Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

It’s pretty funny seeing some of the comments on social media coming from Celtic fans who are saying we are desperate for selling him at the reported price despite telling us in the summer we should’ve bit Everton’s hand off when they bid £5m 😂

Fair play to @The_Kincardine, NY holidays, he’s got a bit bored, now the family entertainment is behind him for another year so instead starts calling all the boys to the yard and - guess what? - it all kicks off. He has so many on strings. 

And credit too to the other Rangers boys for being able to convene a rational discussion about young Patterson when all around are losing their heids. 

24 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Fair play to @The_Kincardine, NY holidays, he’s got a bit bored, now the family entertainment is behind him for another year so instead starts calling all the boys to the yard and - guess what? - it all kicks off. He has so many on strings. 

Oh FFS!  I suppose you know me too well...

40 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

And credit too to the other Rangers boys for being able to convene a rational discussion about young Patterson when all around are losing their heids. 

So we’re saying it was all a troll? I’m shocked, stunned and disappointed frankly. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Aye, if we haven’t included a sell-on for a player so young then it’s a big issue. I’m fairly confident we will have, though.

You have to have, otherwise its negligence.

19 minutes ago, G51 said:

There’s 100% a sell-on clause in the deal. Everyone who would know is saying there is, and Fabrizio Romano would not.

Hes usually spot on with EPL news tbf, and without being funny I'd believe him more than the "Heart and Hand podcast", which is quite clearly just a mouthpiece for the club to spread stories these days.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You have to have, otherwise its negligence.

Hes usually spot on with EPL news tbf, and without being funny I'd believe him more than the "Heart and Hand podcast", which is quite clearly just a mouthpiece for the club to spread stories these days.

He’s the guy responsible for fabricating this whole Lukaku thing.

He gets his stories from agents. The agent briefed the journos earlier when Paul Joyce and Scott Burns etc broke it. Romano came in hours later. I’m confident I know which one I’d believe.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

He gets his stories from agents. The agent briefed the journos earlier when Paul Joyce and Scott Burns etc broke it. Romano came in hours later. I’m confident I know which one I’d believe.

What did he fabricate about the Lukaku thing exactly?

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

Heart and Hand aren't unbiased so any neutral isn't going to believe them. They're on the Rangers payroll, officially, so are just used an unofficial mouthpiece to spread propaganda. 

The club tell them what to say.

I'll believe the entirely neutral reporter who has close links to agents and clubs all over Europe and who regularly reports EPL news correctly over that, thanks.

Naturally disappointing to see a young talent like him leave. From a progression perspective, this could be a good move for him. If he received the same amount of playing time I’m the 2nd half of the season as he did in the first, he could quickly stagnate. It’s probably the best time to sell.

I predict that Rangers will reinvest part of the fee into a position where they anticipate losing a first team player in the summer. It’s almost inevitable regardless of qualification to the group stages of the Champions League. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Heart and Hand aren't unbiased so any neutral isn't going to believe them. They're on the Rangers payroll, officially, so are just used an unofficial mouthpiece to spread propaganda. 

The club tell them what to say.

I'll believe the entirely neutral reporter who has close links to agents and clubs all over Europe and who regularly reports EPL news correctly over that, thanks.

Yes I’m aware of how H&H get their information thanks. You’ll note it’s the same way pretty much every journalist gets information - the people at the clubs tell them what they want them to say. So believing this price is no different to believing any other price that a team says they get for a player.

Also, propaganda lol - it’s a football team, not a government!!

Romano guesses the whole time. When he’s late on a story, you know he’s guessing and isn’t in the loop, same as all journalists when they’re late on something.

Above all else though, who cares lol. It’s not like any of the cash will be used to buy Scotlands best right back Shaun Rooney.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Aye, if we haven’t included a sell-on for a player so young then it’s a big issue. I’m fairly confident we will have, though.

The deal stalled briefly as there had been a “stumbling block” which you would naturally assume was Rangers (rightly) playing hardball over what the % sell-on clause would be. Seems to be done and dusted now though.

Good money tbf for someone who isn’t your first choice and a good move for the boy too considering he’s having to bide his time behind Tavernier.

Would be mental to imagine a deal done without a sell on fee considering his age and potential. 

Good luck to him

According to top sources like rugger guy, blue room guy, square mile guy and goodison guy the fee that the Sevco high command will receive will be around £2m dear readers. Which will keep the lights on for another month or so, this intrepid journalist will keep on digging.

Please donate.