Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

12 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

The Billys are making Timothys meltdown when Rodgers left look like a tiny shrug of the shoulders..

Grown men assaulting cardboard cut outs, crying on the radio, smashing pictures... Actually admitting to having a cardboard cutout of Gerrard in your bedroom, fuckin hell😂

Where is the dignity? Especially the week that's in it...

Has anyone got an enigma machine handy?

Again just demonstrating how blinkered and delusional both twisted sisters are when they continue to insist they are among the biggest clubs in the universe and questioning why anyone with an ounce of ambition would leave them to go to a middling English premiership club.

Villa have a more loyal fan base. They have struggled in the lower reaches of the premiership for many years but still attract around 40,000 to their home games.

I remember when the old rangers were struggling badly pre Souness and attracted 8-10,000 staunch fans to run of the mill games at Ibrox (the glory hunters still managed to turn up in numbers for the bigger games tho'.) I was at an Aberdeen game at that time when the away fans almost made up 1/3 of the total attendance. 

Villa are a richer club and have much more potential, given the league they are in, than either of the arsecheeks.

Gerrard will be earning much more now, being able to focus only on football matters rather than having the noose of bigotry and entitlement around his neck.

And there are still clowns out there who insist he has made a huge mistake........................................😜

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

His teams thrive when able to dominate possession.

He made Maddison and Buendia into great players as well. Kent would feast under him.

German style football but already 4 years experience of British football and won two title races quite handily.

Biggest issue is how he would handle European football and keeping it tight against more talented sides.

They guys bottle completely crashes the moment he doesn't have a massive financial advantage. Norwich had huge funds compared to the Championship when he won them promotion.

He'd probably be alright domestically, but in Europe he'd be a complete flop.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They guys bottle completely crashes the moment he doesn't have a massive financial advantage. Norwich had huge funds compared to the Championship when he won them promotion.

He'd probably be alright domestically, but in Europe he'd be a complete flop.

I don't believe the financial advantage was that large mainly because Norwich are generally prudent with their wage spend compared to nearly all other Championship clubs. I can't recall the breakdown in budgets however.

I definitely get your point with Europe though. That's a big negative. 

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

Lmao relax pal

His teams thrive when able to dominate possession.

He made Maddison and Buendia into great players as well. Kent would feast under him.

German style football but already 4 years experience of British football and won two title races quite handily.

Biggest issue is how he would handle European football and keeping it tight against more talented sides.

That was Derek McInnes.

Not even a corrupt official like John Beaton could stop Slippy G leaving, it must be so frustrating for Sevco fans knowing that they can't cheat their way out of this one.

In days like these, I pop on to Swallow Swallow for a laugh, and they're amazed that he's left for a 'lesser' club like Aston Villa.

Some blame the 'pishy' league in Scotland, others the riches that are on offer down south, that on a level playing field Villa would never be as attractive as Sevco!

Others mention that at least it isn't a club as small as Leicester City in reference to Brenda on the other cheek of the arse.

However, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that horrible bullying  runt Jock Wallace leave the mighty Oldco for little Leicester City during the level playing field of the late 1970s?

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Again just demonstrating how blinkered and delusional both twisted sisters are when they continue to insist they are among the biggest clubs in the universe and questioning why anyone with an ounce of ambition would leave them to go to a middling English premiership club.

Villa have a more loyal fan base. They have struggled in the lower reaches of the premiership for many years but still attract around 40,000 to their home games.

I remember when the old rangers were struggling badly pre Souness and attracted 8-10,000 staunch fans to run of the mill games at Ibrox (the glory hunters still managed to turn up in numbers for the bigger games tho'.) I was at an Aberdeen game at that time when the away fans almost made up 1/3 of the total attendance. 

Villa are a richer club and have much more potential, given the league they are in, than either of the arsecheeks.

Gerrard will be earning much more now, being able to focus only on football matters rather than having the noose of bigotry and entitlement around his neck.

And there are still clowns out there who insist he has made a huge mistake........................................😜

at no time in the last 30 years have Villa averaged a 40,000 gate

of course he didnt make a mistake, Stamford Bridge or Fir Park ? Old Trafford or whatever ever the f**k Love St was replaced with, taking your team to Liverpool or Livingston ?

15 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

of course he didnt make a mistake, Stamford Bridge or Fir Park ? Old Trafford or whatever ever the f**k Love St was replaced with, taking your team to Liverpool or Livingston ?

Yes they have. They are currently averaging in excess of 41k for the season. Capacity is 42,875.

08/09 Premier League  Premier League  19 3 756,421 39,812
07/08 Premier League  Premier League  19 0 767,524 40,396
Edited by Thorongil

34 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

Love Street was never replaced with anything..