Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I think pointing the finger at the club is a bit much. The police let them (the fans) do what the f**k they wanted the day they officially won the league and that basically left an open goal for yesterday. Their behaviour has been known for years so a few tweets put out by the club was never going to sway fans away.

Theres also folk moaning about them celebrating at a club bar indoors and comparing it to sanctions their club got for lack of social distancing. The season is over for them now and whilst yes they should be social distancing its pretty much irrelevant now from a footballing point of view.

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s not excuses, it’s literally illegal for the club to organise a fan event. There are plenty things to criticise but the club not allowing fans in the stadium or setting up a fan zone is not one of them because it’s literally impossible that it could’ve happened.

It's a pity the union bears and the free Palestine groups couldn't sing together and enjoy their time in George square.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

When you get a Rangers season ticket, do they pay for a free lobotomy to the part of your brain that allows for critical thought?

Mind that time about 20 shitposts ago you said it was your last post on the matter? 

You've abandoned critical thought plenty of times whether it be over using bigoted language towards Rangers fans or regarding the Kamara racist incident. It's clear you're more focused on Rangers fans than you are on any of the social issues you try and use to negatively attack Rangers with. 

This was posted yesterday but has been lost amongst the last 100 or so pages.  He's been through his share bad days for us and faced a lot of criticism, an iconic image?

E1cyp_7WEAQTMvK?format=jpg&name=medium

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's a pity the union bears and the free Palestine groups couldn't sing together and enjoy their time in George square.

Ah, the old change the subject routine when you’ve been shown to talk nonsense 😂

Just now, bennett said:

This was posted yesterday but has been lost amongst the last 100 or so pages.  He's been through his share bad days for us and faced a lot of criticism, an iconic image?

E1cyp_7WEAQTMvK?format=jpg&name=medium

Definitely. One of my favourite Rangers images now.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Sturgeon was quite right.  Anyone would think that there was nothing the Club could do.  The idea that someone could disgrace the Club like many did yesterday and still get into Ibrox is laughable. If they can't even be arsed to behave with that threat hanging over them then fine. Kick them out. Then it will truly be a police/society problem as the Club will have disassociated itself from them. Until the Club does that, mud sticks. 

I feel the same way. The club did the bare minimum yesterday and no more. "Please abide by coronavirus regulations, blah, blah, blah". One tweet. They made no effort to encourage fans to return home at any point, much like the last time this happened.

I'm not going to pretend that all Rangers fans are like those yesterday, but there's a sizeable vocal minority and many more are willing to ignore them and turn a blind eye, for whatever reason. Whether that's out of fear I don't know. It's all fine and well for the club to launch this 'Anyone, Everyone' campaign, but they do nothing to condemn anti-Catholic or racist sentiment among their support. I'd go as far to say as they pander to the extremists. The creation of all this orange training gear and merchandise in recent years was no accident. They're targeting a certain element there and know exactly what they're doing.

53 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

So the fans are arseholes then? Every single one who congregated yesterday.

Glad we're on agreement on that one.

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here? The fans that were fighting and what not are arseholes, yes.

Those that were they having a good time, not so much.

3 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

What did I say re Kamara racist incident? If I recall, I suggested Rangers should be given a by and Prague chucked out the tournament. I went on to say that Rangers fans moral indignation over the matter was hypocritical in the extreme, something many would agree with. 

You could maybe replace that fat disgusting beast Jim Traynor when his heart eventually packs it in. 

Trying to make *** a bigoted word is hilarious. I've told you many times how it's used in Aberdeen and it has f**k all to do with Protestantism. 

Rangers FC are probably the biggest victims in football. 

👍

IMG_20210515_170755.jpg

3 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

There's that critical thought Rangers fans are renowned for. 

Why would I sincerley engage with a bigot that gets his rocks off trying to call out other peoples poor behaviour? It's utterly contradictory "critical thought" that suggests you've not actually done much, well, critical thought, to begin with. 

IMG_20210515_210406.jpg

Edited by Stormzy

8 minutes ago, S7C said:

I feel the same way. The club did the bare minimum yesterday and no more. "Please abide by coronavirus regulations, blah, blah, blah". One tweet. They made no effort to encourage fans to return home at any point, much like the last time this happened.

I'm not going to pretend that all Rangers fans are like those yesterday, but there's a sizeable vocal minority and many more are willing to ignore them and turn a blind eye, for whatever reason. Whether that's out of fear I don't know. It's all fine and well for the club to launch this 'Anyone, Everyone' campaign, but they do nothing to condemn anti-Catholic or racist sentiment among their support. I'd go as far to say as they pander to the extremists. The creation of all this orange training gear and merchandise in recent years was no accident. They're targeting a certain element there and know exactly what they're doing.

That’s a question I’ve asked before though. When this happened last time when we clinched the league, most people on here said if Rangers had issued a statement advising fans not to gather then that was their arses covered, no issue. They said the players shouldn’t engage with the fans, and they never. They curtained off the gates at Ibrox the fans gathered at last time to peak onto the pitch. But now, folk are still saying they haven’t done enough?

It also wasn’t just “one tweet”. They had consistent messages throughout the week with an official club statement released backing it up.

The fan behaviour should rightly be condemned, but the goal posts are changing here rapidly. 

Edited by AJF

There’s a weird aggression you get with Rangers fans that you just don’t get with people who aren’t Rangers fans. Even in every day life. I work with Rangers fans and their always permanently seething. Who has the fucking energy for that?
They have a massive chip on their shoulders because they think they were "wronged" in 2012....that's what it's boils down too, moronic neanderthals unwilling to accept reality.

4 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:
There’s a weird aggression you get with Rangers fans that you just don’t get with people who aren’t Rangers fans. Even in every day life. I work with Rangers fans and their always permanently seething. Who has the fucking energy for that?

They have a massive chip on their shoulders because they think they were "wronged" in 2012....that's what it's boils down too, moronic neanderthals unwilling to accept reality.

It's interesting as it was the small businesses and HMRC that were wronged, buy you don't see Hector, face painters and news agents tearing up George Square, kicking f**k out of each other and pishing all over the place.  

Edited by TonyFerrino

5 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

The only person who ‘wronged’ Rangers was David Murray.

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here? The fans that were fighting and what not are arseholes, yes.

Those that were they having a good time, not so much.

Depite the club doing 'all they could' by asking them not to congregate.

If no-one congregates then none of that shite happens.