Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

FFS. Was waiting for the attempted PnB pile on over this.

Yes, whatever it was he said, the referee found completely unacceptable. Yes, he’ll be educated. Yes, he’ll watch his mouth in future. Hopefully a hard lesson learned  early by the young man.

But a 19 year old, clearly talented young man, who is trying to make a life for himself in a different country? Welcome to the attempted hounding straight back out of Scotland!

He’s had his mouth run ahead of his head as any/every 19yo does at some point. But ‘his future Rangers career is in jeopardy’? You’ll need to watch clutching those pearls darling - it can be an expensive habit having to regularly replace or repair after such frenzied clutching. 

49 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Yes, whatever it was he said, the referee found completely unacceptable. Yes, he’ll be educated. Yes, he’ll watch his mouth in future. Hopefully a hard lesson learned  early by the young man.

But a 19 year old, clearly talented young man, who is trying to make a life for himself in a different country? Welcome to the attempted hounding straight back out of Scotland!

He’s had his mouth run ahead of his head as any/every 19yo does at some point. But ‘his future Rangers career is in jeopardy’? You’ll need to watch clutching those pearls darling - it can be an expensive habit having to regularly replace or repair after such frenzied clutching. 

I was a tad surprised he got sent off tbh. More so because causal homophobia is deemed socially more acceptable than racism which is a joke really. Personally I think he should rightly get a lengthy ban and this should be the standard set from here on in.

Edited by gannonball

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Would your take be any different if it was racist or sectarian abuse the lad was sent off for? This would constitute gross misconduct in most walks of life these days despite someone’s age or indeed how talented they are.

You can call it pearl clutching if you want I really don’t mind however I have a very low tolerance for hate speech. 

Hopefully someone or indeed Rangers themselves can change his mindset however a lengthy ban should be the bare minimum. 

Edited by Jinky67

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Alta-right more like.

3 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

You’ll be glad it never materialised then. 

Here it comes M8...

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I was a tad surprised he got sent off tbh. More so because causal homophobia is deemed socially more acceptable than racism which is a joke really. Personally I think he should rightly get a lengthy ban and this should be the standard set from here on in.

Some sort of ban, agreed.

The bit I was taking issue with was his ‘career being in jeopardy’. FFS we’ve had (still have?) a rapist plying his trade in the Scottish Leagues. But (wholly inappropriate) name calling from a 19yo now seems to be a more heinous crime. 

32 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Would your take be any different if it was racist or sectarian abuse the lad was sent off for? This would constitute gross misconduct in most walks of life these days despite someone’s age or indeed how talented they are.

You can call it pearl clutching if you want I really don’t mind however I have a very low tolerance for hate speech. 

Hopefully someone or indeed Rangers themselves can change his mindset however a lengthy ban should be the bare minimum. 

But it wasn’t . Classic whatabootery at play. 

26 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Alta-right more like.

Hmm...

So that's another Premiership season come and gone and we're saying goodbye to wur big posting pals from South Lanarkshire and Ayrshire.  I'd like to make tribute to posters from both teams in turn for the contribution they've made to match threads over the years - the ones I mention will be missed and I wish them all the best in the Championship:

The Academical of Hamilton posters:

1. @Im_Rodger
2. @YER SISTERS YER MAW
3. @stepek 4 tellys
4. @Scotty Tunbridge
5. @Ye Olde Hamiltonian
6. @Patrick Bateman
7. @accies1874

The Kilmarnock posters

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

This is where I am on it tbh.

Should we write off a young laddie and his career for one mistake, no. Equally, a message needs sent that this is completely unacceptable behaviour.

24 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Here it comes M8...

Some sort of ban, agreed.

The bit I was taking issue with was his ‘career being in jeopardy’. FFS we’ve had (still have?) a rapist plying his trade in the Scottish Leagues. But (wholly inappropriate) name calling from a 19yo now seems to be a more heinous crime. 

But it wasn’t . Classic whatabootery at play. 

Hmm...

Its hate speech mate pure and simple not wholly inappropriate name calling. 

Let's call it what it is and not trivialize it or make it seem less important than any other form of hate speech we are trying to remove from the game

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Its hate speech mate pure and simple not wholly inappropriate name calling. 

When the likes of you, Daft Wee Drew and the self-important Gammonballs gang up on an issue then we treat you all with contempt as we know all you're about is scandal and gossip.

So forgive me for eschewing your faux outrage.

Edited by The_Kincardine