Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

10 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I’d imagine there was wirk involved in this  

Aye but the mess was cleared up by the time the next group went to George Square. 

Is it normal practice for the council to release the clean-up costs after large gatherings? It's the first time I remember this happening despite similar events but I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Looked ok the next day when the free Palestine mob were there climbing all over the statues and benches.

If it was that bad then H&S reasons would've stopped that demonstration,  Susie must think everyone buttons up the back.

A beacon of honesty and integrity is Ms Aitken 

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

Is it normal practice for the council to release the clean-up costs after large gatherings? It's the first time I remember this happening despite similar events but I could be wrong.

Is it normal for mass gathering to cause that amount of damage? 

Just now, Drew Brees said:

Is it normal for mass gathering to cause that amount of damage? 

I've no idea, because I've not seen the figures for any other mass gatherings.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I've no idea, because I've not seen the figures for any other mass gatherings.

Therefore, I’d imagine, that’s because it’s not normal behaviour to wreck the place, you lot are circling the wagons here. 

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Me. 

But the mess wasn’t the reason there was more than a nights work Involved. I already posted the reasons for you. 

Edited by Drew Brees

Just now, Drew Brees said:

Therefore, I’d imagine, that’s because it’s not normal behaviour to wreck the place, you lot are circling the wagons here. 

If it was wrecked then a large protest couldn't have went ahead on the next day. 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

A horse owned by the queen called Kincardine. 

Screenshot_20210525-142404.thumb.jpg.6569de05fa6b3a12ff09f70e675e3373.jpg

I've put £16.90 on it.

The jockey rode it with unsurpassed dignity and it finished staunchly to pick up the win.

GSTQ

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Any mass gathering or event has attached clean-up costs, it's inevitable. Of course there was needless and thoughtless damage caused, but my question stands: Is it normal practice for the associated clean-up costs to be published by the council. If not, why have they done it on this occasion?

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

But the mess wasn’t the reason there was more than a nights work Involved. I already posted the reasons for you. 

You posted reasons which included mess/litter, tbf you didn't specific what work took so long which was my initial questions. Most of the other stuff can be attributed to other gatherings too, general maintenance costs. Seems they're lumping a lot in at once to have a headline. 

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You posted reasons which included mess/litter, tbf you didn't specific what work took so long which was my initial questions. Most of the other stuff can be attributed to other gatherings too, general maintenance costs. Seems they're lumping a lot in at once to have a headline. 

probably the work to do with the plants and grass.