Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

26 minutes ago, bennett said:

The 4th official twitter account saying that this deal will cost around £2m if it goes through, looks like we're panicking a bit.

Genuinely hilarious account that. Please don't tell me you put any credence in it?

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Your squad is stagnant with no signings put loans on top of that you end up needing 10 signings instead of 5 in the summer M8.

Sands is on an 18 month loan with an option to buy at a good age, Diallo we won't sign.

Reports are the Ramsey deal has an option to buy also, regardless of how unlikely it'll be. We definitely need to bring in new faces, but January is generally not the time you build a squad due to the inflated prices. We were never going to go out and sign 5 or 6 permanent transfers in this window.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

We'd have the same amount of players on loan that you do 😂

Pretty comfortable with our loans tbh, pretty much they all have options to buy and are good young players that who will hopefully only get better and eventually yield good profit.

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Pretty comfortable with our loans tbh, pretty much they all have options to buy and are good young players that who will hopefully only get better and eventually yield good profit.

I never had an issue with your loans, I just used it as an example of differing perspectives that people take when trying to make a point.

As I mention above, 2 of our loan deals (if Ramsey does indeed sign), will also have the option to buy. Rangers will obviously have similar hopes for Sands - 21 years old with room to improve and potential to make profit. Ramsey would be a no brainer if the numbers get sorted, which I'd obviously be sceptical about.

Edited by AJF

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I never had an issue with your loans, I just used it as an example of differing perspectives that people take when trying to make a point.

As I mention above, 2 of our loan deals (if Ramsey does indeed sign), will also have the option to buy. Rangers will obviously have similar hopes for Sands - 21 years old with room to improve and potential to make profit. Ramsay would be a no brainer if the numbers get sorted, which I'd obviously be sceptical about.

Is it a no-brainer? Its a lot of money for a guy whose best years are gone and really injury prone. You may as well do the double and grab Jack Wilshere too.

Diallo on the other hand even for the short term was a cracker.

Looks like its done anyway so i guess time will tell

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Is it a no-brainer? Its a lot of money for a guy whose best years are long gone and really injury prone. You may as well do the double and grab Jack Wilshere too.

If it's at a reasonable price, then I'd say so. I've already noted some reservations I have about bringing him in which are mainly based around this season and his ability to hit the ground running. But if we end up signing him permanently on a deal that we are comfortable with, then I think his ability could outweigh the risk attached to it.

I've also mentioned I am sceptical that we would be able to arrange a price that makes that worthwhile though, given his current wage.

Edited by AJF

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

Sands is on an 18 month loan with an option to buy at a good age, Diallo we won't sign.

Reports are the Ramsey deal has an option to buy also, regardless of how unlikely it'll be. We definitely need to bring in new faces, but January is generally not the time you build a squad due to the inflated prices. We were never going to go out and sign 5 or 6 permanent transfers in this window.

You don't seem to be picking up the point i'm making M8, the loans just adds to the problem.
The main problem is the stagnant squad.

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Is it a no-brainer? Its a lot of money for a guy whose best years are gone and really injury prone. You may as well do the double and grab Jack Wilshere too.

Looks like its done anyway so i guess time will tell

Although you’d think that, if you including International games, Ramsey has played double the career games of Wilshere and nearly 3 x times as many in top divisions.

You are correct in saying it’s a gamble though.

Found it odd at first that they are, on the face of things, using a good chunk of the nathan patterson money on high profile loans but i guess it makes sense; if everything goes hunky dory then theyll be 1st and get a crack at the CL. If it goes tits up then the loans go back and they arent left lumbered with a couple of extra (big money) wages.

Fucking hell, what a signing that could be. Could also turn out to be a waste of everyone’s time, where he’ll play a total of 62 minutes between now and May and in 7 years’ time you’ll occasionally have the “mind when Rangers signed Aaron Ramsay” conversation in the boozer, ending in someone googling it because they simply don’t remember it happening.

In all seriousness, what is he earning at Juventus and what do you suppose Rangers are paying him?

51 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Could be the best signing in scottish football for the past 10 years

Well, since Joey Barton pitched up to cigar the diddy backwater of Scottish football anyways and we all know how that worked out...............