Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Rumour mill has it Gio will be leaving tomorrow. Good time to do it although still coming a bit too late.

European final, Scottish cup champions and CL qualification.

He’s a superb manager and a genuinely beautiful human being.

This is disgraceful.

16 hours ago, bennett said:

He'll play 2 or 3 games then get crooked again. 

Fil Helander has slammed internet rumours that his career is on the line and insists he can be back playing for Rangers in the early part of next year.

The Swedish superstar has been out of action since April when he suffered a foot injury in a 4-0 win over St Mirren in Paisley. It didn’t seem that serious at the time but Helander has not been able to play since. It came after the former Bologna centre back had spent five months out of action after requiring knee surgery having scored the winner in the first Old Firm clash of the season in August last year.

Stories have been spread that the nature of the injury was so complicated that there were fears medical staff would never get to the bottom of it and the career of the 29-year-old star was in jeopardy.

However, Scottish Express Sport can reveal that Helander has had successful surgery on the bone issue and is confident that he will make a complete recovery and will play for Rangers by February or March

“Swedish Superstar…” they’re just taking the piss now. 

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Heaven forbid we appoint a manager that was outperforming Big Ange last year before he left.

Without Michael Beale who well all know is one of the biggest reasons as to why he was successful further underpinned by how much of a shit show Villa became once he went to QPR.

Furthermore he isn’t popular with all Rangers fans in the same BR is to Celtic fans, he left you for more money and the club as a consequence lost the league and significant ground on Celtic.

And how do you measure out performing as it seems to be Ange has won double the trophies Stevie G has and done so in a single season either way I hope you get him

Edited by Jinky67

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Without Michael Beale who well all know is one of the biggest reasons as to why he was successful further underpinned by how much of a shit show Villa became once he went to QPR.

Furthermore he isn’t popular with all Rangers fans in the same BR is to Celtic fans, he left you for more money and the club as a consequence lost the league and significant ground on Celtic.

And how do you measure out performing as it seems to be Ange has won double the trophies Stevie G has and done so in a single season either way I hope you get him

I measured outperforming him using the fact that in the period they were up against each other Gerrard was 4 points clear. Each of Ange's trophies came after Gerrard had left. Not to mention that Gerrard had a very good record v Celtic which is largely one of Gio's main downfalls.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Gerrard should or will come back, I'm just not buying this act that you'd welcome it as much as you are portraying.

38 minutes ago, AJF said:

I measured outperforming him using the fact that in the period they were up against each other Gerrard was 4 points clear. Each of Ange's trophies came after Gerrard had left. Not to mention that Gerrard had a very good record v Celtic which is largely one of Gio's main downfalls.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Gerrard should or will come back, I'm just not buying this act that you'd welcome it as much as you are portraying.

Ok I take it all back I didn’t realise the gap was so huge. Now I know Celtic only had their worst start since the Lou Macari days and were rebuilding pretty much an entire squad so were pretty threadbare but that should not detract from that level of higher performance. Genuinely a miracle we were able to close that gap at all. 

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

You are joking eh. Can you not remember the poisonous abuse he got on social media and talk shows and banners in the stands? How he walked out on the 10, left halfway through a season etc. etc.

I know Celtic fans today that still call him a rat.

The general hatred may have softened more than Rangers fans to Gerrard but it is a few years older and the fact Celtic are currently winning the 2 horse race at this time helps in that regard. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/celtic-fans-troll-brendan-rodgers-14063900

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/brendan-rodgers-insults-celtic-fans-further-with-ridiculous-view-on-2019-walk-out/

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-celtic-fans-saying-28176033

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1094858/Celtic-Brendan-Rodgers-fans-banner-Hibs-Scottish-Cup-Leicester-City-Neil-Lennon

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/11/20/disrespectful-some-celtic-fans-react-to-brendan-rodgers-comments/

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Ok I take it all back I didn’t realise the gap was so huge. Now I know Celtic only had their worst start since the Lou Macari days and were rebuilding pretty much an entire squad so were pretty threadbare but that should not detract from that level of higher performance. Genuinely a miracle we were able to close that gap at all. 

So, he was outperforming him, yes?

Gerrard would be an utterly mental appointment. For one thing, as outlined above, he doesn't have the same backroom team he had before, and for another he won't be up against the joke that was Neil Lennon or the comparatively horrific squad which he'd assembled.

There are still a good few Rangers fans who resent him leaving them for Villa, so he'll get absolutely no leeway at all. A couple of iffy league results and/or a doing from Celtic and the knives will be out. It would be a huge gamble from both sides of the table. 

30 minutes ago, AJF said:

So, he was outperforming him, yes?

Not really mate, in my opinion 4 points is pretty negligible in the grand scheme of things when it comes to performance especially when their is nothing to show for that and tbf the only thing you probably highlight is that Stevie G was underperforming at the time he left especially considering the previous season.

Let me apply context to that for you though when Gerrard left you had 30 points after 13 games, Gio after 13 had 29? But yet Gio is considered to be massively underperforming yet Gerrard was “outperforming” Ange. 

Feel free to take it as a win as I know they are hard to come by just now but it certainly isn’t the win you think it is 😉

Edited by Jinky67

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not really mate, 4 points is pretty negligible in the grand scheme of things when it comes to performance especially when their is nothing to show for that and tbf the only thing you probably highlight is that Stevie G was underperforming at the time he left especially considering the previous season.

Let me apply context to that for you though when Gerrard left you had 30 points after 13 games, Gio after 13 had 29? But yet Gio is considered to be massively underperforming yet Gerrard was “outperforming” Ange. 

Feel free to take it as a win as I know they are hard to come by just now but it certainly isn’t the win you think it is 😉

So being 4 points ahead wasn't outperforming him? That also included a victory over Celtic with a covid depleted squad.

Gio's time to go has come not only based on his league performances this season, either.

I'm not trying to "win" anything here, I've already said I don't think Gerrard should return, I'm just not buying the faux bravado as if you'd celebrate Gerrard returning, particularly given his record in head-to-head matches v Celtic.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

So being 4 points ahead wasn't outperforming him? That also included a victory over Celtic with a covid depleted squad.

Gio's time to go has come not only based on his league performances this year, either.

I'm not trying to "win" anything here, I've already said I don't think Gerrard should return, I'm just not buying the faux bravado as if you'd celebrate Gerrard returning, particularly given his record in head-to-head matches v Celtic.

Mate like I said you have to apply context to numbers for them to make any sense a binary way of looking at things doesn’t work for me so I gave you my opinion already.

And my bravado comes from the fact based on their relative performance with a similar squad there is a 1 point difference between Gio and Gerrard ( that’s without taking into account the impact of Rangers current injuries) and secondly it’s not an emotional Neil Lennon in charge of Celtic. So yeah I genuinely would love to see him back as again in my opinion it would be a disaster for Rangers

32 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Gerrard would be an utterly mental appointment. For one thing, as outlined above, he doesn't have the same backroom team he had before, and for another he won't be up against the joke that was Neil Lennon or the comparatively horrific squad which he'd assembled.

There are still a good few Rangers fans who resent him leaving them for Villa, so he'll get absolutely no leeway at all. A couple of iffy league results and/or a doing from Celtic and the knives will be out. It would be a huge gamble from both sides of the table. 

To be fair, that sounds like fun and games. 

make-it-so-picard.gif

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

A threadbare squad, truly Roy of the Rovers stuff there Jinky.