Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

18 hours ago, Clown Job said:

The lengths RFC will go to exclude opposition fans from attending a game is pretty remarkable 

Edit: If it’s such a strain on police resources it should be played behind closed doors, not used as an opportunity for the home club to sell more tickets to its supporters 

There’s a statement from UEFA explaining why this has had to happen literally half a dozen posts before yours yet you still overlook it to paint it as a Rangers “big bad Rangers excluding fans” nonsense.

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

There’s a statement from UEFA explaining why this has had to happen literally half a dozen posts before yours yet you still overlook it to paint it as a Rangers “big bad Rangers excluding fans” nonsense.

It’s not the first time they’ve wanted to exclude fans to benefit themselves 

Looks like they’re trying to take full advantage of the situation again. 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

We will also have no travelling support at the return fixture so I’m not sure what your point is exactly.

The game was moved due to police resourcing, as confirmed by UEFA.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

We will also have no travelling support at the return fixture so I’m not sure what your point is exactly.

The game was moved due to police resourcing, as confirmed by UEFA.

Why is the game not being played closed doors is resourcing was the issue?

How many police are needed for a small group of Napoli fans?

It absolutely benefits you not having away fans at Ibrox in a game you probably need to pick something up from, whereas your away game in Naples was already written off as a loss. 

12 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Why is the game not being played closed doors is resourcing was the issue?

How many police are needed for a small group of Napoli fans?

It absolutely benefits you not having away fans at Ibrox in a game you probably need to pick something up from, whereas your away game in Naples was already written off as a loss. 

1. Because there will be next to no police resource required if there are no opposing fans to segregate.
  2. I have no idea
  3. Of course it does for this match, but away fan attendance in the Champions League is dictated by UEFA, not the host club. Their rules state a minimum of 5% stadium capacity must be offered to away fans. Rangers would not have the power to simply exclude away fans just because they felt like it.
Edited by AJF

Good thing Celtic and Rangers weren't hand-in-hand denying fans the opportunity to watch their team last season, eh? Otherwise you'd look really daft right now.

It genuinely looks that the Scottish and English Police forces are struggling for resources this week, looks like the Arsenal V PSV games has the same issue.

If they are expecting 100k + (weirdos with too much time on their hands) in Edinburgh and 1m + in London then it is what it is. Its an extra-ordinary one off event and we cant really expect them to be everywhere. Although I would suggest they draft the Army in as "police" at Ibrox just as a social experiment..

5 hours ago, AJF said:
  1. Because there will be next to no police resource required if there are no opposing fans to segregate.
  2. I have no idea
  3. Of course it does for this match, but away fan attendance in the Champions League is dictated by UEFA, not the host club. Their rules state a minimum of 5% stadium capacity must be offered to away fans. Rangers would not have the power to simply exclude away fans just because they felt like it.

Did you type that with a straight face?

Seriously, your fans is practically the only reason anyone needs a police presence at football games in Scotland. 

43 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

"There will be next to no police resource required if there are no opposition fans."

Good one. 

NINTCHDBPICT000653594534.jpg

Just what I was thinking, they obviously didn't see the state of the mutants when celebrating never mind defeat. 

58 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

"There will be next to no police resource required if there are no opposition fans."

Good one. 

NINTCHDBPICT000653594534.jpg

Use my full quote rather than adapt it to suit your narrative. And tag me next time.

34 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Did you type that with a straight face?

Seriously, your fans is practically the only reason anyone needs a police presence at football games in Scotland. 

Of course. If there are no away fans then there will be no segregation required which is the main reason a police presence is needed at football matches.

The false equivalence of the crowd trouble at George Square is simply that, a false equivalence.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Use my full quote rather than adapt it to suit your narrative. And tag me next time.

Of course. If there are no away fans then there will be no segregation required which is the main reason a police presence is needed at football matches.

The false equivalence of the crowd trouble at George Square is simply that, a false equivalence.

Police Scotland are not in the business of stewarding private commercial events. 

They are they to detect and prevent crime, and help to ensure the safety of the public. A list of possible activities the likelihood of which will not be reduced to zero by increasing the composition of the support to 100% bears. 

I edited your post to save your embarrassment from thinking the police are only there to manage segregation.  

7 hours ago, AJF said:

It's akin to banging your head against a very hard, solid object when you reply to him/her/they. I'm so stupid that I do it all the time though.

10 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Police Scotland are not in the business of stewarding private commercial events. 

They are they to detect and prevent crime, and help to ensure the safety of the public. A list of possible activities the likelihood of which will not be reduced to zero by increasing the composition of the support to 100% bears. 

I edited your post to save your embarrassment from thinking the police are only there to manage segregation.  

Come on mate, I was answering a question as to why the game wasn't being played behind closed doors if police resource was the issue. If you don't agree that the police presence required will be vastly reduced in the absence of an away support, then we will just need to agree to disagree.

23 minutes ago, AJF said:

Come on mate, I was answering a question as to why the game wasn't being played behind closed doors if police resource was the issue. If you don't agree that the police presence required will be vastly reduced in the absence of an away support, then we will just need to agree to disagree.

And I don't believe an all bear support would have anything other than a negligible impact on the police resource required. 

Personally and on observable form, I'd increase it. 

6 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

And I don't believe an all bear support would have anything other than a negligible impact on the police resource required. 

The Times report that it would reduce the amount of police required by 90%, so maybe argue with them? 

12 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I think you're trying too hard now.