Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣 Hysterical nonsense.

It's well known that teams have done the bare minimum required to try and ensure a call off in the past. 

I remember a team that died had the league fixtures moved to suit them as they had done fantastic in Europe. They then complained that they weren't extended further. The only team this suited was their own yet fans of that club still moan about it when given the chance at our work.

Have i not already said in this very thread that my team is also guilty of putting their own needs before the fans, im definitely sure i have done so, still doesn't change the fact the league is now struggling for fixture dates due to the clubs decisions 

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The fact we have adults capable of intelligent thought actually buying this narrative is truly mind blowing 😂

Basketball Howling GIF by Worcester Wolves

Didn't you spout the "for the fans" nonsense, only to wish the fans fucked over a mere 2 sentences later on the same post 

The fact you wont admit your club made their choice with the fans last thing in mind is hilarious, 

2 hours ago, Squonk said:

I can only imagine. Charles Of Normandy's purchase of a basket of distressed assets must rank alongside being duped by David Murray, Craig Whyte and Dave King as enduring highlights in the short history of Scotland's youngest senior football club.

maxresdefault.jpg

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Because Old firm.

@54_and_countingshould just have said he'd rather play an under strength Celtic at a near empty Parkhead. Don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid. 

Obviously i would have, thats the luck of the fixture draw, celtic played an under strength rangers in the first game, no manger and half our coaching staff isolating, the near empty parkhead is irrelevant, last full house parkhead old firm game we beat them as well, 

And I have said this already, in the other thread as well, 

Just now, 54_and_counting said:

Obviously i would have, thats the luck of the fixture draw, celtic played an under strength rangers in the first game, no manger and half our coaching staff isolating, the near empty parkhead is irrelevant, last full house parkhead old firm game we beat them as well, 

And I have said this already, in the other thread as well, 

What happened last time against Celtic is irrelevant though.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s harsh. I’m sure his sole concern is the scheduling of hypothetical postponed matches. 

Given this was a discussion about the league board and clubs making the choice i am more than capable of stepping away from my club backing and debate it as a neutral

And my point stands, the league ceo has came out and said there is literally no more room for fixture manoeuvres, then the league forced a covid ridden st mirren and a covid decimated dundee to fulfill its fixtures to keep the integrity of the league going

Whats the point in the league board being there if the clubs can simply go around it, mine included 

16 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Have i not already said in this very thread that my team is also guilty of putting their own needs before the fans, im definitely sure i have done so, still doesn't change the fact the league is now struggling for fixture dates due to the clubs decisions 

Didn't you spout the "for the fans" nonsense, only to wish the fans fucked over a mere 2 sentences later on the same post 

The fact you wont admit your club made their choice with the fans last thing in mind is hilarious, 

No i didn’t why would i ever push for something that would guarantee i would be fucked over? 

I explained to you previously i have no desire to see games behind closed doors, paid enough money and missed enough games due to covid to want to see it happen again so if the winter break rescheduling affords me a better chance of getting back then i’m for it. It isn’t a difficult viewpoint to understand.

I obviously have no control over the decision making after the winter break that determines if we can get back or not however i’ll be fucking gutted if i can’t but that doesn’t mean bringing the break forward wasn’t a gamble worth taking 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The point is the fixtures are the fixtures, barring things outwith your control you play them when they are due to be played

The league has literally shut down for two fixture cards "for the fans" while simultaneously absolutely shafting dundee and st mirren, not to mention the fans locked out on boxing day

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Because Old firm.

@54_and_countingshould just have said he'd rather play an under strength Celtic at a near empty Parkhead. Don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s harsh. I’m sure his sole concern is the scheduling of hypothetical postponed matches. 

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣

I'm now raging we tried to get a game against a depleted Dundee side postponed. #cormackout

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve still no idea why bringing forward the winter break has caused so many heads to explode. 

Another 2 weeks of this will cause my head to explode. 

5 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The point is the fixtures are the fixtures, barring things outwith your control you play them when they are due to be played

The league has literally shut down for two fixture cards "for the fans" while simultaneously absolutely shafting dundee and st mirren, not to mention the fans locked out on boxing day

Barring things out with your control. Such as a pandemic. Glad we finally agree.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Another 2 weeks of this will cause my head to explode. 

