Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

What would be a satisfactory offer for Hearts, £250k?

🆕 Club statement: John Souttar The club reiterates that John is an important member of the first-team squad and will remain so until the end of the season unless a significant and satisfactory offer is made during the January transfer window

18 minutes ago, red23 said:

i may be a couple months behind here but just come across this..........."greatest fans in the world" just after Walter Smith had died too.

Yer it got condemned as brain dead shite at the time, as you’d expect?

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Seems an age since the St Mirren game!  Curious to see the team with Helander, Jack, Roofe, Arfield and Balogun injured and Aribo unavailable.

I don't know if it'll be as big an affect as people are making out. Arfield is a player still, but I don't see him in our strongest XI anyway.

McGregor
	Tav         Goldson           Bassey           Borna
	                                   Kamara
	                        Hagi                 ????
	Wright/Sakala                                                   Kent
	                                       Alfie

Effectively looking to who sits in that gap. Lundstram can do a job there, Bacuna has looked decent in spells too. Play slightly deeper with a 4-2-3-1 and Hagi in the middle and we've lost some of the ball carrying Aribo is brilliant at, but gained some slightly better link up play imo. Play a 4-1-4-1 and put them under loads of pressure I think. I trust Kamara with it.

1 minute ago, Orbix said:

I don't know if it'll be as big an affect as people are making out. Arfield is a player still, but I don't see him in our strongest XI anyway.

McGregor
	Tav         Goldson           Bassey           Borna
	                                   Kamara
	                        Hagi                 ????
	Wright/Sakala                                                   Kent
	                                       Alfie

Effectively looking to who sits in that gap. Lundstram can do a job there, Bacuna has looked decent in spells too. Play slightly deeper with a 4-2-3-1 and Hagi in the middle and we've lost some of the ball carrying Aribo is brilliant at, but gained some slightly better link up play imo. Play a 4-1-4-1 and put them under loads of pressure I think. I trust Kamara with it.

Under Gio Arfield is 100% a starter for us in most domestic games. I think it will be Lundstram which I'm a bit nervous about but we don't have many other options. Bacuna and Hagi will be too open.

4 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Under Gio Arfield is 100% a starter for us in most domestic games. I think it will be Lundstram which I'm a bit nervous about but we don't have many other options. Bacuna and Hagi will be too open.

I just don't see it with him. Understand I'm in a bit of a minority with it.

2 minutes ago, Orbix said:

I just don't see it with him. Understand I'm in a bit of a minority with it.

We will be looking to upgrade in the summer on him but we don't really have another midfielder of Arfield's type.

So, 10 games in seems a decent number of matches to review how Gio has started.

7 wins in the league with 1 draw and a win and a draw in the Europa League seems a very good start. However, maybe last night's performance is clouding my judgement a little, but I still don't think we have hit top gear yet.

It's hard to argue with 22 points out of 24, and to be fair, we are almost through our most difficult run of fixtures until the split comes around. Coming into December, if we got by the run of fixtures we had still ahead or level with Celtic after the derby then I'd have bitten your hand off so I still think we are on course to set ourselves up quite well for the run in.

I just think there's still a wee spark missing from our play that hasn't really been there all season.

42 minutes ago, AJF said:

So, 10 games in seems a decent number of matches to review how Gio has started.

7 wins in the league with 1 draw and a win and a draw in the Europa League seems a very good start. However, maybe last night's performance is clouding my judgement a little, but I still don't think we have hit top gear yet.

It's hard to argue with 22 points out of 24, and to be fair, we are almost through our most difficult run of fixtures until the split comes around. Coming into December, if we got by the run of fixtures we had still ahead or level with Celtic after the derby then I'd have bitten your hand off so I still think we are on course to set ourselves up quite well for the run in.

I just think there's still a wee spark missing from our play that hasn't really been there all season.

Last night was a poor performance and a point gained.  Without Aribo there is a huge disconnect between midfield and attack.  There are a few players that we should be expecting far more from, Hagi being a prime offender.

It speaks volumes that with all the midfield players missing last night Lundstram is still warming the bench.  He's one of the high earners and Gerrard pushed for him to be brought in, so that one is on him.  He needs shifted, quickly.

I'm not overly concerned about last night. It was a poor performance, but the players will have been left in no uncertain terms that it wasn't good enough.