Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, Drew Brees said:

P&B **** believing the cost to clean up their fellow fans mess and vandalism is nothing more than victimisation. Unbelievable. 

The facts just don't add up here.

The mess was tidied up within hours and if it was unsafe then the free Palestine demo obviously couldn't have went ahead. 

It's really impossible for Susie to attribute blame to Rangers fans.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

P&B **** believing the cost to clean up their fellow fans mess and vandalism is nothing more than victimisation. Unbelievable. 

I don't believe it's victimisation, I feel it's a double-standard if they don't normally release the clean-up costs required.

At the risk of engaging in whataboutery, a quick glance through the pictures in the article linked below shows quite a substantial mess Glasgow was left in at a previous gathering. As I said, I don't know if they release the clean-up costs as standard, but if not, why would they decide to do it now? That's all I'm really asking here.

WATCH: Celtic fans blasted for leaving Glasgow in ‘disgusting’ state following treble treble street party | Glasgow Times

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You posted reasons which included mess/litter, tbf you didn't specific what work took so long which was my initial questions. Most of the other stuff can be attributed to other gatherings too, general maintenance costs. Seems they're lumping a lot in at once to have a headline. 

It was pretty obvious IMO. According to the report Memorial benches were wrecked, plants and grass areas replaced because of shards of broken glass embedded in them, Hundreds of plants were also destroyed, scaffolding and traffic lights damaged, benches and security fences broken beyond repair and lighting for the Sir Walter Scott column smashed up, all statues checked, the statues of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert require significant repairs.

“The Queen Victoria statue failed a topple test and is now fenced off to protect it from any further damage.”. 

Not sure why you’re obsessing on the litter tbh. 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don't believe it's victimisation, I feel it's a double-standard if they don't normally release the clean-up costs required.

At the risk of engaging in whataboutery, a quick glance through the pictures in the article linked below shows quite a substantial mess Glasgow was left in at a previous gathering. As I said, I don't know if they release the clean-up costs as standard, but if not, why would they decide to do it now? That's all I'm really asking here.

WATCH: Celtic fans blasted for leaving Glasgow in ‘disgusting’ state following treble treble street party | Glasgow Times

Ah the mass gathering that was cancelled and had the parade route cut short because Celtic fans engaged in a bit of mindless battering lumps out each other of their own . 

I remember the two week media fall out over that aswell .....

Edited by Forever_blueco

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

At the risk of engaging in whataboutery

7 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Ah the mass gathering that was cancelled and had the parade route cut short because Celtic fans engaged in a bit of mindless battering lumps out each other of their own . 

I remember the two week media fall out over that aswell .....

Yep. You risked it and it paid off.

18 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The jockey rode it with unsurpassed dignity and it finished staunchly to pick up the win.

GSTQ

This is the quality of patter which sets you apart from the rest of the diddies, M9.

I see that the nag was trained by a Henderson:

kincardine.png.1a73b3a53a68a8f6ec926407e2d79884.png

I assume that's one of the Newmarket Hendersons rather than the Deliveroo Hendersons...

1 minute ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Yep. You risked it and it paid off.

Indeed. I'm not wanting to compare the actual gatherings themselves nor the fan behaviour, just to try and find out if there's ever been a precedent for the council to release this type of information so publicly and if not, why now.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Indeed. I'm not wanting to compare the actual gatherings themselves nor the fan behaviour, just to try and find out if there's ever been a precedent for the council to release this type of information so publicly and if not, why now.

Pretty obvious that there’s a campaign of hate against rangers. 

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Pretty obvious that there’s a campaign of hate against rangers. 

As I said before, I don't know if it's been done before or not. You could just say you don't know the answer to my question and it would make it a lot easier.

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

As I said before, I don't know if it's been done before or not. You could just say you don't know the answer to my question and it would make it a lot easier.

Look at it from a different angle and it might help you get the answer you so desperately require. When has a group of people caused so much damage to Glasgow that the council would feel within their rights to shame them by publicising  the cost of repairs? 

Edited by Drew Brees

41 minutes ago, AJF said:

Any mass gathering or event has attached clean-up costs, it's inevitable. Of course there was needless and thoughtless damage caused, but my question stands: Is it normal practice for the associated clean-up costs to be published by the council. If not, why have they done it on this occasion?

There should not have been any mass gatherings in the first place, but your brain dead Zombie fans could not obey the laws of the land.

I’ve been involved in various “mass gatherings” throughout my lifetime. However I was never part of a group intent on wilful littering, bottling fellow supporters, spitting at, fighting with and throwing objects at police and first aid staff. There were even a fair number of your fans incapable of controlling their bowels and bladders.

It would seem that trouble follows you everywhere you go.

You seem to have not learned any lessons from the dead club’s exploits in Birmingham, Barcelona, Chesterfield, or Manchester.

A sad indictment of the lack of public facilities available to all and sundry, council cuts requiring the good nature of local businesses for people to spend a penny is shocking, the Tories have a lot to answer for. 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Any mass gathering or event has attached clean-up costs, it's inevitable. Of course there was needless and thoughtless damage caused, but my question stands: Is it normal practice for the associated clean-up costs to be published by the council. If not, why have they done it on this occasion?

A Celtic conspiracy? If not, then what are you suggesting?

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

A Celtic conspiracy? If not, then what are you suggesting?

I’m not sure I’m suggesting much really. I just feel there must be a reason for releasing this kind of information (if it’s not normally done) and it seems to be adding fuel to the fire in what is already quite a sensitive situation.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure I’m suggesting much really. I just feel there must be a reason for releasing this kind of information (if it’s not normally done) and it seems to be adding fuel to the fire in what is already quite a sensitive situation.

When has this happened before?

JAMIE BARJONAS has posted an emotional goodbye to the ‘unbelievable’ Rangers fans as he leaves the club.

The Gers midfielder spent the last few months of the season on loan at Ayr United

Barjonas, 22, spent 14 years at Ibrox, rising up through the ranks in the academy