Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

10 hours ago, G51 said:

Romano guesses the whole time. When he’s late on a story, you know he’s guessing and isn’t in the loop, same as all journalists when they’re late on something.

lol

Yeah just seen that.

No brainer that deal then, huge potential but still not played enough to know if he'll ever actually fulfill it.

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

What was the the last record fee in the Sevco era? Im struggling to think of any other than that Lewis Mcleod but guessing Im missing somebody obvious.

I think we got 1 or 2m for Windass.

Edited by AJF

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah just seen that.

No brainer that deal then, huge potential but still not played enough to know if he'll ever actually fulfill it.

I don’t know. I think he’s looked excellent for Scotland. I’d say he’s somewhat more than just a prospect at this point. 

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t know. I think he’s looked excellent for Scotland. I’d say he’s somewhat more than just a prospect at this point. 

I don't think he's even played 20 senior games yet.

Challenge comes when you're asked to perform consistently at senior level, and have to adjust your game. I think he'll turn out great and hope he does, but it's a gamble for Everton and you can see why Rangers didn't take the risk with the money involved. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think he's even played 20 senior games yet.

Challenge comes when you're asked to perform consistently at senior level, and have to adjust your game. I think he'll turn out great and hope he does, but it's a gamble for Everton and you can see why Rangers didn't take the risk with the money involved. 

Yeah, you can. It’s a good bit of work by them, for once.  I’m sure if I was a Rangers fan, I’d rather they kept him and flogged Tavernier. But £12m is £12m. 

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah, you can. It’s a good bit of work by them, for once.  I’m sure if I was a Rangers fan, I’d rather they kept him and flogged Tavernier. But £12m is £12m. 

All joking aside, Rangers have admitted they need to sell. They won't get as much as this for anyone else and he could break his leg next week. 

Rangers had to sell IMO. Especially considering he's the 2nd choice right back.

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Why flog tavernier? He is one of our most consistent performers and even during his “off form” period earlier this season his stats were still consistent for goals and assists. Under gio his defensive side has started to look more like tav of last season 

and he’s the captain . You can’t flog your captain half way through a season IMO. Could easily cause a bit of unrest in the dressing room 

Edited by Forever_blueco

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

All joking aside, Rangers have admitted they need to sell. They won't get as much as this for anyone else and he could break his leg next week. 

Rangers had to sell IMO. Especially considering he's the 2nd choice right back.

All joking aside you say then state they won’t get as much for anyone else. What about aribo, Morelos and Kent. They should get more than £12million for each of them if they want to sell.

5 minutes ago, True Dat said:

All joking aside you say then state they won’t get as much for anyone else. What about aribo, Morelos and Kent. They should get more than £12million for each of them if they want to sell.

Contract situation depending as all those 3 players have 18 months left on their deals which will lower what we could get. We did already turn down a bid for Morelos of more than that though and Gio seems to have got him in much better goalscoring form.