Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Nice to get some silverware. An award so prestigious that I doubt if one in a hundred people have ever heard of it. 

I know that any good news is good news, but sheesh.. 

Stop being sensible. That's what got you kicked of Follow Follow and we won't stand for that nonsense here.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

image.thumb.png.4bafcea50cde48ad3fa0d7e623e26d50.png

Trying win over the hoards with gimmicks, lose tomorrow night and it’ll be bowler hats by next weekend. 

edit- he’s playing a blinder. 

Rangers boss Michael Beale has referred to Celtic as 'the other team' when discussing catching the Scottish Premiership leaders this term.

Beale admitted it would be a tough task to close the gap in the league, but dodged naming the side that sit on top of the league as he shifted the focus onto his team's performance. Ahead of facing Lee Johnston's side, Beale was quizzed on the importance of a win against Hibs to 'make up that nine point gap.'

The Rangers boss responded: "It will only make up a nine point gap if we win and something happens to the other team. At the moment, all we can take care of is tomorrow (Hibs).
"I think everyone is clear that every game at this club feels like it's a must win, (and) every week feels like a big week. In the three and a half years I was here before I said 'this week is a big week, next week is a big week', so I understand it.

During Steven Gerrard's time in charge, when Beale was the Light Blues' number two, Leon Balogun revealed that the players in the dressing room did not like to name Celtic. The squad would refer to their city rivals as "the other".

Speaking to Bild in 2021, the centre-back said: "I try to avoid pronouncing the club's name. I would rather say the one on the other side of town

Edited by Drew Brees

54 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Trying win over the hoards with gimmicks, lose tomorrow night and it’ll be bowler hats by next weekend. 

edit- he’s playing a blinder. 

Rangers boss Michael Beale has referred to Celtic as 'the other team' when discussing catching the Scottish Premiership leaders this term.

Beale admitted it would be a tough task to close the gap in the league, but dodged naming the side that sit on top of the league as he shifted the focus onto his team's performance. Ahead of facing Lee Johnston's side, Beale was quizzed on the importance of a win against Hibs to 'make up that nine point gap.'

The Rangers boss responded: "It will only make up a nine point gap if we win and something happens to the other team. At the moment, all we can take care of is tomorrow (Hibs).
"I think everyone is clear that every game at this club feels like it's a must win, (and) every week feels like a big week. In the three and a half years I was here before I said 'this week is a big week, next week is a big week', so I understand it.

During Steven Gerrard's time in charge, when Beale was the Light Blues' number two, Leon Balogun revealed that the players in the dressing room did not like to name Celtic. The squad would refer to their city rivals as "the other".

Speaking to Bild in 2021, the centre-back said: "I try to avoid pronouncing the club's name. I would rather say the one on the other side of town

Pot. Kettle. Black

40 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Are you seriously comparing your manager to the guy who does our social media account?

No, I’m comparing it to your entire club. As far as I am aware, Celtic have went out their way to avoid saying Rangers name for years. I’m sure you’ll correct me if I’m wrong.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

No, I’m comparing it to your entire club. As far as I am aware, Celtic have went out their way to avoid saying Rangers name for years. I’m sure you’ll correct me if I’m wrong.

Tweeted 4 hrs ago  

4972F7C9-78AC-478B-89C2-66EFE1B6BF2F.jpeg

Edited by Drew Brees

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Literally the Celtic twitter post you shown has Rangers in it. 

Just now, Clown Job said:

I think he means the phrase “Old Firm” 

You know how much it upsets them because we don’t say it 

Not particularly, no. There have definitely been occasions Celtic have went out their way not to mention Rangers by name. The Old Firm is another which I’m not really fussed about whether they use it or not.

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I think he means the phrase “Old Firm” 

You know how much it upsets them because we don’t say it 

The  ‘old firm’ match at Ibrox last season was one of the most bizarre ploys I have seen from that lot, even my orc pals were scratching my head at it, an absolute heads gone from their board/PR dept. 

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

The  ‘old firm’ match at Ibrox last season was one of the most bizarre ploys I have seen from that lot, even my orc pals were scratching my head at it, an absolute heads gone from their board/PR dept. 

I agree it was tinpot to the max, but why were your mates scratching your head?

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

I agree it was tinpot to the max, but why were your mates scratching your head?

Head scratching might not be the best term tbh. But When you come up with an elaborate ‘wind up’ like that when somebody is meant to be already allegedly ‘rattled’ about it it’s just a bit baffling. No one really found it funny tbh trying too hard comes to mind.

ETA - I think it’s the use of the trademark that the 2 boards are disputing over but it would appear the Ibrox board lost the plot a bit over it.

Edited by gannonball

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Head scratching might not be the best term tbh. But When you come up with an elaborate ‘wind up’ like that when somebody is meant to be already allegedly ‘rattled’ about it it’s just a bit baffling. No one really found it funny tbh trying too hard comes to mind.

ETA - I think it’s the use of the trademark that the 2 boards are disputing over but it would appear the Ibrox board lost the plot a bit over it.

I completely agree. It was cringe to the max when I walked in and seen it. I was trying to make a joke about your (presumed) typo about your mates scratching your head rather than their own! 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I completely agree. It was cringe to the max when I walked in and seen it. I was trying to make a joke about your (presumed) typo about your mates scratching your head rather than their own! 

What typo, we are very close is all

Spoiler

Ffs probably  too many nips watching the semi final didn’t even pick up on the fact you repeated it. Just call me Timcardine.