Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

As far as English clubs go, I like Aston Villa. If Gerrard flops it will be seen as “he could only hack it in that mince Jock league” so I agree I would like to see him do well.

That ship sailed ages ago. Look at Walter Smith at Everton, Neil Lennon at Bolton. 

Breaking the dominance of the old firm is probably the true indicator of managerial excellence in Scotland. 

It's almost too obvious to say but had Graeme Murty won the league with Rangers last year he still wouldn't be getting anywhere near the Aston Villa job. 

I’m surprised at how much surprise there is about this.
Slippy was always using Rangers as a stepping stone to a middling EPL club, which he will then use as a stepping stone to Liverpool.
That’s all the old firm are now for managers and players; a stepping stone to the riches of the EPL.
Rodger’s left Celtic for Leicester and if Ange has any modicum of success he will be off to Brighton or something without a moments hesitation.

52 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I guess villa are a smaller club in terms of worldwide appeal etc. However, they are still a big club and he would be daft to turn them down.

Villa have won the European Cup, something Rangers will never do. And on what particular planet do Rangers have worldwide appeal ?  ??

1 minute ago, Lex said:

I’m surprised at how much surprise there is about this.
Slippy was always using Rangers as a stepping stone to a middling EPL club, which he will then use as a stepping stone to Liverpool.
That’s all the old firm are now for managers and players; a stepping stone to the riches of the EPL.
Rodger’s left Celtic for Leicester and if Ange has any modicum of success he will be off to Brighton or something without a moments hesitation.

100%. They were lucky to keep him beyond the summer. His exit was absolutely inevitable to anyone with a brain, so that counts the Scottish football media out. 

On Armistice Day though of all days. At least they can wipe their eyes with their poppies.

Just now, Thorongil said:

100%. They were lucky to keep him beyond the summer. His exit was absolutely inevitable to anyone with a brain, so that counts the Scottish football media out. 

On Armistice Day though of all days. At least they can wipe their eyes with their poppies.

Do you think he abseiled out the main stand?

1 minute ago, kennie makevin said:

Villa have won the European Cup, something Rangers will never do. And on what particular planet do Rangers have worldwide appeal ?  ??

They don’t live in the real world and many of my fellow Celtic fans are the same. Celtic and Rangers are absolute backwaters in the footballing world. Almost any EPL side has more “worldwide appeal”.

”Wha’s like us” isn’t the modern reality.