Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Rumours circulating that we are close to signing Jose Cifuentes. 24 year old Ecuador international centre midfielder currently playing with Los Angeles FC.

His contract is expiring in December so we may be able to get him on a cut price deal.

Perhaps I'm too young but I don't really get the appeal of Souness being any way involved in anything other than media appearances for us. 

He played his part in our history and there's of course a lot of love for him from our fans but the idea he should be a DOF and this would be positive is one for the birds imo. He was outdated when he took the Newcastle job over a decade ago so I'm glad these rumours are just rumours. 

Very positive to see talk about our improvement on our frankly disgraceful disabled facilities. Safe standing is good talk too but I think some fans are grasping at positivity straws after our recent OF victory. I'll wait to see how our summer recruitment spree actually goes before I pass judgment on Bisgrove. 

A year to the day since the Europa League final. A bitter end to what was the most enjoyable time following Rangers in my life.

That 12 minute period where we were leading was the most ecstatic yet surreal experience I've ever felt. A Trapp save away from it all.

I really don't think we will see a European campaign like that again. From scoring 4 goals away to Dortmund, an extra time victory against Braga to coming from behind to beat Leipzig in what was the most amazing football atmosphere I've been involved in. Experiencing my team lead in a major European final.

Football done a lot for me during that period.

Makes a huge difference to the team when fit but can rarely manage half a dozen games in a row, I'm half and half on whether this is the right decision. 

24 minutes ago, bennett said:

Makes a huge difference to the team when fit but can rarely manage half a dozen games in a row, I'm half and half on whether this is the right decision. 

From what I’ve seen he has been made aware he will be a rotational player. Hopefully that’ll help manage his fitness issues but when he is in full flow he is a key player for us. I think it’s a good call.

Got to say I’ve liked what I’ve heard from Bisgrove thus far and this add a bit more transparency.

Seems like we might see some positive movements in regards to safe standing, Celtic allocations and plans on building the squad.

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

From Bisgrove's interview quoted on the BBC "Traditionally Rangers has been the dominant team in Scotland." They just can't help themselves. 

He got the 150 years bit in there too 😆

Well briefed, maybe not so well read.

40 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

From Bisgrove's interview quoted on the BBC "Traditionally Rangers has been the dominant team in Scotland." They just can't help themselves. 

And don’t you forget it!!!

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Also I’m never sure on the correct grammar when talking about football clubs. Would it be “Traditionally Rangers has been…” or “…have been…”?

I did have a problem typing "has" but that's what he said. I wonder which school he went to?

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I did have a problem typing "has" but that's what he said. I wonder which school he went to?

Haha, it’s always been a bug bear of mine and I still don’t know the correct answer! I’ve often seen us release statements like “Rangers is delighted to announce…” and I’m thinking, should it be “are”?!? It’s an irrational thing to get caught up on but it frustrates me 😂