? 

Personally I couldn’t care less and tbh i am disappointed so many got embroiled in such a heated debate over the actions of a footballing genius gone wrong. No matter what I thought of Gazza in the past I just look at him now with pity. Never the brightest but drink an drugs and living life to excess has destroyed him.

As for the supporters who cheered. A bit sad but does it really deserve 10 pages and lessons on the history of Ireland , The Whigs, Jacobites and Tories? 

Nothing will change as long as the money keeps rolling in. Until clubs are held responsible for the actions of their supporters it will carry on! Sad but true

No it isn’t since there was a breakaway faction of Tories who were anti-popery and in opposition to Catholic emancipation such as George Spencer Churchill.

It’s actually ignorant to deny the existence of such Ultra Tories 

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The Tories were, by any measure, the party of the Jacobites!  Why are you even contending this?

Why are you also taking issue with an organisation such as the OO with Irish roots?  Is it anti-Irish intolerance?

No my opposition to the OO is an early memory of walking past a local lodge in my centenary Celtic top as a young 9 year old with mum and being shouted at by these people dressed in fancy clothes and sashes and called a “a wee chinky ****** b*****d”

My wife also when she was younger was member of a lodge in her youth. She became a Catholic to marry me and I’ve seen first hand how she is treated by members of that lodge and by some elements of her family.

But I suppose I’m making that up too? 

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Of course they do. Unless things have radically altered since I was at school, try openly celebrating or promoting Anglicanism , Methodism Presbyterianism or any of the other myriad versions of Christianity in a Catholic school....never mind Atheism, Judaism or Humanism.  Facts are that until Scotland embraces a fully secular and inclusive education then the kind of hysterical nonsense and hyperbole that has smeared its way across this thread like a cancerous stain will never be properly addressed. Sadly though the "segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" merchants appear to hold a bizarre sway in our country

Welcome to a Scottish FOOTBALL forum folks

On 28/03/2022 at 10:20, kennie makevin said:

I learned about every other religion barring my own when I was at high school. (Catholic)

We indeed celebrated all the religions you mentioned and had many non-Catholic pupils.

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Which begs the question.... what is the point of it ? 

Just something archaic I would presume, some catholic schools are seen as having better education prospects than the “public school” in the area.

It’s much like you’d decide not to send your kid to school A because you’ve heard it’s a bit crap, so they go to school B.

1 hour ago, AB1872 said:

Just go away! 

Nah, I’ll hang around a little more.

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Gazza is and always will be scum. He treated his wife like a punch bag and yet is celebrated by fans at Ibrox all the time. 

Wasn’t this similar with Flannagan (spelling is probably wrong) a couple of seasons ago? He’d booted his wife in the head but was welcomed with open arms.

20 minutes ago, True Dat said:

I take it it’s acceptable for a nonce that loves to get his cock out in public houses to be loved and it all to be swept under the carpet then?

step forward one James nonce Forrest.

Why would something that didn’t even make it to court be swept under the carpet? Nonce also would suggest children were present in a pub/nightclub when this allegedly happened which they obviously weren’t 

golf fall GIF

Edited by Jinky67