Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

38 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Ramsey at Rangers - 6 months of paying 90-95% of remaining contract.

Rangers fans desperately wanting to believe that, the rest of us wanting it to be the other way round.

The truth is that none of us know who is paying what.

4 hours ago, Orbix said:

Juventus had a clause in Ramsey’s contract that stated that if he were still at the club at this point, an automatic contract extension would kick in. The only reason it makes any financial sense to anybody is that him being on loan negates it.

Ramsey on Juve Bench - 6 months of paying remaining contract + 12 months

Ramsey at Rangers - 6 months of paying 90-95% of remaining contract.

That arguably makes sense for Juventus and Rangers but makes absolutely no sense for Ramsey.  It implies that in return for going to Rangers he voluntarily gives up the right to a year on a salary is presumably massively higher than his current market value.  Why would he do that? 

2 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

That arguably makes sense for Juventus and Rangers but makes absolutely no sense for Ramsey.  It implies that in return for going to Rangers he voluntarily gives up the right to a year on a salary is presumably massively higher than his current market value.  Why would he do that? 

It could be a number of reasons. Maybe he is at a stage where money isn't his primary motivating factor. Maybe he realises he needs to play more regularly in the year of a World Cup. Who knows.

3 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

The only reason i could possibly imagine is to ensure he gets a World Cup callup and get game time under his belt. 

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The only reason i could possibly imagine is to ensure he gets a World Cup callup and get game time under his belt. 

I think it's this. Given the Welsh squad and where they're drawing players from, it's not like the SPFL would be seen as a particular step down for him, a lot of them are Championship/League One level with the odd Prem or Madrid Golfing Complex and Hotel Resort. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Great to see Charlie McCann get his debut tonight.  I watch the B's when they are on RTV and he's a wee man with a great attitude.  Hope he kicks on:

I'm hoping there is a clearer pathway into first team football for the youngsters under Gio. Lowry certainly hasn't done himself any harm with his performances so fingers crossed others can push for inclusion more often as well. I also maintain there must be a forward in our youth groups that is just as, if not more effective than Itten.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm hoping there is a clearer pathway into first team football for the youngsters under Gio. Lowry certainly hasn't done himself any harm with his performances so fingers crossed others can push for inclusion more often as well. I also maintain there must be a forward in our youth groups that is just as, if not more effective than Itten.

The 'take home' from tonight was that McCann, Lowry, Zukowski and Amad performed well.

Itten and Wright were rotten.

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The 'take home' from tonight was that McCann, Lowry, Zukowski and Amad performed well.

Itten and Wright were rotten.

How did Wright conspire to stay on the pitch for 90mins last night? Did GvB forget he was on the pitch like everyone else? 

How did Wright conspire to stay on the pitch for 90mins last night? Did GvB forget he was on the pitch like everyone else? 
You would assume it's because it's already decided he'll be nowhere near the pitch on Thursday, while the 5 he took off are in some sort of contention to play some part..

5 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

At about 70 mins wee Tam listed all the players who'd been subbed and included Wright.  He then corrected himself about a minute later.  And I don't think anyone noticed or  cared.  Inc. the manager...

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

At about 70 mins wee Tam listed all the players who'd been subbed and included Wright.  He then corrected himself about a minute later.  And I don't think anyone noticed or  cared.  Inc. the manager...

Aye I noticed that as well. 

With 14 goals scored and 2 conceded in 4 games since the absolute shambles at Celtic Park, I think it is fair to say we've got the response we wanted from the team. Albeit one of those matches was vs Annan, but it bodes well nonetheless.

Ryan Jack coming back from injury at the right time to give us a much needed lift - I really hope he can stay fit as he brings so much to that team. Morelos is playing with a lot of confidence and is back to his best, bullying defenders and scoring a lot of goals. Kent delivering again in a big match last night and he has been good in all 3 of his appearances since the Celtic match - we just need to see that more consistently.

Of course, all of that would count for little if we are to go and throw points away at Dundee Utd on Sunday. Big test for us, but the signs are positive.

Edited by AJF

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

With 14 goals scored and 2 conceded in 4 games since the absolute shambles at Celtic Park, I think it is fair to say we've got the response we wanted from the team. Albeit one of those matches was vs Annan, but it bodes well nonetheless.

Ryan Jack coming back from injury at the right time to give us a much needed lift - I really hope he can stay fit as he brings so much to that team. Morelos is playing with a lot of confidence and is back to his best, bullying defenders and scoring a lot of goals. Kent delivering again in a big match last night and he has been good in all 3 of his appearances since the Celtic match - we just need to see that more consistently.

Of course, all of that would count for little if we are to go and throw points away at Dundee Utd on Sunday. Big test for us, but the signs are positive.

Don't forget the resuscitation of of John Lazarus Lundstrum who had another good display last night.  But aye, it all counts for little if we drop points on Sunday.

This compliation from Thursday is ridiculous. His best performance in a Rangers shirt? 
Looked like a player who knew a lot of people would be watching. Outstanding performance for sure and Rangers fans will hope the first of many going forward. Question one might ask is where has it been before now this season.

18 minutes ago, gaz5 said:
6 hours ago, DMCs said:
This compliation from Thursday is ridiculous. His best performance in a Rangers shirt? 

Looked like a player who knew a lot of people would be watching. Outstanding performance for sure and Rangers fans will hope the first of many going forward. Question one might ask is where has it been before now this season.

A lot of injuries this season which means everything has been so stop start. He's certainly been poor the last month or two without the injury excuse however.

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

A lot of injuries this season which means everything has been so stop start. He's certainly been poor the last month or two without the injury excuse however.

I’m not sure he has been that poor recently to be fair. He has 5 assists in his last 5 matches.