Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

After almost two months exactly since Beale’s first competitive match, it’s probably a good time to take stock of his start as manager and see where we are.

Statistically, we are clearly doing a lot better:

Beale’s first 13 matches in charge

Won 12, drawn 1

Scored 30, conceded 12

Gio’s preceding 13 matches in charge (excluding Europe)

Won 9, drawn 2, lost 2

Scored 28, conceded 12

We’ve also seen an uplift in the numbers and performances from a number of key players, particularly Kent, Morelos and Barisic.

However, stats only go so far and the eye test tells you we are still a fragile team that are struggling to performs at times, particularly at home which shows we lack that clinical nature or creative flair to break teams down.

We’ve conceded the first goal in a lot of matches under Beale (6 out of 13). While we managed to turn 5 of those matches into victories, there is only so many times you will be able to do that before it catches up with you.

Overall, I think Beale has made a solid start, but we need the performances to start matching the results or we will remain a long way off Celtic.

11 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Steve Harvey Cringe GIF by ABC Network

Pretty sure he doesn’t need anymore attention after yesterday, fans throwing him under a bus a little here

It’s amazing how thick people can be. Like you say, just bringing him needless attention.

That said, I think he is pretty oblivious to what is being played so I’m not sure it reflects that badly on Tillman himself.

Idiots.

Edited by AJF

That’s how we’ll never stamp it out. Young so called fans (ours too) just carry this shite on constantly. 

Bit of a cliche, but I blame the parents. 
My 2 kids hate football and sometimes I’m glad about that.

Edited by Henrik's tongue

Has he ever explained why he's such an angry man on the football pitch?

Also, good to see the Rangers fans have forgiven him after he walked away from the holding company in 2012...

16 hours ago, Desp said:

Has he ever explained why he's such an angry man on the football pitch?

Also, good to see the Rangers fans have forgiven him after he walked away from the holding company in 2012...

Pretty sure 2 of the 3 walked away. 

Davis and McGregor were two players that certainly didn’t need to waste their talents playing in the fourth tier of Scottish football and there’s not many I know grudge them leaving.

Davis in particular, as he agreed to TUPE over his contract and ensure we got a transfer fee for him. I can’t remember the circumstances of McGregor leaving, but two worthy inductees nonetheless given their success at Rangers.

Edited by AJF

• 2 weeks later...

Probably best for all parties involved. Felt he never really got a fair crack of the whip being shunted between centre back and midfield with a continual rotation of defensive/midfield partners - but I think it was pretty clear he wasn’t quite up to it.

Far too rash in the challenge to be an effective centre back and a bit late to react to runners to be an effective defensive mid.

His one outstanding performance for us did help us qualify for the Champions League group stages mind you, but not a great highlight reel.

HoHo Rangers looking to spend £3.5m on Freddie Woodman - I thought he looked awful in the few games he played for the Dons a few seasons back.......he was hopeless for Newcastle too if I remember correctly....go on sign  him up