Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Much did you guys pay for Colak? For me Wee Freddo has checked out getting a player in now instead of the summer strengthens the squad. 

I think it was around the £2/3m mark if I remember right.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

While selling Wee Freddo isn't mutually exclusive to getting a replacement, £2 or £3 million isn't a premium M8.

When I said premium I meant in regards to signing someone in January. More often than not the prices you need to pay are inflated with it being mid-season and teams not wanting to lose players if they are doing well. So you generally need to pay over the odds.

10 hours ago, AJF said:

When I said premium I meant in regards to signing someone in January. More often than not the prices you need to pay are inflated with it being mid-season and teams not wanting to lose players if they are doing well. So you generally need to pay over the odds.

Be interesting to see what GVB’s idea of premium is tbh. So far, premium is Matondo, Davies and Yilmaz. Not premium is the Dutch trio of Simons, Doekhi and Veerman.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Be interesting to see what GVB’s idea of premium is tbh. So far, premium is Matondo, Davies and Yilmaz. Not premium is the Dutch trio of Simons, Doekhi and Veerman.

I sense you are being deliberately obtuse to misrepresent the point I am making. A premium will need to be paid to sign someone in January regardless if it's Gio doing the buying or not.

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

Gio sacked?

Apparently so. Chris Jack reporting it in the Glasgow Times, and he occasionally gets the heads up before other journalists.

Sad to see him go in the sense he is a likeable guy but sadly that's not enough. He wasn't doing good enough, despite the amazing high of the Europa League last season.