Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

17 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

^^^ Hiya Humza, hiya pal. 

The daft wee fanny has gone from decent Celtic fan (a first) to out half-witting the half-wit in about 3 months.

The dafter thing is that the barrier to be a decent Ra Sellick fan is so low and yet he has slipped under it.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The daft wee fanny has gone from decent Celtic fan (a first) to out half-witting the half-wit in about 3 months.

The dafter thing is that the barrier to be a decent Ra Sellick fan is so low and yet he has slipped under it.

Funny post.

Calling out Celtic and all there current faults = decent Celtic poster

Calling out or being against hateful or discriminatory behaviour especially if it involves Rangers = daft wee fanny half wit

I'll take it as a compliment though, being a half wit at least gives me twice the wit of most of you. 

11 hours ago, gannonball said:

I was a tad surprised he got sent off tbh. More so because causal homophobia is deemed socially more acceptable than racism which is a joke really. Personally I think he should rightly get a lengthy ban and this should be the standard set from here on in.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Queer thing to be sent off for.

Agreed. 

Same with the Brechin boy.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:
8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Queer thing to be sent off for.

Oprah Winfrey Omg GIF

Memorial benches in the city centre were wrecked for the second time in three months after Gers supporters trashed George Square during wild scenes blasted by Nicola Sturgeon and police chiefs.

‘Disgraceful’ Rangers fans who rampaged in George Square ‘have no place in football’ says SFA chief Maxwell

They laid siege to the city centre and left a trail of destruction in their wake despite pleas from the authorities.

Boozed-up yobs attacked cops with barriers and traffic cones were used as missiles during mayhem that saw five officers hurt and 28 arrests made.

A large clean-up operation took place the following day as Glasgow City Council workers cleared litter and alcohol cans and bottles, with broken glass strewn across the square.

The violent scenes provoked widespread condemnation, including from the police and the Scottish Government.

Nicola Sturgeon said she was "utterly disgusted" at Rangers fans who "rampaged through the city".

Council chief Susan Aitken said grass and bedding plants will need to be replaced due to broken glass

The First Minister took aim at "selfish, bigoted" fans for their "violence and vile anti-Catholic prejudice" during the lockdown-flouting celebrations.

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council said: “A substantial clear-up operation was required in George Square following the events of May 15.

“A huge amount of rubbish was lifted, glass from thousands of broken bottles removed and substantial amounts of graffiti cleaned away.

“Hundreds of plants were also destroyed, scaffolding and traffic lights damaged, benches and security fences broken beyond repair and lighting for the Sir Walter Scott column smashed up.

“In the immediate aftermath of the events of May 15, we deployed some 80 members of staff to undertake an initial clear-up and they worked throughout that first night to put the square back in some kind of order for the rest of the city.

“But work continued throughout the following week and has still to conclude.

“We have also checked all the statues in the square and found that the statues of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert require significant repairs.

“The Queen Victoria statue failed a topple test and is now fenced off to protect it from any further damage.

“These two statues are priceless sculptures that are emblematic of Glasgow’s proud history and will now require skilled restoration work.

Edited by Drew Brees

7 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

“But work continued throughout the following week and has still to conclude.

I wonder if there was any other large gatherings at George Square after the Saturday night. 

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

“But work continued throughout the following week and has still to conclude.

I wonder if there was any other large gatherings at George Square after the Saturday night. 

Not sure it was the fact there was a large gathering that caused the damage, otherwise they would just put a stop to large gatherings, pretty sure there were other reasons. 

Just now, Drew Brees said:

Not sure it was the fact there was a large gathering that caused the damage, otherwise they would just put a stop to large gatherings, pretty sure there were other reasons. 

What type of work do you think would continue throughout the week? I'm a bit puzzled by this line. 

47 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

What type of work do you think would continue throughout the week? I'm a bit puzzled by this line. 

I’d imagine there was wirk involved in this  

A huge amount of rubbish was lifted, glass from thousands of broken bottles removed and substantial amounts of graffiti cleaned away.

“Hundreds of plants were also destroyed, scaffolding and traffic lights damaged, benches and security fences broken beyond repair and lighting for the Sir Walter Scott column smashed up.

“We have also checked all the statues in the square and found that the statues of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert require significant repairs.

“The Queen Victoria statue failed a topple test and is now fenced off to protect it from any further damage

Looked ok the next day when the free Palestine mob were there climbing all over the statues and benches.

If it was that bad then H&S reasons would've stopped that demonstration,  Susie must think everyone buttons up the back.