Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Silly bhoy.  The fudged decision was for the Boxing Day fixtures to go ahead.

Given the relatively short notice afforded and the negotiation with TV companies it was the earliest date agreed by the stakeholders that the league could come to. 

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Given the relatively short notice afforded and the negotiation with TV companies it was the earliest date agreed by the stakeholders the league could come to. 

Wasn’t it because they couldn’t find dates for 3 possible rearranged fixtures when taking into account both us and you are still in Europe and any possible progression 

Edited by Forever_blueco

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd like you to talk me through how postponing some games - but not all - is "totally justified.".

I’d say the burden of proof is on you to explain how a majority vote of the shareholders, that included an option to postpone all games, is unfair. 

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

It wasn’t . It was because they couldn’t find dates for 3 possible rearranged fixtures when taking into account both us and you are still in Europe and any possible progression 

Sorry I think you are answering a totally different question? And tbh I dont even know what the question is

Edited by gannonball

10 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

There were a number of teenagers from Kennoway, if i remember right, involved in the crush that day who never came home.  Irrespective of your team, any disaster that happens where people go out to watch a game of football should be given due reverence by all fans of the game.  Also Heysel, Hillsborough and Bradford.

I'm old enough to remember the Ibrox incident and remember the outpouring for the Kennoway guys who were not much older than myself at the time. 

It was Markinch mate.

5 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Some fine sevcoing for a New year morning at half past 7 

clear dedication to the cause 

As it was clearly the beginning of the year in which the fans of l'equipe nouveau could celebrate a significant birthday, i thought offering my best wishes to you all for achieving "the 10" was both magnanimous and heartfelt.  If you choose to not accept the corporate law de facto evidence, then that's something you have to reconcile with yourself.  As the saying goes "there are none so blind . . . . . . . . . . ."

Perhaps the Oracle of all worldly things, wee stauner (who is currently polluting the politics threads), could offer you a case for the defence.

8 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

There were a number of teenagers from Kennoway, if i remember right, involved in the crush that day who never came home.  Irrespective of your team, any disaster that happens where people go out to watch a game of football should be given due reverence by all fans of the game.  Also Heysel, Hillsborough and Bradford.

I'm old enough to remember the Ibrox incident and remember the outpouring for the Kennoway guys who were not much older than myself at the time. 

Markinch - but close.  When I look back on 1971  I want to wrap my three in cotton wool - but you can't.

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

£12m rising to £16m plus a sell-on for Patterson, can’t turn that kind of money down 

In two minds about this if it happens.  He has the potential to develop into a top player for us but that amount of money is too good to turn down for player is usually on the bench.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d say the burden of proof is on you to explain how a majority vote of the shareholders, that included an option to postpone all games, is unfair. 

I never used the word 'unfair'.  It was, though, imbecilic.  But that's the SPFL for you..

8 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

As it was clearly the beginning of the year in which the fans of l'equipe nouveau could celebrate a significant birthday, i thought offering my best wishes to you all for achieving "the 10" was both magnanimous and heartfelt.  If you choose to not accept the corporate law de facto evidence, then that's something you have to reconcile with yourself.  As the saying goes "there are none so blind . . . . . . . . . . ."

Perhaps the Oracle of all worldly things, wee stauner (who is currently polluting the politics threads), could offer you a case for the defence.

I have no idea what you are on about but charge on 

keep on sevcoing

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

In two minds about this if it happens.  He has the potential to develop into a top player for us but that amount of money is too good to turn down for player is usually on the bench.

I think it's a no brainer, unfortunately. We haven't been able to sell a player for money like that yet and for our business model to start working properly, we need to. 

If that money allows us to potentially bring a player in in January and offer Aribo an improved deal to protect ourselves, then I'm all for it. 

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I think it's a no brainer, unfortunately. We haven't been able to sell a player for money like that yet and for our business model to start working properly, we need to. 

If that money allows us to potentially bring a player in in January and offer Aribo an improved deal to protect ourselves, then I'm all for it. 

Aye, if the reported fees are to be believed then it’s not something we can turn down to be fair.

31 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Sorry I think you are answering a totally different question? And tbh I dont even know what the question is

Weren’t you discussing The reason the Boxing Day fixtures went ahead ?Sure I read it was because trying to find 3 dates for rearranged fixtures was proving to be a bit of a headache once they took into account our possible European fixtures should either of us progress and dates saved for inevitable Scottish cup replays 

Edited by Forever_blueco

39 minutes ago, G51 said:

£12m rising to £16m plus a sell-on for Patterson, can’t turn that kind of money down 

It's a mental fee given the amount of football he's played. That type of fee is one that you'd struggle to gather for even some first team players. I'm sure it wasn't long ago that £15m for Morelos was seen as good money and that was when he was in top form. £16m + a sell on in a league where  average players regularly go for 30m+ could mean that a guy that's played about 15 games at 20 could pull you in 20m+. Utterly mental.

I've been sitting thinking the same about Dykes down south too, we've got a sell on for him and have netted 2.3m guaranteed fees so far from the deal. If he goes for 20m+ we'll be talking about that fee scratching 5m+. Good to see Scottish clubs now holding out for true value on players (at least in comparison to down south). Not to mention if QPR go up we're due another 500k-1m apparently :D 

Edited by ATLIS

46 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd like you to talk me through how postponing some games - but not all - is "totally justified.".

Well, one more time. The Boxing Day fixtures were not postponed because, in the interests of Celtic and Rangers, if either or both went deep into the Europa And Conference Leagues, a fixture pile up would have ensued for one or both them.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Well, one more time. The Boxing Day fixtures were not postponed because, in the interests of Celtic and Rangers, if either or both went deep into the Europa And Conference Leagues, a fixture pile up would have ensued for one or both them.

It's the big Rangers thread.  All views are welcome.  You know this.  We are, after all, the most accommodating fans on P&B.  Again, you know this.

That's just a silly idea.  The result of the ballot of diddies and idiots was simply a fudge.  You'd feel happier  just to acknowledge it.

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It's a mental fee given the amount of football he's played. That type of fee is one that you'd struggle to gather for even some first team players. I'm sure it wasn't long ago that £15m for Morelos was seen as good money and that was when he was in top form. £16m + a sell on in a league where  average players regularly go for 30m+ could mean that a guy that's played about 15 games at 20 could pull you in 20m+. Utterly mental.

I've been sitting thinking the same about Dykes down south too, we've got a sell on for him and have netted 2.3m guaranteed fees so far from the deal. If he goes for 20m+ we'll be talking about that fee scratching 5m+. Good to see Scottish clubs now holding out for true value on players (at least in comparison to down south). Not to mention if QPR go up we're due another 500k-1m apparently :D 

And for Scotland’s point of view look at how well KT, Robbo, McGinn, Dykes and Gilmour have grown as players. Hopefully Patterson will be the same (as well as very rich)

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It’s a great deal by Wilson. Setting the market with that kind of deal means you can demand higher fees for your first team regulars. I think it’s a deal that really works for everyone - Rangers set the market, Everton get a great prospect that can start Day 1 and Patterson becomes mega rich and has a much easier path to first team football. It’s just unlucky for Patterson that he was competing against a Jenga piece for game time.

RE: Dykes - he always looked a good player once he carved out that role at Livi, but if you’d told me that he was going to do this well for a Mark Warburton team… I would not have believed that. It’s a credit to Dykes - he wasn’t just one dimensional.