Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I know that she likes selfies but getting one with Elton John is pretty decent tbf.

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Politics thread for this pish.

B32C5799-BF15-4D9A-BEAC-51278D8EE978.png

2 hours ago, Squonk said:

Ok, I'll humour you. Explain in what way the company is vitally important and indispensable, rather than meaningless and expendable, if there are no consequences for the club to its demise, and another ten-a-penny, off-the-shelf company can simply replace it and attach itself, leech-like, to the immortal metaphysical club model you invented nearly a decade ago. 

Keep on fighting the good fight mate.

20 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Behave.

I don’t think it’s that preposterous of an idea to believe we have players that could fetch similar or more money than Patterson. Particularly in the case of Aribo who, if he carries on his current form, I’d be expecting to see teams come sniffing in the summer. While his contract may limit what we could get, I still think we’d be looking at £10m+.

49 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Your dismissive thoughts, and those of your sidekicks, translate into; "Why do we have to keep going over the same old ground, regurgitating the same tired old circular arguments?"

Well the succinct answer to that is that I for one will never tire of reminding you that your original football club died an ignominious and self-inflicted death, regardless of the re-writing of history and air-brushing of inconvenient facts that has taken place ever since.

But then, I guess you already know that, as, unlike me, you'll have to live with the burden of the lie until your dying breath. 

me living with the burden of the lie

PJWasEm.jpg

3 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Lance Armstrong living with the burden of the lie.

image.png.35e761442da2519212f62dfda23dd7bc.png

I think it’s kinda telling that you and other Sevco obsessives think that Rangers fans even think about the events of 2012 anymore.

While it’s a daily obsession for you, I can’t even remember the last time I cared about it and I’d suspect every Rangers fan is the same. Literally nobody cares anymore lol

I don’t get why everyone is getting so upset about this Patterson transfer? 

Twitter has literally erupted in an outpouring of denial, some very upset individuals. 

My favourite theory is that it’s all been some sort of ploy from the SFA to enhance Patterson’s value and Clarke’s hand was forced to play him. 

Also people saying big Tony the donkey should be worth 20 million if comparing to Patterson, deary me. 

Edited by Mean Gene

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

I think it’s kinda telling that you and other Sevco obsessives think that Rangers fans even think about the events of 2012 anymore.

While it’s a daily obsession for you, I can’t even remember the last time I cared about it and I’d suspect every Rangers fan is the same. Literally nobody cares anymore lol

Every single full time sevcoist on this site I just imagine looks like the gamer character out of South Park 

sitting there thinking they are Scottish footballs answer to wikileaks posting daily record front page headlines , Copy and pasting Gretna’s Wikipedia entry and telling us how Lance Armstrong got found guilty of doping 😂

D9225C5A-0FD6-4957-8ED1-AD7103C22BAB.jpeg

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

It gets right under RFC fans skin still, including the “club”

The mental gymnastics to argue it wasn’t the club that was liquidated really does make me laugh, I almost admire the commitment to the lie,

I don’t think it helps either how aggressively RFC and it’s fans deny it. 
Some still try to push the false narrative that RFC was relegated to Division 3 and I’m sure you even made a lower league club apologies for daring to suggest the Newco was a new club in its match programme 

Not to mention the hounding you gave Jim Spence for saying it on the radio

You can pretend it doesn’t bother you…. And I mean the collective you,

But we all know that isn’t true

The more you try to pretend it didn’t happen or rewrite the history the more people will constantly remind you about it.

6 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Every single full time sevcoist on this site I just imagine looks like the gamer character out of South Park 

sitting there thinking they are Scottish footballs answer to wikileaks posting daily record front page headlines , Copy and pasting Gretna’s Wikipedia entry and telling us how Lance Armstrong got found guilty of doping 😂

D9225C5A-0FD6-4957-8ED1-AD7103C22BAB.jpeg

My picture is more like those lads who maintain modding communities for games that came out 20 years ago and nobody plays anymore. Everyone else moved on to Oblivion and Skyrim, but these lads are still playing Morrowind every day. 

It’s nice in some ways, but in others it’s also just kind of sad and you know that they’ll never feel the touch of another human again

3 hours ago, Squonk said:

Ok, I'll humour you. Explain in what way the company is vitally important and indispensable, rather than meaningless and expendable, if there are no consequences for the club to its demise, and another ten-a-penny, off-the-shelf company can simply replace it and attach itself, leech-like, to the immortal metaphysical club model you invented nearly a decade ago. 

The company can indeed be changed, but this still doesn't make it meaningless and expendable.  You can't really have shareholders/investment without having a company, so that's some meaning there for a start.

Rangers changed from a Limited Company to a PLC in 2000 but the club remained the same there too.  They are separate things.

It's funny how you lot hold onto this though :D

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

You can pretend it doesn’t bother you…. And I mean the collective you,

But we all know that isn’t true

The more you try to pretend it didn’t happen or rewrite the history the more people will constantly remind you about it.

It’s a two way street, as I think the same argument can be applied to other Scottish football fans.

No matter how much they may protest otherwise, deep down, they still recognise Rangers as the same club they’ve always disliked.

This only highlights how futile an argument the whole thing is.

Just now, AJF said:

It’s a two way street, as I think the same argument can be applied to other Scottish football fans.

No matter how much they may protest otherwise, deep down, they still recognise Rangers as the same club they’ve always disliked.

This only highlights how futile an argument the whole thing is.

I don’t really bother with the sevco patter

Im just not a fan of the attempting to rewrite history of what happened by RFC and it’s fans 

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It gets right under RFC fans skin still, including the “club”

But it just doesn’t lol. It’s just become another part of the usual bickering you see between fans. People always overestimate their ability to wind other people up. 

If I heard someone come out with Sevco patter in real life, I’d probably cringe quite hard. It would get the same reaction as someone using YOLO or some shit.

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

I don’t really bother with the sevco patter

Im just not a fan of the attempting to rewrite history of what happened by RFC and it’s fans 

Which I’d say is an entirely fair opinion.

A lot of Scottish Fitba fans absolutely hate that we went down the leagues, whilst remaining the same club and keeping the titles in tact, no to mention bouncing back to the top in time to stop ten in a row.

Managing to remain the same club really gets to them :D

28 minutes ago, G51 said:

Well I'm really grateful for your positive endorsement, because that'll spur me on to make even more comments on your defunct club now that I know you're all completely nonplussed by the subject being brought up. That otherwise sensible chap AJF doesn't seem to like mention of your club's demise although methinks sir doth protest too much in a lot of cases.