Every cloud.

12 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Given this was a discussion about the league board and clubs making the choice i am more than capable of stepping away from my club backing and debate it as a neutral

And my point stands, the league ceo has came out and said there is literally no more room for fixture manoeuvres, then the league forced a covid ridden st mirren and a covid decimated dundee to fulfill its fixtures to keep the integrity of the league going

Whats the point in the league board being there if the clubs can simply go around it, mine included 

Well if you wanted to have a wider discussion about the constitution of the SPFL I’d be happy to engage. But ultimately it’s like any other business, the board are there to carry out the agenda set by the shareholders. The shareholders don’t currently want to give the board the autonomy to make certain decisions.

So it’s not the clubs ‘going around the board’, they are just making a decision the board didn’t have the power to make. 

And to be fair, the postponements are a gamble with the scheduling but it’s a judgement call against the money lost from playing in empty stadiums. I’d have made the same call but equally i wouldn’t have been overly bothered if they hadn’t done it. 

Isn’t there already talk of the February 2nd fixture being rearranged because both teams are going to have so many players away on international duty ? 

excuse me not being up to date on this but I was actually out being all pished and merry over new year rather than sevcoing my way through it 

13 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Isn’t there already talk of the February 2nd fixture being rearranged because both teams are going to have so many players away on international duty ? 

excuse me not being up to date on this but I was actually out being all pished and merry over new year rather than sevcoing my way through it 

Talk of it however i wouldn’t imagine so. Rangers as far as i understand now only have 1 player going away to the AFCON and Celtic will be without Rogic and possibly the Japanese players if they change their stance on only selecting Japan based players. 

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Talk of it however i wouldn’t imagine so. Rangers as far as i understand now only have 1 player going away to the AFCON and Celtic will be without Rogic and possibly the Japanese players if they change their stance on only selecting Japan based players. 

So the likely misses will be Rogic and Aribo. Interesting that both play an almost similar role for both teams and in recent weeks have seemed to be the players that have both teams clicking when they are on their game 

Edited by Forever_blueco

If celtic do apply for a postponement I wonder how it will be spun, after Doncaster recently said that there isn't room for any more postponements.....

CELTIC look set to have a decision to make which could force the upcoming derby with Rangers to be postponed AGAIN.

The sides were due to meet tomorrow at Parkhead in an eagerly anticipated second Old Firm of the campaign.

Celtic  rightly lead the way in pushing for the introduction of the winter break early after the Scottish government’s decision to cap attendances at 500.

That caused a mass rescheduling of festive games, with the clash against Rangers moved to February 2.

But that date coincides with World Cup qualifying on the other side of the world, as well as the African Cup of Nations.

Joe Aribo will be there with Nigeria and given they are expected to go far, it looks unlikely he will be back for then.

Leon Balogun and Calvin Bassey are both out the squad and could feature for Gers.

But it could be up to the Hoops if they look for a postponement given they could be without FIVE regular stars due to international duty – Covid travel rules dependant

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well if you wanted to have a wider discussion about the constitution of the SPFL I’d be happy to engage. But ultimately it’s like any other business, the board are there to carry out the agenda set by the shareholders. The shareholders don’t currently want to give the board the autonomy to make certain decisions.

So it’s not the clubs ‘going around the board’, they are just making a decision the board didn’t have the power to make. 

And to be fair, the postponements are a gamble with the scheduling but it’s a judgement call against the money lost from playing in empty stadiums. I’d have made the same call but equally i wouldn’t have been overly bothered if they hadn’t done it. 

This is the sort of nonsense that allows Doncaster et al to get away with being absolutely shite at their job.

Postponing some fixtures - but not all - was a dreadful idea with no saving grace.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is the sort of nonsense that allows Doncaster et al to get away with being absolutely shite at their job.

Postponing some fixtures - but not all - was a dreadful idea with no saving grace.

And it’s partisan views like this that have me absolutely bemused on this scenario. 

It can only be explained by the fact you wanted to play at an empty Celtic park. Which makes your opinion irrelevant.