Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

But that’s the thing, how could they prevent the gathering? Surely this proposal to control it is better than absolutely nothing (as was proved to be the case).

Rangers have not said it was anyone else’s fault, I feel they’ve released this in response to those that claim they should’ve done more.

I don't think they could've, really.

I don't necessarily think the Government should be blaming them either, but it helps them get away with refusing to let fans into games, so they'll just take any opportunity they can.

I just found it a bit bizarre that this story has clearly been leaked to try and say they done all they could, when the plans involved don't really prevent gatherings at all.

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

They just get bevvied up before they go in and resume 2 hours later and factor in the early kick off then its not that hard to play catch up

But you agree it’s better?

Feel free for anyone to answer these questions, I’m curious to see what people think:

Why do you think Rangers made this proposal to the SG?

When the request from Stewart Robertson states “As you know we are keen to ensure that we minimise the risk of crowds gathering outside the stadium or in other areas of Glasgow...” do you disbelieve that was the motivating factor behind the request?

Were Rangers wrong to make this request in an attempt to minimise the risk of crowds gathering?

If you don’t think this would’ve made any difference, what more do you feel the club should’ve done?

I will finish by again reiterating I am not asking these questions to excuse fan behaviour, but instead to find out why people believe Rangers have acted inappropriately as a club.

Edited by AJF

All those who thought it was doctored can line up to apologise. Difficult to see how Rangers can deny this now 

I'd say that's unbelievable, but it's not. They continue to insist that the sectarianism comes from a "minority of fans". Well that video isn't fans, it's players. And it's not a minority.

Which would be lies.
But it's the Rangers so, no surprise.

It would be quite an easy defence to make I would imagine: they’d state no alcohol was served by the licensed premises and any alcohol consumed was purchased from elsewhere and the players consumed it while remaining in their football bubble, as they did when they were drinking beer in the changing rooms way back in March when we clinched the league.

I seem to remember quite a bit of preparation, fan areas being set up and police liason etc. before Manchester tbh.

It didn't stop the Chelsea fans then, not sure why anyone thinks it would have stopped them at the weekend.

5 minutes ago, The Marly said:
12 hours ago, Romeo said:
All those who thought it was doctored can line up to apologise. Difficult to see how Rangers can deny this now 

I'd say that's unbelievable, but it's not. They continue to insist that the sectarianism comes from a "minority of fans". Well that video isn't fans, it's players. And it's not a minority.

🙈

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

But you agree it’s better?

Feel free for anyone to answer these questions, I’m curious to see what people think:

Why do you think Rangers made this proposal to the SG?

When the request from Stewart Robertson states “As you know we are keen to ensure that we minimise the risk of crowds gathering outside the stadium or in other areas of Glasgow...” do you disbelieve that was the motivating factor behind the request?

Were Rangers wrong to make this request in an attempt to minimise the risk of crowds gathering?

If you don’t think this would’ve made any difference, what more do you feel the club should’ve done?

I will finish by again reiterating I am not asking these questions to excuse fan behaviour, but instead to find out why people believe Rangers have acted inappropriately as a club.

Things they could have done were the things i said they shouldn’t have done on the day they won the league by whipping fans into a frenzy outside the stadium because they just set the expectation that it would happen again.

Thankfully this time they didn’t however some people will have turned up hoping for a sight of the players with the trophy.

Fence areas off to stop the fans getting close to the stadium to greet the players arriving etc. Work with the police to set up cordons.

Will it stop everyone? Nope nor would it stop fans arranging to meet in the city centre however that’s where the club has to have better dialogue with the fans and fans groups who organised the march to George Sq. Threaten members of those groups with bans if necessary.

Again will it stop everyone, no but you can’t be expected to  

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Things they could have done were the things i said they shouldn’t have done on the day they won the league by whipping fans into a frenzy outside the stadium because they just set the expectation that it would happen again.

Thankfully this time they didn’t however some people will have turned up hoping for a sight of the players with the trophy.

Fence areas off to stop the fans getting close to the stadium to greet the players arriving etc. Work with the police to set up cordons.

Will it stop everyone? Nope nor would it stop fans arranging to meet in the city centre however that’s where the club has to have better dialogue with the fans and fans groups who organised the march to George Sq. Threaten members of those groups with bans if necessary.

Again will it stop everyone, no but you can’t be expected to  

Nobody expected to turn up and see the trophy, I think that’s bollocks as Rangers were consistent with their message in the build up to the game to stay at home - something the Scottish Government praised them for in their letter.

Ibrox is also on a main road - it would not be within the clubs power to shut that off and prevent access. If you are then suggesting that Rangers did not liaise with the police to consider these options I think you are being deliberately obtuse about it.

And finally, the club cannot prevent or ban a fan for deciding to turn up in Glasgow city centre (or anywhere out with the stadium for that matter). That’s simply not possible.

Edited by AJF

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Nobody expected to turn up and see the trophy, I think that’s bollocks as Rangers were consistent with their message in the build up to the game to stay at home - something the Scottish Government praised them for in their letter.

Ibrox is also on a main road - it would not be within the clubs power to shut that off and prevent access. If you are then suggesting that Rangers did not liaise with the police to consider these options I think you are being deliberately obtuse about it.

And finally, the club cannot prevent or ban a fan for deciding to turn up in Glasgow city centre (or anywhere out with the stadium for that matter). That’s simply not possible.

Semi consistent it doesn’t help when your manager is appealing to the higher ups to use some common sense and show some heart and understanding in tv interviews regarding fans potentially turning up. 

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

FWIW other than being a but stronger before the game i don’t think the club have done too much wrong here. They at least seemed to learn the lesson from March when they basically encouraged it. 

Put the rod away and feast your beady eyes on this.

E1p01PIXIAMd3OP?format=jpg&name=medium

Doesn't it look amazing in red, white and blue....

Hearing Willie has also been doctoring the EDL Abdul video.

Apparently in the original, they are innocently singing "I'd rather be a Jackie than a Kim"

A traditional song about a pair of sisters from Govan.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....

9 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

There is, mate. I am not allowed my own phone. I have to sneakily borrow my daughters phone to come on here and rip the pish out you. The wife made me give up my season ticket and I’m not allowed to watch fitba on the telly.

I’m still married though, that’s the main thing. Unlike yourself - who got divorced for being a c**t. 

Sorry Henrik, but I might just run with it as a name for you.

I'm sure it contains no real truth, but it's just such a pleasing phrase.