Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Fair play to Rangers, their results in Europe are consistently impressive. Most assured Scottish team I’ve seen in Europe, the oldco sides under Smith (9 in a row era) and Advocaat never produced as many results as this squad over the last few seasons have.

Although I'll always support a Scottish team in Europe, I still get no joy from seeing Rangers fans delighted.

Nonetheless, that is an absolutely incredible two-leg result. Enjoy.

1 hour ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Although I'll always support a Scottish team in Europe, I still get no joy from seeing Rangers fans delighted.

Nonetheless, that is an absolutely incredible two-leg result. Enjoy.

I gave you a greenie as there's no half-measure.

That was an incredible result for us - but one that was merited.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

The goal comes from utterly pudding defending, let’s be honest. 

I think it’s 50/50. Bassey has the strength to hold off his man and the cover, and still get a really decent ball in. Hummels was being pestered all evening by Alfie and he seemed caught in two minds about what to do and the movement. Bellingham a little naive to switch off and not check his shoulder.

They weren’t all completely unforced errors, the press did a lot.

12 minutes ago, Orbix said:

I think it’s 50/50. Bassey has the strength to hold off his man and the cover, and still get a really decent ball in. Hummels was being pestered all evening by Alfie and he seemed caught in two minds about what to do and the movement. Bellingham a little naive to switch off and not check his shoulder.

They weren’t all completely unforced errors, the press did a lot.

I’m sure biases are at play here but when I watch that goal I think 1) the guy bassey beats looks about as mobile as Declan Gallagher 2) hummels, an experienced supposedly top level defender is all over the place and 3) fundamentally, how the f**k have a supposed top European side just let a relatively simple ball trundle across their 6 yard box to an unmarked man at the back post?

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m sure biases are at play here but when I watch that goal I think 1) the guy bassey beats looks about as mobile as Declan Gallagher 2) hummels, an experienced supposedly top level defender is all over the place and 3) fundamentally, how the f**k have a supposed top European side just let a relatively simple ball trundle across their 6 yard box to an unmarked man at the back post?

The full back to full back ball has caught out a few teams we’ve played in Europe.

If it’s Borna to Tav, then usually their right back is out tackling or harrying, the right sided centre back is caught trying to cut off channels to the midfield, and the left sided centre back or even sometimes the left back is occupied with Morelos. If not the left back, they’re normally holding further up the pitch as an outball option. Then Tav just drifts inside. Saw it against Galatasaray with his header in the 2-1 game, last night, against  and I think against Braga as well? 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Hummels has been done for a couple year now. 

I'd take him at Fir Park, tbf.

Sensational result for Rangers over the two legs.  Fair play.  I did think not burying Dortmund last week (they should have!) might have come back and bit them on the arse, but Rangers were the better team over the two games. 

Tavernier's 74th and 75th goals for us last night. Even taking into account he is our penalty taker, his number are very good:

15/16: 15 goals, 23 assists

16/17: 2 goals, 7 assists

17/18: 9 goals 9 assists

18/19: 17 goals, 20 assists

19/20: 3 goals, 15 assists

20/21: 19 goals, 16 assists

21/22: 10 goals, 14 assists so far

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Tavernier's 74th and 75th goals for us last night. Even taking into account he is our penalty taker, his number are very good:

15/16: 15 goals, 23 assists

16/17: 2 goals, 7 assists

17/18: 9 goals 9 assists

18/19: 17 goals, 20 assists

19/20: 3 goals, 15 assists

20/21: 19 goals, 16 assists

21/22: 10 goals, 14 assists so far

Who is your all time top scorer? Tavernier or Morelos?