Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Sorry Henrik, but I might just run with it as a name for you.

I'm sure it contains no real truth, but it's just such a pleasing phrase.

Fine by me, MT.

You’re no a c**t ;) 

8 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Read this article in the Scotsman that sums it up pretty well imo

Yes, good to read a piece which recognises the fact that disorder of that type is absolutely linked to the character of the club.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Ok, I'm sorry then. He really wasn't being a hypocrite with his what about the pandemic rhetoric.

Thank you for explaining it all so eloquently. 

Ah the classic Sevco defence of "well it's not just us, look what they did" as if that justifies their position.

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Good to see the tears still flowing 

Indeed 

Howling at what should have been a weekend remembered for Rangers achievements this season your fans have managed to make a rip roaring c**t of it through their arrogance, hatred and inability to just act like normal, happy people and turning congratulations into pure contempt.

Fannies

And then the players/staff have given us a comedy encore with an alleged sash bash at Ibrox and potential Covid breaches. 

Well played 🤣

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Indeed 

Howling at what should have been a weekend remembered for Rangers achievements this season your fans have managed to make a rip roaring c**t of it through their arrogance, hatred and inability to just act like normal, happy people and turning congratulations into pure contempt.

Fannies

And yet you are still here at 1 in the morning on a Wednesday raging about everything Rangers 😆

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

And yet you are still here at 1 in the morning on a Wednesday raging about everything Rangers 😆

And here you are at 1 in the morning with the same shite patter and rebuttals assuming everyone is raging, crying because you don’t actually have anything remotely clever to retort with 😉

This forum game just isn’t for you I’m afraid 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

And here you are at 1 in the morning with the same shite patter and rebuttals assuming everyone is raging, crying because you don’t actually have anything remotely clever to retort with 😉

This forum game just isn’t for you I’m afraid 

Your broken and you don’t even realise 😆

18 hours ago, AJF said:

I don’t have an issue with people criticising the thug element of the support, and these questions are not something I, or I suspect anyone on here can answer.

However being selective with examples of fan disorder to paint this as a Rangers only issue is disingenuous. I could cite dozens of examples of fans of other Scottish clubs fighting and behaving like animals but I won’t as I’ll no doubt get accused of whataboutery. That it happens on a larger scale with Rangers fans I don’t mind admitting it does, but do not make it seem like this type of behaviour is confined to one club.

Of course other clubs have fans that have indulged in fighting and behaving like animals, but the examples that I gave earlier were seven major events in Scottish club football, and in the three that involved Rangers when all of their fans should have been united in joy and celebration, they were angry, violent and hitting out at everyone and anyone. The four involving Celtic (twice) , Aberdeen and Dundee United were all celebrations. Why is it that only Rangers fans seem to be full of hate through the decades?

Could Nathan be in bother again? 

Footage of Rangers FC stars partying in plush Scots pad probed by cops

Footage sent to the Daily Record shows James Tavernier, Connor Goldson and Nathan Patterson celebrating alongside multiple others at a house party after Rangers FC lifted the trophy on Saturday.

A police investigation over a potential Covid breach has been launched after a video emerged of three Rangers FC players celebrating their title win at the weekend.

A source claims that James Tavernier, Connor Goldson and Nathan Patterson gathered indoors with friends and family at property in the Stirlingshire area.

The video is believed to have been filmed on Saturday, however this has not yet been established, shows all three players partying in their team shirts.

Rules allowing up to six people to meet indoors only came into force on Monday, May 17, as the majority of the country moved into Level 2 of coronavirus restrictions.

The compilation video begins with Gers right back Tavernier, 29, walking towards the camera while clutching the Premiership trophy outside the plush house.

Additional footage shows multiple adults singing and dancing inside the property during the boozy gathering.

Tavernier appears again in the kitchen of the property where he sings Live It Up alongside a blonde woman while his teammates celebrate in the background.

Another shot then shows defender Patterson, 19, and centre back Goldson, 28, dancing and singing along to Billy Ocean’s Love Really Hurts Without You

A Police Scotland spokesperson told the Daily Record: "We are aware of the video which will be assessed by officers.”

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ll ask again. “What is it with Rangers fans?”  Right from 1972 until this weekend, give them a reason to celebrate and they act like to angriest bunch of hoodlums on the planet. Because of the gap of 49 years it’s obviously not the same people, so this type of behaviour is getting passed down from generation to generation. Why?

1967 - Celtic win the European Cup in Lisbon - a celebration

1972 - Rangers win the ECWC in Barcelona - Rangers fans attack police on the pitch leading to loads of arrests.

1983 - Aberdeen win the ECWC in Gothenburg - a celebration with no Aberdeen fans arrested.

1987 - Dundee United get to two legged UEFA Cup Final with Gothenburg- a celebration at both legs home and away.

2003 - Celtic get to the UEFA Cup Final in Seville - a celebration with Celtic fans receiving a commendation from UEFA.

2008 - Rangers get to the UEFA Cup Final in Manchester - absolute carnage in Manchester with riots on the street.

2021 - Rangers stop Celtic getting to 10 in a row -  carnage in Glasgow City Centre with Rangers fans disregarding every piece of advice given.

19 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

And some dates when they lose..

1980 - Oldco get pumped at mighty Chesterfield - Street riots

1980 - Scottish Cup Final Oldco pumped by their nearest and dearest and Dons win the league -pitch invasion

1984 - Pumped by Bohs in Dublin - riot inside and outside the ground

A club built on foundations of hatred and followed by utter hate-filled bile

Add in the 2016 Scottish Cup final and Rangers fans invading the pitch because........erm, they lost.

Mind you, they got a bit of a kicking that day because they were not just terrorising wee auld ladies out doing the shopping.

image.png.ac696fa23b65693240793dfa7f32f0a2.png

The Scottish government rejected a bid to allow 10,000 Rangers fans inside Ibrox to witness Saturday's trophy presentation.

The proposal would also have seen four more title parties held in the days after, each hosting another 10,000 season-ticket holders.

Rangers said their plan was designed to "minimise the risk of crowds gathering outside the stadium".

So in Level 3 Glasgow where a maximum of 6 people are legally allowed to meet up, and a maximum of 50 people are allowed to go to funerals and weddings, Rangers were asking that for five days in a row 10,000 people should be allowed into Ibrox because they knew that their supporters were not going to behave on the Saturday. And to top this story off, later in the BBC article it said that the BBC has approached the Scottish Government for a response. Really?