Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Rangers have confirmed the knee injury that was rumoured Davis had suffered and he is out for the season. A sad end to his career with us and I’d imagine he will retire. What a player.

Our injury record this season has been ridiculous.

Michael Beale explains why Rangers should only be three points behind Celtic

Not when he sees the games against the teams beyond Celtic as accounting for his club being unable to put the Scottish champions under real pressure in the title race, the gap between the bitter rivals a full nine points. Beale has no quibble with the “deserved” 4-0 victory by Ange Postecoglou’s men in the only cinch Premiership meeting this campaign of the country’s footballing powerhouses, and the advantage accrued from it. What bothers him are results beyond that September afternoon. Overall, Celtic have won 16 and lost one of their other top flight encounters. And Beale believes Rangers functioning as they should be capable ought to have been able to match that return. Instead of recording one defeat and three draws in failing to win four of their 17 such encounters.

“The difference is nine points but we’ve only played each other once and they won that game, deservedly. So the difference should be three points, shouldn’t it? It should,” said the Rangers manager. “So we are six points behind against the other teams in the league, the other 10 that we play. That is the disappointing thing. If it just came down to Old Firms it would be more interesting, but you have to beat everybody else. That’s the key message.

“If the problem had been that we had only dropped points in that one game we would have a chance, on the second of January, to even it up. As it stands that ain’t going to be enough. We have to win all the other games. Unless we can go on a run of winning in big batches of games it is very hard to get to where we want to get in Scotland, full stop. It is very much us or Celtic every season when it starts, so you have to beat everybody else and do well in the Old Firms. So, for me both our games this week are only worth three points. And the three points tomorrow against Motherwell are the most important three points.

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Not when he sees the games against the teams beyond Celtic as accounting for his club being unable to put the Scottish champions under real pressure in the title race, the gap between the bitter rivals a full nine points. Beale has no quibble with the “deserved” 4-0 victory by Ange Postecoglou’s men in the only cinch Premiership meeting this campaign of the country’s footballing powerhouses, and the advantage accrued from it. What bothers him are results beyond that September afternoon. Overall, Celtic have won 16 and lost one of their other top flight encounters. And Beale believes Rangers functioning as they should be capable ought to have been able to match that return. Instead of recording one defeat and three draws in failing to win four of their 17 such encounters.

“The difference is nine points but we’ve only played each other once and they won that game, deservedly. So the difference should be three points, shouldn’t it? It should,” said the Rangers manager. “So we are six points behind against the other teams in the league, the other 10 that we play. That is the disappointing thing. If it just came down to Old Firms it would be more interesting, but you have to beat everybody else. That’s the key message.

“If the problem had been that we had only dropped points in that one game we would have a chance, on the second of January, to even it up. As it stands that ain’t going to be enough. We have to win all the other games. Unless we can go on a run of winning in big batches of games it is very hard to get to where we want to get in Scotland, full stop. It is very much us or Celtic every season when it starts, so you have to beat everybody else and do well in the Old Firms. So, for me both our games this week are only worth three points. And the three points tomorrow against Motherwell are the most important three points.

Jesus, Rangers appear to have employed a real thinker there 😂

41 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

What a load of absolute shite he spouted 😂. I hope he didn’t actually say that and the journalist has embellished it for his sake.

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

That’s hilarious 

On 24/12/2022 at 16:12, AJF said:

Rangers have confirmed the knee injury that was rumoured Davis had suffered and he is out for the season. A sad end to his career with us and I’d imagine he will retire. What a player.

Our injury record this season has been ridiculous.

There was always a huge risk keeping on a player at his age. Great player no doubt in his prime but really should have been released before now by such a big club. 

My club were rumoured to have wanted to sign him but I’m glad it never happened.

Terrific player. Model professional but age catches up with you in this line of work.

3 nil flattered us if I'm being fair, Motherwell had several good chances tonight and were unlucky not to score.

Some great fitba at times but also extremely sloppy too, Barisic being back is a boost and just have to hope that Alfie can play on Monday. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

3 nil flattered us if I'm being fair, Motherwell had several good chances tonight and were unlucky not to score.

Some great fitba at times but also extremely sloppy too, Barisic being back is a boost and just have to hope that Alfie can play on Monday. 

We were desperate for the WC break.  The acronym being apt as we were going down the toilet.

4 wins on the spin?  Whilst not playing good football?  I'm ok with that.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We were desperate for the WC break.  The acronym being apt as we were going down the toilet.

4 wins on the spin?  Whilst not playing good football?  I'm ok with that.

There’s only so many games that we can play like that though before the results catch up with us.

If we don’t have Alfie for Monday then we may as well not turn up. Injury problem is a real issue and needs looked at given the amount we have had. There has to be something wrong with our training.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

There’s only so many games that we can play like that though before the results catch up with us.

If we don’t have Alfie for Monday then we may as well not turn up. Injury problem is a real issue and needs looked at given the amount we have had. There has to be something wrong with our training.

The only good thing about Monday is that I'll be in Östersund on a ski break.  Well  I won't be skiing but my kids will.

We have  improved recently but are miles behind Ra Hoops.  Well in football terms only.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You realise thats a parody twitter account?

Yeah I refuse to believe any club would pay a transfer fee in January for a clearly overweight player with a history of poor discipline who is out of contract in a few months 

20 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Yeah I refuse to believe any club would pay a transfer fee in January for a clearly overweight player with a history of poor discipline who is out of contract in a few months 

Seen some **** on here slaughter ange for his weight yet their most sizeable, sorry, sellable asset is massively overweight.