Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

And it’s partisan views like this that have me absolutely bemused on this scenario. 

It can only be explained by the fact you wanted to play at an empty Celtic park. Which makes your opinion irrelevant. 

Full stadium or not I would have rather played Celtic on the 2nd January with a bank holiday the following day . Now it’s crammed in some mid week in February . And the pittodrie game a Tuesday in January rather than that wonderful period of not having a clue what time , day or year it is between Christmas and new year .

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Full stadium or not I would have rather played Celtic on the 2nd January with a bank holiday the following day . Now it’s crammed in some mid week in February . And the pittodrie game a Tuesday in January rather than that wonderful period of not having a clue what time , day or year it is between Christmas and new year .

Well yeah, so would all of us want it to be then. But having no fans is absolutely shite and a big financial burden for lots of clubs. 

Edited by Dons_1988

36 minutes ago, bennett said:

If celtic do apply for a postponement I wonder how it will be spun, after Doncaster recently said that there isn't room for any more postponements.....

CELTIC look set to have a decision to make which could force the upcoming derby with Rangers to be postponed AGAIN.

The sides were due to meet tomorrow at Parkhead in an eagerly anticipated second Old Firm of the campaign.

Celtic  rightly lead the way in pushing for the introduction of the winter break early after the Scottish government’s decision to cap attendances at 500.

That caused a mass rescheduling of festive games, with the clash against Rangers moved to February 2.

But that date coincides with World Cup qualifying on the other side of the world, as well as the African Cup of Nations.

Joe Aribo will be there with Nigeria and given they are expected to go far, it looks unlikely he will be back for then.

Leon Balogun and Calvin Bassey are both out the squad and could feature for Gers.

But it could be up to the Hoops if they look for a postponement given they could be without FIVE regular stars due to international duty – Covid travel rules dependant

CELTIC boss Ange Postecoglou admits Kyogo Furuhashi and Tom Rogic are NOT in his Old Firm battle plans.

The Aussie confirmed Hoops fans’ worst fears when he revealed that his Japanese Bhoys and countryman Rogic will almost certainly miss the rearranged game just a day after Japan host Saudi Arabia and Australia face Oman in crunch World Cup qualifiers.

Much could still hinge on whether the Japanese government allows the JFA to bring in players from overseas.

But reports suggest that’s increasingly likely. With Rogic a cert to be drafted in by Australia, it could leave Postecoglou without four key players.

It’s a massive blow for the boss, although he hopes to have injured trio Jota, James Forrest and Christopher Jullien back.

Postecoglou said: “That has been in our planning for a while. We’ve known that they are going to be away in that period if they get selected. It’s a World Cup game, so there are no negotiations.

“We are obliged to release them and we will.”

Edited by Drew Brees

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

And it’s partisan views like this that have me absolutely bemused on this scenario. 

It can only be explained by the fact you wanted to play at an empty Celtic park. Which makes your opinion irrelevant. 

What a silly post.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well yeah, so would all of us want it to be then. But having no fans is absolutely shite and a big financial burden for lots of clubs. 

I get that

but really don’t think either of these rearranged games will have anywhere near full capacity or any of the actual scheduled fixtures for that period 

Edited by Forever_blueco

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

What a silly post.

I’m not the one being melodramatic over a majority vote to reschedule a few fixtures. 

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I get that

but really don’t think either of these rearranged games will have anywhere near full capacity 

Possibly not, and that’s part of the gamble in the decisions made. It’s an imperfect decision, I think it’s worth making the effort to give us the best chance of fans being there. 

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No drama -or even melodrama.

The decision was wrong and shame on you for trying to justify it.

It was absolutely justified hence the support of the vast majority of clubs/companies.

Edited by gannonball

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No drama -or even melodrama.

The decision was wrong and shame on you for trying to justify it.

Anyone looking at the decision logically would say it was totally justified. Anyone wanting a guaranteed match away to Celtic in front of 500 fans would not. Anyway, the chances are that you will still get your wish of only 500 fans...but maybe not.

32 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

You do realise that there would have been no Rangers fans at either game?

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd like you to talk me through how postponing some games - but not all - is "totally justified.".

All premiership games have been postponed for the same period of time? If you start grasping at other leagues then sorry you are they very definition of scrambling for relevance. 

Just now, gannonball said:

All premiership games have been postponed for the same period of time? If you start grasping at other leagues then sorry you are they very definition of scrambling for relevance. 

Silly bhoy.  The fudged decision was for the Boxing Day fixtures to go ahead.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Imagine wanting games to be played with no fans rather than waiting emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

What an absolute minter for any "football fan"

Ooops. The hysterical Falkirk Borrower kicking in with a post of ignorance.  There's a surprise.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Horrible day in Glasgow in every respect - from the weather to what happened on stairway 13 - and I've shed a wee tear each year since.  I was 11 and had never really known or appreciated public tragedy so personally before.

I didn't appreciate it at the time but, looking back at archived new reports etc, one has to give credit to Jock Stein for working tirelessly to try and help injured people.  He showed that basic humanity transcends petty rivalry and he will always have my respect.  The only silver lining in a dreadful cloud.

There were a number of teenagers from Kennoway, if i remember right, involved in the crush that day who never came home.  Irrespective of your team, any disaster that happens where people go out to watch a game of football should be given due reverence by all fans of the game.  Also Heysel, Hillsborough and Bradford.

I'm old enough to remember the Ibrox incident and remember the outpouring for the Kennoway guys who were not much older than myself at the time. 

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that there would have been no Rangers fans at either game?

Yes 

haven’t been near parkhead since the allocation cut so full house or not makes no difference to me 

Aberdeen I had a ticket sorted for before Nicola got on her soapbox . So was gutted but would rather it still went ahead in the festive period where I can watch it in a pub without worrying about work the following morning than a Tuesday in January. 

This is my own selfish preferences though so take it however you wish