Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

55 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Thoughts and prayers to Rangers* and their fans at this very sad and difficult time ☹️

Got their condolences up pretty sharpish.

THE Directors, management, players and staff of Rangers Football Club are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Her Majesty The Queen.

Her Majesty served the people of Great Britain and the Commonwealth for over 70 years with incredible devotion and dignity. She will be gravely missed by not just our nation, but nations across the world.

It is with great pride that her portrait has hung in our home dressing room at Ibrox Stadium as a mark of the club’s appreciation for her phenomenal service.

The thoughts of everyone at Rangers Football Club are today with the Royal Family and all those mourning the loss of Her Majesty at this exceptionally difficult time.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Got their condolences up pretty sharpish.

THE Directors, management, players and staff of Rangers Football Club are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Her Majesty The Queen.

Her Majesty served the people of Great Britain and the Commonwealth for over 70 years with incredible devotion and dignity. She will be gravely missed by not just our nation, but nations across the world.

It is with great pride that her portrait has hung in our home dressing room at Ibrox Stadium as a mark of the club’s appreciation for her phenomenal service.

The thoughts of everyone at Rangers Football Club are today with the Royal Family and all those mourning the loss of Her Majesty at this exceptionally difficult time.

Will they be getting the cannon out at half time?

So whats the script?

Will you have a wee ceremony to replace the photos of the queen around the stadium with king charlie? Get the loving cup out so you can salute her one last time?

What will you do with those photos? Bury them as a sign of respect? Surely disrespectful to throw them out.

These are the real questions people. 

50 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s a weird thing to use to try and goad a response out of people, but people are weird, I suppose.

The only thing that is weird has been the reaction of some Rangers fans. It's truly truly odd that the club and their supporters have such affection for the royal family. Each to their own and all that but I just find it utterly bizarre 

6 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The only thing that is weird has been the reaction of some Rangers fans. It's truly truly odd that the club and their supporters have such affection for the royal family. Each to their own and all that but I just find it utterly bizarre 

That's entirely fair. I'm not particularly a monarchist but as you've seen the past 24 hours, this is not something confined to the Rangers support. I'm more along the lines of being respectful rather than mournful.

I just find it odd people are trying to goad a response in the absence of any comments on here from Rangers fans. They want their kicks from them on the back of the news.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Fair do's. In the same way, I'm not anti-monarchy and by all accounts she seemed a fairly decent old bird. I've seen suggestions that Rangers shouldn't play against Napoli on Tuesday though and just forfeit the game. Madness. 

Would help with their goal difference if nothing else. 

8 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Fair do's. In the same way, I'm not anti-monarchy and by all accounts she seemed a fairly decent old bird. I've seen suggestions that Rangers shouldn't play against Napoli on Tuesday though and just forfeit the game. Madness. 

Was that Giovanni van bronckhorst by any chance? 

23 minutes ago, AJF said:

That's entirely fair. I'm not particularly a monarchist but as you've seen the past 24 hours, this is not something confined to the Rangers support. I'm more along the lines of being respectful rather than mournful.

I just find it odd people are trying to goad a response in the absence of any comments on here from Rangers fans. They want their kicks from them on the back of the news.

I'm literally working with Rangers fans who are acting like their own Granny died yet they were sending memes and jokes about the last Pope that died, trying to get a rise out of the Celtic fans.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm literally working with Rangers fans who are acting like their own Granny died yet they were sending memes and jokes about the last Pope that died, trying to get a rise out of the Celtic fans.

And I also think that's weird.