Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, Squonk said:

Well I'm really grateful for your positive endorsement, because that'll spur me on to make even more comments on your defunct club now that I know you're all completely nonplussed by the subject being brought up. That otherwise sensible chap AJF doesn't seem to like mention of your club's demise although methinks sir doth protest too much in a lot of cases.

she turned the weans against you mate aye?

The whole sevco and yer deed patter has never really bothered me. Every single relevant governing Body has stated who we are and that’s all I need and require . Other folk are free to shout and believe what they like. 

it has become totally irrelevant to me and I’m guessing the majority of Rangers since we officially won 55/stopped 10 in a row as that’s what it all really was about and boiled down to from 2012 onwards between both sets of fans.

Edited by Forever_blueco

3 minutes ago, Goomba said:

A lot of Scottish Fitba fans absolutely hate that we went down the leagues, whilst remaining the same club and keeping the titles in tact, no to mention bouncing back to the top in time to stop ten in a row.

Managing to remain the same club really gets to them :D

See my previous reply to you where I explained that a court of law determined that Rangers didn't get relegated or demoted and that there was no other construct in existence which could allow the same club to end up in the 4th tier. You're deliberately perpetuating what you know to be a lie.

17 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It gets right under RFC fans skin still, including the “club”

The mental gymnastics to argue it wasn’t the club that was liquidated really does make me laugh, I almost admire the commitment to the lie,

I don’t think it helps either how aggressively RFC and it’s fans deny it. 
Some still try to push the false narrative that RFC was relegated to Division 3 and I’m sure you even made a lower league club apologies for daring to suggest the Newco was a new club in its match programme 

Not to mention the hounding you gave Jim Spence for saying it on the radio

You can pretend it doesn’t bother you…. And I mean the collective you,

But we all know that isn’t true

The more you try to pretend it didn’t happen or rewrite the history the more people will constantly remind you about it.

Nice one @G51

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Nice one @G51

tenor.gif

I’d have thought the Sevcoites would be grateful to us for burying Spences career, given they hitched their wagon to him only for it to emerge that he was an enormous bigot.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Seen much on him? Rated?

Haven’t seen any of him before, but Josh Barrie has a good preview in the Rangers Review if you’re a subscriber.

Would seem to be a stylistic fit. It’s interesting for sure. Giving a player like that exposure in an 18 month loan and then flipping him immediately would be a smart way to do business. Like Oostende did with Hendry this summer.

Sounds a good deal all round but little surprised theres nothing about competing bids, especially from Villa (who might be stacked with right backs to be fair, barely pay attention to the #Barclays anymore). Obvious comparison is him developing into a potentially right sided version of Kieran Tierney and if Paterson comes good he'll probably cost £35M+ to get him from Everton in the future for someone.

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

The whole sevco and yer deed patter has never really bothered me. Absolutely every single relevant governing Body has stated who we are and that’s all I need and require . Other folk are free to shout and believe what they like. 

it has become totally irrelevant to me and I’m guessing the majority of Rangers since we officially won 55/stopped 10 in a row as that’s what it all really was about and boiled down to from 2012 onwards between both sets of fans.

That's entirely your prerogative.

I'd love to hear you explain how you'd feel if the exact circumstances that occurred in 2012 to Rangers had instead happened to Celtic - and I mean exactly the same right down to the tiny minutiae.

Imagine Celtic had systematically cheated their opponents on an industrial scale for more than a decade. Imagine the football authorities said there was no appetite to strip titles and trophies. Imagine Celtic went bust with multi-million pound debts but a secretive agreement was concocted to protect broadcasting rights, whereby a brand new club was permitted to pretend that it was the club that had just become defunct .  Would you have accepted that Celtic and its fans had suffered enough?

Would your fellow fans? The world's most bitter, twisted, entitled and deluded fans? Absolutely no chance! There'd have been rioting on the streets, carnage in George Square, cars and buildings set on fire etc.

As a non-cheeks fan myself, those are the acid tests.

31 minutes ago, Goomba said:

A lot of Scottish Fitba fans absolutely hate that we went down the leagues, whilst remaining the same club and keeping the titles in tact, no to mention bouncing back to the top in time to stop ten in a row.

Managing to remain the same club really gets to them :D

Absolutely huge vibes of

image.jpeg.4f210199c2726cf60be38672a35048c7.jpeg

29 minutes ago, G51 said:

Anyway, moving on to the actual good stuff: James Sands is about to sign. 18 month loan deal with an option to buy, per Jordan Campbell.

Seems like a good deal that means we aren't taking a huge risk. I think it would cost maybe £4m-£5m to buy him but perhaps the buy option is more than that.

Not particularly excited for the shite da jokes about his surname though...

10 minutes ago, Squonk said:

I'd love to hear you explain how you'd feel if the exact circumstances that occurred in 2012 to Rangers had instead happened to Celtic - and I mean exactly the same right down to the tiny minutiae.

Imagine Celtic had systematically cheated their opponents on an industrial scale for more than a decade. Imagine the football authorities said there was no appetite to strip titles and trophies. Imagine Celtic went bust with multi-million pound debts but a secretive agreement was concocted to protect broadcasting rights, whereby a brand new club was permitted to pretend that it was the club that had just become defunct .  Would you have accepted that Celtic and its fans had suffered enough?

Would your fellow fans? The world's most bitter, twisted, entitled and deluded fans? Absolutely no chance! There'd have been rioting on the streets, carnage in George Square, cars and buildings set on fire etc.

There was no cheating - Rangers acted in good faith.  Yes, it was found to be unlawful, but that's not the same as cheating, which requires intent.

There was also no brand new club.

Those may be the acid tests, but Rangers pass with flying colours.

Hard lines, lol.

11 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Mate honestly I don’t give a f**k 

3 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Seems like a good deal that means we aren't taking a huge risk. I think it would cost maybe £4m-£5m to buy him but perhaps the buy option is more than that.

Not particularly excited for the shite da jokes about his surname though...

My guess behind the logic of the deal is that the option will be high (possibly £6m). The theory will be if he adapts well then we’ll pay that and sell him on. NYCFC benefit cos they’ll get more money for him than they would if he stayed in the MLS - they have a tough time selling direct to Europe. We benefit from a good player and make a profit on him. Sands benefits from the move to a better league.

If hes shite, we send him back and NYCFC retain a good player for their level.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

My guess behind the logic of the deal is that the option will be high (possibly £6m). The theory will be if he adapts well then we’ll pay that and sell him on. NYCFC benefit cos they’ll get more money for him than they would if he stayed in the MLS - they have a tough time selling direct to Europe. We benefit from a good player and make a profit on him. Sands benefits from the move to a better league.

If hes shite, we send him back and NYCFC retain a good player for their level.

He seems very highly rated by MLS fans anyway. I'd say our record with American players is half decent but the only ones we've bought direct from the MLS have been Edu and Polster.