Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I'm off to Dublin March 16th to 20th.  Brilliant city which I've not been to for a decade so looking forward to it.

Any chance James Bisgrove could organise a match between Rangers B vs Celtic B to celebrate St Patrick's day in one of the Dublin stadiums?

I've watched as many of the Rangers Women games as I can this season and it's great to see how the squad has developed this season - acknowledging, of course, that we've made a huge investment in staff and professional support.  Also good to see Rangers Twitter running a feature, on International Women's Day, on some of the people involved in supporting the team, for example:

Also congrats to the SNWT's U17s for drubbing North Macedonia 0-9 today, with five of the goals coming from Rangers players.  Some of them such as Jodi McLeary, Emma Watson and Kayla Jordine, are real talents.

So Kudela has dropped his appeal against his ban and has finally "apologised" over the Kamara incident. A complete non-apology at that, saying he was sorry for ever approaching Kamara rather than, you know, racially abusing him. p***k.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

So Kudela has dropped his appeal against his ban and has finally "apologised" over the Kamara incident. A complete non-apology at that, saying he was sorry for ever approaching Kamara rather than, you know, racially abusing him. p***k.

Did Rangers ever apologise after their fans were banned, twice, for racist behaviour??

13 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Having racist fans and not addressing the issue is never a good look. 

You are conflating two very different issues. You are also suggesting that Glen Kamara should not be entitled to an apology after being racially abused because you perceive him to be at fault for the actions of others? What kind of logic is that?

Additionally, I’d like to know what the two racist issues are you are referring to. If it is in relation to the partial stadium closures by FARE, you will remember that the club issued numerous statements stating the fans were embarrassing the club and as a result we were banning fans from purchasing tickets for one of the European away games.

If you are referring to the Kyogo incident, you will remember that the culprits were identified and permanently banned from Ibrox with the supporters club they were travelling with having their ticket privileges removed.

If you are referring to those singing the famine song, you will remember that the club also banned those identified.

All of this has absolutely nothing to do with the racial abuse Kamara received right enough. But you know that, and just can’t help yourself.

Edited by AJF

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

You are conflating two very different issues. You are also suggesting that Glen Kamara should not be entitled to an apology after being racially abused because you perceive him to be at fault for the actions of others? What kind of logic is that?

Additionally, I’d like to know what the two racist issues are you are referring to. If it is in relation to the partial stadium closures by FARE, you will remember that the club issued numerous statements stating the fans were embarrassing the club and as a result we were banning fans from purchasing tickets for one of the European away games.

If you are referring to the Kyogo incident, you will remember that the culprits were identified and permanently banned from Ibrox with the supporters club they were travelling with having their ticket privileges removed.

If you are referring to those singing the famine song, you will remember that the club also banned those identified.

All of this has absolutely nothing to do with the racial abuse Kamara received right enough. But you know that, and just can’t help yourself.

I was a simple question, Rangers had stands closed by uefa because of racist behaviour but I don’t remember any apology from them, yet you seem to having a go at a player’s apology for a racist remark. 

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

Wtf is that nonsense?? i never even mentioned kamara. 

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I was a simple question, Rangers had stands closed by uefa because of racist behaviour but I don’t remember any apology from them, yet you seem to having a go at a player’s apology for a racist remark. 

It was not a simple question, you knew exactly what you were doing. You were comparing two completely different incidents and are somehow conflating the personal choice of Kudela not to apologise for making racist remarks with a football club’s response to the actions of their fans, expecting them to apologise for the actions of others. Rangers condemned them just like everyone else did.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Wtf is that nonsense?? i never even mentioned kamara. 

Well, given my post you quoted was specifically relating to the Kamara incident, what was the purpose of your “simple question” then? Surely if you agree with what I said about the Kamara incident, then you would’ve said so, or you wouldn’t have commented at all.

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

It was not a simple question, you knew exactly what you were doing. You were comparing two completely different incidents and are somehow conflating the personal choice of Kudela not to apologise for making racist remarks with a football club’s response to the actions of their fans, expecting them to apologise for the actions of others. Rangers condemned them just like everyone else did.

Well, given my post you quoted was specifically relating to the Kamara incident, what was the purpose of your “simple question” then? Surely if you agree with what I said about the Kamara incident, then you would’ve said so, or you wouldn’t have commented at all.

The post I quoted was about you condemning a player’s apology, read into what you like but that’s all in your head. 

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The post I quoted was about you condemning a player’s apology, read into what you like but that’s all in your head. 

The way I am reading it is you used my criticism of Kudela refusing to apologise for racially abusing GK as an opportunity to have a pop at Rangers. If that’s “in my head” or is incorrect, then please enlighten me.

6 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Having racist fans and not addressing the issue is never a good look. 

Rangers have addressed the issue by banning hundreds of season ticket holders! 
Rangers have been praised by UEFA for the Anyone , Everyone initiative and other cross community work. Fortunately , unlike other clubs, we were not founded through hatred and bigotry! 

Other clubs have been fined again and again and again but still do nothing 

Other clubs supporters hung effigies from their stands and did nothing. 

Fans of other clubs should look at their clubs refusal to apologise for far worse crimes than singing songs! 

Nice to know our continued success and our growing admiration from our European opponents is utterly destroying supporters of other clubs 

1 hour ago, AB1872 said:

Rangers have been praised by UEFA for the Anyone , Everyone initiative and other cross community work. Fortunately , unlike other clubs, we were not founded through hatred and bigotry! 

Fans of other clubs should look at their clubs refusal to apologise for far worse crimes than singing songs! 

Nice to know our continued success and our growing admiration from our European opponents is utterly destroying supporters of other clubs 

A lot of mention of clubs in here and zero about companies. 

Pretty surprised by that.

1 hour ago, AB1872 said:

Fortunately , unlike other clubs, we were not founded through hatred and bigotry! 

Correct. Charles Green founded your new club once the previous club went into liquidation. The hatred and bigotry came at a cost of a pound, purchased along with the old club's history.

On 12/03/2022 at 16:39, AB1872 said:

German Testifies in Milosevic Trial | Europe | News and current affairs  from around the continent | DW | 12.10.2004