Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

11 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

You pulled out because you couldn’t use Old Firm 

You then embarrassed yourself further by plastering it all over your stadium the next time we showed up and pumped you 

That's what I was getting at. According to the snippet of that article you posted, things started to go downhill when disputes regarding the promotional material broke out. Presumably that'll be Rangers wanting to use the Old Firm branding whereas Celtic objected and it started to get branded as Ange's homecoming.

I still expect the club would've went ahead with it had there been no fan backlash though as they initially came out and defended the decision before backtracking.

And aye, the Old Firm banner was tinpot at the match.

Mr Beale should have been invited to stay on after Gerrard left so it's great to see him back.  Just hope he has the haw maws to sort out our lazy, underachieving,  squad.

Mostly  I want to highlight a Rangers  fan called Alison for making a great 'dad joke' out of her new user name:

1733729344_alimickbeale.png.b2e1cd203bd0bb2130b582efa7b85e92.png

1 hour ago, AJF said:

If Beale’s appointment has achieved one thing it’s that you appear quite hung up on it.

Why are Rangers the only team who number their title wins? It’s as if they’re trying to convince someone of something.

15 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Why are Rangers the only team who number their title wins? It’s as if they’re trying to convince someone of something.

You wouldn’t understand, it’s all about tradition, traditional, institution, tradition, tradition tradition, culture and tradition. Cause that’s what counts to your average bear  

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

You wouldn’t understand, it’s all about tradition, traditional, institution, tradition, tradition tradition, culture and tradition. Cause that’s what counts to your average bear  

Offended by folk wearing suits now.

20 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

What?  You mean posting shit like this>

On 24/11/2020 at 15:08, Henrik's tongue said:

The funniest part of that is the guy who genuinely believes they’re going for a 55th title :bounce3

25 minutes ago, bennett said:

Offended by folk wearing suits now.

Who’s offended?

He playing to the gallery, can’t wait for the next big question, will he wear a suit on the touchline on match days, of course he will, that’s what wins games. 

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Daft Wee Drew and Henpecked Henry not being in the least bit petty.  Ever.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

What?  You mean posting shit like this>

Welcome back. How was under the bed?

8 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

He playing to the gallery

Exactly, so why folk get bent out of shape about it, I’m not sure.

It’s an easy win for any manager to talk about the number of title wins or the traditions of the club, it gets some fans onside, even if others can see it for what it is.

Similar to Rodgers and his fake Danny McGrain story, or when he said a Rangers fan approached him and thanked him for coming to Scottish football. The Celtic fans lapped it up at the time (then ridiculed it after he left), because it’s stuff some of them want to hear.

Edited by AJF

9 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Exactly. It's a crazy idea to attach numbers to these type of things. Just like Celtic going on about winning the European Cup once and simply reminding everyone they've won it half as many  times as Nottingham Forest. The Old Firm ! Ya gotta love 'em !

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

Exactly, so why folk get bent out of shape about it, I’m not sure.

It’s an easy win for any manager to talk about the number of title wins or the traditions of the club, it gets some fans onside, even if others can see it for what it is.

Similar to Rodgers and his fake Danny McGrain story, or when he said a Rangers fan approached him and thanked him for coming to Scottish football. The Celtic fans lapped it up at the time (then ridiculed it after he left), because it’s stuff some of them want to hear.

What was that then?

9 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What was that then?

Whatever Celtic fans may say about Brendan Rodgers now, there was a sense that he really “got” the club during his time as manager.

Having grown up supporting the Hoops in Northern Ireland, Rodgers always has a ready phrase to elicit roars of approval from supporters.

Upon the launch of his autobiography in May last year he told one such anecdote, about club legend Danny McGrain.

Sitting down with Eamonn Holmes for an event to launch his book, the manager was asked about meeting the former right-back.

“There’s a great story about Danny when I first came to Celtic,” Rodgers explained.

“When I first came to Celtic, I came to Lennoxtown to be shown around all the different departments.

“I started at the club and my PA said ‘listen, Danny McGrain wants to speak to you’. And I’m thinking: ‘wow, Danny McGrain!’,”

“I knew Danny was involved because I’d seen him in the background with Lenny [Neil Lennon], he’d been years involved with the reserve team and everything.

“So Danny came in, and everyone else was changed in their Celtic gear and Danny was in his ordinary clothes.

“So he sits down and says ‘nice to meet you, boss’ and I said ‘Danny, it’s nice to meet YOU’.

“And he said: ‘listen, I just want to know if you still want me?’.

“I said: ‘as long as I’m here, you’re here!’.”

I think it later came out that McGrain said it was a lot of rubbish.